TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Junior said:
    Senior said:
    Hey *eo, good to hear, congrats on the local lady! How is your Spanish coming along? I'm guessing better than my German. 
    I wouldn't bet on it 

Sorry, forgot it was Doc in Berlin and you were elsewhere. RE: taking that shit abroad, I just thought now - maybe it's the Tory government's fault? Are you happy in Cologne? Getting by with broken German and English whenever possible? I'm also curious if you feel this a long-term move for you as I've had no misgivings about leaving England and no desire to return. There's things I miss, but the cost of living, shit weather, and general aggressive air of the big cities is something I don't want to go back to.
    Speak upon it!
    Ha, it's amazing how much harder I find it to learn something when I can't take shortcuts and skip the boring bits....

Yeah I'm very happy to not be living under the latest Tory government, especially considering they're only getting started with the clusterfuck, It's an interesting question about long term plans; for all its appalling, unforgivable, faults, I love London to pieces and I'd be really sad if I thought there was no chance of me ever living there again. 
    The way the cost of living and house prices are, you probably won't ever be able to afford to live there again!

Just looked at an article on how privatised British Rail is subsidising European rail companys... 
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/18/foreign-state-owned-railway-british-train-companies-revenue_n_8003970.html

...then there's the utilies that used to be state owned and are also owned by foreign countries leeching profits. I really felt like I couldn't afford to live in the UK anymore. Well, not live and buy records and tequila.

While you might miss London, it feels like rest of the country tightened it's collective belt so that it can be business as usual in the capital (or shit hitting the fan there too?).

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/11/david-cameron-slams-his-o_n_8531208.html

and this guy's reaction is quite funny:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

PEP!

Srs doe, chickens are still innumerable as the Prem has been the rock that has scuppered many managerial egos.  Fact is City are still far from fielding Messis, Suarezes and Neymars.  Will be interesting to see if Pep can bring in bigger names.  Otherwise, Pellegrini will be having the last laugh.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The opposite of classy.

Assy?

Jimster said:

PEP!

The pep puns doe.

HT Pep talk inspires Citeh comeback
    Citeh have more Pep than under Pellers
    Peppering over the cracks
    Pep:si over Koke transfer rumour
    Jimster

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Jimster said:

PEP!

The pep puns doe.

HT Pep talk inspires Citeh comeback
    Citeh have more Pep than under Pellers
    Peppering over the cracks
    Pep:si over Koke transfer rumour
    Sheik Mansur dis-Pep-tic over Champions League group stage elimination
    Duderonomydiscos_almaJimster

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I can see the Metro headline now:

PEP-POSTEROUS! Last minute Sterling pen seals win

Any way you cut it, these are all better than the Klopp / Kop puns that keep whizzing by. There's a lot there to work with already, but maybe I'm just Klopp-timistic.

skel said:
    The opposite of classy.
    Ferran Soriano, just before Pellers arrived:

"We are not changing the culture of the club. I know that Roberto Mancini complained about [Begiristain’s predecessor] Brian Marwood but I saw them working together. The difference in role between football director and the manager is that the director of football has, and has to have, a long-term view.

‘So what we are asking him to do is build a squad, but also football concepts, and a way of working that will last for the next 10 years. We want to play good football, beautiful football. We want a good show.  The manager has a shorter span. We are asking the manager to win this season, next season and every Sunday.

I have seen this working very well in Barcelona. The style of play will run through the club but when it goes to the first team, the manager can make as many changes as he wants. Normally what shouldn’t happen is that he will make radical changes, such as playing lots of long balls etc.

We are not telling the manager how to do his job, we are just providing for the manager technically skilled players who are talented enough to play this kind of beautiful football. He can then do that as he wants."

Soriano is clearly preoccupied with stability and rightly so. His definition of the term is interesting, though. During our interview, he talked of coaches working in ‘cycles’ of three or four years and it is clear he feels one man cannot reasonably be expected to be function well beyond two of these. 

"Three years in football is a long time. In football, teams have cycles and you can have managers who go through several cycles and managers who go through one cycle. Obviously, we want the next manager to stay for a number of years, but I think it would not be wise to speculate.  Maybe a manager can do one or two cycles, but people get tired. Players need another way, another excitement, and managers also want to move. It’s normal.’

Soriano didn’t talk directly about Pellegrini. That appointment is yet to be rubber-stamped. He admitted, though, that his former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola will in all likelihood head to England in years to come and it is clear he remains a possible City manager of the future.

‘Pep is very young,’ reflected Soriano. ‘After Germany he probably will come to England to coach somewhere. Pep and Txiki speak regularly, maybe weekly, so that would have been an easy one. But we are now convinced that we will bring a manager who will be what we are looking for.

Pellers is probably the least surprised.

City ten years ago:

Barca were shitting themselves...

I have a number of acquaintances of similar vintage who follow Chelsea. That is to say, who recall dark days of the 70s and 80s.
    To a man they pine for the days before the money came in. When a football day out had only a peripheral dependence on the result.
    I went with such dude recently to the game vs West Brom. Pitiful atmosphere. Surrounded by arrivistes in tweed jackets, opining on tactical formations. Statistics and league table position were the focus. Lamentable shit.
    I view all such specimens as fundamentally plastic, to varying degrees natch but essentially missing the vital point of following your team.
    No doubt Chelsea are particularly prone to this, vis location and the manufactured provenance of the club since its inception in 1905, being based not on local verve and need but a means to filling an under-used athletics facility.
    I also have no doubt that a chunk of Man City fans feel similarly, but I don't know them dudes.
    And equally no doubt that us oldies' perspective increasingly diminishes with the inevitable decline in our demographic.
    But excuse us for not buying into the current ethos. It's fake to me.

I understand the price clubs pay is expectation - gone are the days of nothing mattering after the final whistle and the players getting mullered together in the clubhouse.  You can still find that magic at a local ground in the lower echelons of the FA, but with the sponsorship money, it's very much an entertainment brand and the boards at all PL clubs are keen that the sponsors get return on dey investment.

And let's face it, the pecking order was based on money before.  The thing that City are doing that's different is they have a global vision for their partner clubs and for City Football as a whole.  The scale of what the hay-rabs want to achieve still seems hard to believe, but they are going to make it happen, regardless of how our myopic press want to spin it.  The investment has been massive and the profits will arrive long-term.  Regardless of what the Maine Road die-hards might miss, they can't deny the local investment alone has been worth it for the profile and economy of Manchester in general.

So it's no longer personal - but personally I don't mind the money at City.  If it all goes T.U. with the price of oil, so be it.  It was nice to see the likes of Aguero and dem turning out instead of Joey Barton.  The alternative is more of the previous "Big" clubs elbowing Leicester and such away from the table.  And f*ck knows, I've had enough of gloating, bandwagon Un*ted "Fans" over the last 25 years.  Expectation is a small price to pay.

An admirable stab at glass half full there Jim but it's still fake.
    talk of global vision GTFOOH etc

For the Arabs it's about diversifying their economy away from oil revenues.
    For Ruski it's about having a western raison d'être that mitigates polonium risks.

All those who buy into this bs are welcome to go rub shoulders with their new found Korean and Chinese bredren and discuss #assists, pressing strategies and the like. The minute my club and match day experience turns out like that, I'm out.

At the West Brom game, Costa nastily fouled some Scandi hippy. I got to my feet and gave loads of 4 letter invective to send the cunt off. And I was in the Chelsea end. Old days I would have got pelters, if not a clump. At the Bridge, in 2016, not a murmer. Just some scared looks. Steward came over and asked me to mind the language.*

Used to be a football club there.

*next day, relating this to work dude, he said my rant came over loud and clear on a radio commentary via pitch-side mic, and commentator apologised to listeners.  Real Football 1, Entertainment Industry 0.
    :-)
    DuderonomyJimsterJunior

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Junior said:
    Senior said:
    Hey *eo, good to hear, congrats on the local lady! How is your Spanish coming along? I'm guessing better than my German. 
    I wouldn't bet on it 

Sorry, forgot it was Doc in Berlin and you were elsewhere. RE: taking that shit abroad, I just thought now - maybe it's the Tory government's fault? Are you happy in Cologne? Getting by with broken German and English whenever possible? I'm also curious if you feel this a long-term move for you as I've had no misgivings about leaving England and no desire to return. There's things I miss, but the cost of living, shit weather, and general aggressive air of the big cities is something I don't want to go back to.
    Speak upon it!
    Ha, it's amazing how much harder I find it to learn something when I can't take shortcuts and skip the boring bits....

Yeah I'm very happy to not be living under the latest Tory government, especially considering they're only getting started with the clusterfuck, It's an interesting question about long term plans; for all its appalling, unforgivable, faults, I love London to pieces and I'd be really sad if I thought there was no chance of me ever living there again. 
    The way the cost of living and house prices are, you probably won't ever be able to afford to live there again!

Just looked at an article on how privatised British Rail is subsidising European rail companys... 
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/18/foreign-state-owned-railway-british-train-companies-revenue_n_8003970.html

...then there's the utilies that used to be state owned and are also owned by foreign countries leeching profits. I really felt like I couldn't afford to live in the UK anymore. Well, not live and buy records and tequila.

While you might miss London, it feels like rest of the country tightened it's collective belt so that it can be business as usual in the capital (or shit hitting the fan there too?).

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/11/david-cameron-slams-his-o_n_8531208.html

and this guy's reaction is quite funny:

What with the current suggestions of the In/Out vote happening in June I may have the choice about staying abroad taken away from me anyway...Any thoughts on this? Quick wedding the most obvious option (what could possibly go wrong)?
    Also paging Doc on this, where he is anyway?

Not directly related but, fuck a Pep. What an overrated sulky twat. Give me a Jose or Klopp any day of the week.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    i don't think there would be a problem staying in spain if UK goes out, UK will prolly enter some EEA like solution, just more lucrative.

Is there going to be a referendum on BREXIT?

Is there going to be a referendum on BREXIT?
    Lollers

basic answer: yes there is.

my wholly unscientific yet independent survey amongst assorted millwall hooligans and City office shrapnel reveals a majority Bannatyne tendency.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Jimster said:
    haha she may not be your typical supermodel but her Vorderman-like maths superpowers give her the edge over Kate Moss any day.

"I have already completed 4 professional photo shoots. The first one was studio based for an agency. 2nd shoot was for an fashion editorial on a country estate and the 3rd shoot was for portfolio development."

There is surely a market for soft and hard pr0n involving hatchet faced miseries with thousand year old souls hailing from Eastern Europe. I would probably blag a gander.
    Jimster

Flomotion said:
    Jimster said:
    haha she may not be your typical supermodel but her Vorderman-like maths superpowers give her the edge over Kate Moss any day.

"I have already completed 4 professional photo shoots. The first one was studio based for an agency. 2nd shoot was for an fashion editorial on a country estate and the 3rd shoot was for portfolio development."
    "portfolio development"... I wonder what her masterful property portfolio secret could be?

skel

Fuck.
    Time to contemplate the unthinkable re Leicester.

That said, City gets what they deserve vis their treatment of a dignified man.

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    am i supposed to judge the lithuanian chick based on one blurry and cropped photo? its 2016 and thats the best the tabloids can do with a junk story like that?

am i supposed to judge the lithuanian chick based on one blurry and cropped photo? its 2016 and thats the best the tabloids can do with a junk story like that?
    I personally have seen enough.  Already felt like I were turning to stone.

:pasue:

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    skel said:
    Fuck.

that Mahrez goal was pretty tasty, and Citeh were thoroughly owned by Leicester in the 2nd half.

apparently Leicester's last game is at Chelsea. Imagine the invigorating boner Ranieri will be sporting if his team gets to lift the trophy at Stamford Bridge.
    Duderonomy

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    i dunno but for a forty seven year old lithuanian chick who would get with an old guy and get his house thats about what it is.

ppadilha said:
    skel said:
    Fuck.

that Mahrez goal was pretty tasty, and Citeh were thoroughly owned by Leicester in the 2nd half.

apparently Leicester's last game is at Chelsea. Imagine the invigorating boner Ranieri will be sporting if his team gets to lift the trophy at Stamford Bridge.
    Citeh pwnded at home.  That is not the form of a champion.

Forza Leicester

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    i dunno but for a forty seven year old lithuanian chick who would get with an old guy and get his house thats about what it is.
    https://www.google.es/search?q=greta+cerniauskaite&espv=2&biw=1455&bih=726&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisvLv1iujKAhXG1BoKHRplBWcQsAQILQ

that initial picture of her is a lie. she would definitely fool me.

How the fuck are you "Teh Creator"?

Now you've been demoted to Super OG, and so have I. "Classic". Not even "Classique".

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    brits, i come to you once again with a question.

pls to school me on status quo 

what should i pick up to start off with?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    eeeeextreme latte pass on this one for me

if anyone has extra copies of their stuff 4 sale, pls pm me!