March Madness Thread

13»

Comments

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    Believe me, I know all about Butler. I go to school an hour away. I'm from Indiana. We are all about basketball.

Anyway. Syracuse must have been sloppy as has been said. I believe people undercut Butler's talent (even their own fans) by talking about player "togetherness" and whatnot. There was only 1 senior in Butler's starting line up. 3 sophomores. They have talented players (not like Syracuse, tho). Hayward as I have said is a legitimate threat. He's a prototypical 6'9" swingman. Good inside and outside game. I think he could get NBA attention. All of Butler's guards can drain the 3. Howard makes up for his size with smart play. Really young coach. They really haven't benefited from IU's recent downturn as much as other schools, particularly Purdue. Although there were 6 IU transfers in the tournament. Armon Bassett from Ohio, who had 32 against Georgetown. Jordan Crawford at Xavier, who is a human highlight reel. Ebanks at West Virginia, etc. One can only imagine if these players were still together.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How in the fusk is Avery Bradley going to go pro after that weaksauce season?

Obviously, one-and-done was his plan all along. But apart from flashes, he was basically no better than average to dogshit (especially defensively).

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I didn't mean to discount Butler's efforts, they played great and wouldn't have won if they didn't. They were playing stout defense and taking advantage pf Syracuse's mistakes, as any good team should. I'm just salty because Syracuse is my favorite team. And you're right about that kid Crawford, wow. I don't really know a lot about college hoops, so I'm just learning about that guy. He was lighting it up yesterday! That 3 to take it into the first OT was bananas.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kentucky is a scandal waiting to happen. Every team that Calipari coaches at gets busted afterward. Derrick Rose had his friend take the SAT, the entire Memphis Season, the best in NCAA history got wiped out because of Rose and his brother, Marcus Camby at UMass received jewelry, cash, and some other odds and ends.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Obviously, one-and-done was his plan all along. But apart from flashes, he was basically no better than average to dogshit (especially defensively).

Barnes is done.....his "We don't win championships, we get players ready for the NBA" comment was his undoing.....the move UT should make, and quick, is to hire UNT's Johnny Jones.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Barnes is done.....his "We don't win championships, we get players ready for the NBA" comment was his undoing.....the move UT should make, and quick, is to hire UNT's Johnny Jones.

Plaese to slow down, Barnes ain't going anywhere just yet.

Plaese to slow down, Barnes ain't going anywhere just yet.

I was in the Erwin Center 2 weeks ago.

There are 3 uniform's retired in the rafters.

Durant & TJ, who had 3 years between them, and some old school dude you never heard of.

Barnes won't be there come 2012....guaranteed.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    UK DONE

Wow, I didn't think that WVA could hold onto that lead but they did. This tournament has been full of upsets.

I'm pulling for Baylor....and then, anyone but Duke.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    shamed to say, i have a duke winning it all bracket still going in a pool...

$ > soul

anyone but Duke.

• UK = 4/32 from 3 pt.

wow.

Kentucky's defense was horrible as well.

• Kentucky's defense was horrible as well.

Well, they didn't give up a 2pt FG for an entire half...

Foul trouble didn't help 'em, but that's their own fault.

They were giving up layups in the 2nd half.

They were giving up layups in the 2nd half.

This is true. But give West Virginia credit for hitting threes early on, and opening up the middle. The Kentucky defenders were scared to leave their man and go help!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    UK = 4/32 from 3 pt.

wow.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of Freshmen playing in the elite 8. Not many (Arizona, Syracuse) have won rings with several freshmen starting.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I'm pulling for Baylor....and then, anyone but Duke.

YES, GO BAYLOR!

But I am pulling for Michigan State.

As for UK, you can pull the freshman card (as everybody's been hoping to do all along), or you could just chalk it up to a bad game. They started off poorly on offense and never found their rhythm. I've seen this happen to freshman-heavy college teams and veteran pro teams alike. WVU could not miss from 3, that didn't help UK's chances of getting back in the game much. More experienced teams like Kansas and Syracuse had the same problems in this tournament. This is why I don't like it when people say things like "this is what happens when you have a bunch of freshmen starting..." I think it's better to say "this is what happens in March Madness", haha.

Let's go Spartans!!!

Butler can do this.

Second half is gonna be crazy.

damn, that one gave me goosebumps at the end there...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Hayward has a nice behind the back dribble going to his right. If he would have hit that fall-away jumper it would have been a classic. I wanted Butler to win but not with a hail mary at the last second. Glad that one missed actually.

Scheyer is arguably the best all time jewish college basketball player.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hayward has a nice behind the back dribble going to his right. If he would have hit that fall-away jumper it would have been a classic. I wanted Butler to win but not with a hail mary at the last second. Glad that one missed actually.

Scheyer is arguably the best all time jewish college basketball player.

Cue "Airplane"!