Soul/Garage 45s from Greenville Mississippi

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    what's freaking me out is the apparent amount of missing titles, like did Big Beat start at #17, are there 16 before The Kidds, why the massive jump to 1267? Did the Bar-Bare titles also come out on Big Beat as the numbers suggest? It seems pretty helter skelter. What about that title on 1269? "Why Don???t You Love Me & Treat Me Right Because I Been Loving You For A Long Long Time" longest title on a soul 45 ever!? Are there 76 missing titles between the Trademarques & Chick Willis on Reginald? The mind boggles, considering that as an operation it is pretty overlooked & a lot of it is pretty workmanlike R&B/Soul/Garage. Some of the titles are hellishly common too. But then some of it so rare it's not even funny. I'd like to see a comp of the good stuff, that's for sure.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The O.D. Williams on Bar-Bare 1266 is "I'm Moving On Out Of Your Life"

Hey, Luck...is that pic sleeve in your avatar from those Greenville labels?

I mean, really - "I Had It Hard But I Made It Over."

Nope. It's a HSE Gospel LP by Mr. Melvin Teal. A nice man that I've spoken to.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Some of the titles are hellishly common too.

Chick Willis is obviously the biggest seller in this bunch. Even though his records never made the Billboard charts, he was (and remains) a big man on the chitlin' circuit. His 45's turn up all the time. And they're really good, too.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    what's freaking me out is the apparent amount of missing titles, like did Big Beat start at #17, are there 16 before The Kidds, why the massive jump to 1267? Did the Bar-Bare titles also come out on Big Beat as the numbers suggest? It seems pretty helter skelter. What about that title on 1269? "Why Don???t You Love Me & Treat Me Right Because I Been Loving You For A Long Long Time" longest title on a soul 45 ever!? Are there 76 missing titles between the Trademarques & Chick Willis on Reginald? The mind boggles, considering that as an operation it is pretty overlooked & a lot of it is pretty workmanlike R&B/Soul/Garage. Some of the titles are hellishly common too. But then some of it so rare it's not even funny. I'd like to see a comp of the good stuff, that's for sure.

If there's one thing about discographies I've learned since I started compiling them, it's that one should never place too much faith in numbers. Some of these label heads were nuts, and others just ported over the master numbers. Look at One Way and Saadia.

• what's freaking me out is the apparent amount of missing titles, like did Big Beat start at #17, are there 16 before The Kidds, why the massive jump to 1267? Did the Bar-Bare titles also come out on Big Beat as the numbers suggest? It seems pretty helter skelter. What about that title on 1269? "Why Don???t You Love Me & Treat Me Right Because I Been Loving You For A Long Long Time" longest title on a soul 45 ever!? Are there 76 missing titles between the Trademarques & Chick Willis on Reginald? The mind boggles, considering that as an operation it is pretty overlooked & a lot of it is pretty workmanlike R&B/Soul/Garage. Some of the titles are hellishly common too. But then some of it so rare it's not even funny. I'd like to see a comp of the good stuff, that's for sure.

If there's one thing about discographies I've learned since I started compiling them, it's that one should never place too much faith in numbers. Some of these label heads were nuts, and others just ported over the master numbers. Look at One Way and Saadia.

Look at Deesu/Sansu, both of which just stop, and restart all of a sudden with a new numbering pattern. Deesu was more abrupt, with Sansu restarting a little while after the classic stuff.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    I just wanted to say that this is possibly the most informative SS thread in the last year.

Keep it up.

I just wanted to say that this is possibly the most informative SS thread in the last year.

Keep it up.

I'm already mentally checking off the 45's I have in that discography, wondering if I should start a special section for "Greenville (and related)" singles.

Keep it up.
    Ha ha, yeah, I didn't really know what the hell I was getting into, I thought "maybe a handful of records on a couple of labels". That'll teach me to ruminate on the fine print of 45s when I'm on a 3 week holiday from work.

so many label variations too.

updated

Greenville, Mississippi - Soul Records
    Lynn???s Record Dist./Reginald???s Records
    617 Nelson St, Greenville
    476 Muscadine St, Greenville
    551 N.Muscadine St, Greenville
    Delta Production Association, 604 E Clay, Greenville
    VH&L Circle Dist., Chicago
    Together Records, PO Box 7155, Atlanta, Georgia.

Reginald
    335 - Slim Willis Band ??? I Sayed That/Wine Me Up Baby
    555/556 ??? Little Eddie ??? The Skrooch/Teddy Bear Blues
    1401 - Johnny Larand - Come On Home / The Eel
    1402 ??? Virgil Griffin ??? I???m On My Way/Love Will Never Die
    1403 - Virgil Griffin ??? If You Can???t Go Don???t/A Forgotten Lover
    1411 - Trademarques - I Can Set You Free / Free Your Fears
    1487 - Chick Willis ??? Mr Moon Man I???ve Come To Bring You Some/You Win Again
    1488 ??? Soul Lee ??? I Need You/I Lost Someone I Wish I Had
    1489 - The Dungill Sisters - I'm Your Puppet On A String /People Are getting Worried Tina
    8670 ??? Eva-Larse ??? Won???t Someone Help This Poor Lost Soul/The Man Does Something To Me
    9747 - Chick Willis - The Way You???re Stoopin??? Down/My Bowlegged Woman
    38701 ??? Heavenly Kings Singers ??? Going Back With Jesus/If You Wake Up In The Morning

Odex
    1041 - Barbara Jean & The Lyrics - While You're Out Shopping / You Don't Love Me (No More)
    1042 - Fe-Fi-Four Plus 2 - Mr. Sweet Stuff / Pick Up Your Head (garage)
    1043 ??? Vikki Styles ??? Tears Won???t Stop Falling/If I Didn???t Love You
    1044 - Alice Thomas - A Girl's Tears / I'm Coming Home
    1067 - Years People / Frank Tenella - Funky Drop (Part 1) / You Came Along And Changed My Whole Life And Made It Worth Living
    1711 - The Premiers - Speaking Of You / Funky Monkey

Leno
    1532 ??? Vikki Styles ??? Mark My Words Love Will Never Die/Without Your Love I Can???t Make It

Big Beat
    1017 ??? The Kidds ??? Straighten Up & Fly Right/See What My Love Means (garage)
    1018 - Vic Lee - I'm Coming Home Soon/Minit Skirt
    1267 - Little Eddie ??? There'll Be A Day When You'll Be Glad To Have Me Around/Wonder What Makes My Way So Hard
    1268 ??? Chick Willis ??? So Hurt
    1269 ??? The Cherries ??? Don???t Know Much About Love/Why Don???t You Love Me & Treat Me Right Because I Been Loving You For A Long Long Time
    1273 ??? Vicki Williams/Henvick & His Gang ??? Your Love Makes Me Stay When I Know I Should Go/Do The Breakdown
    1276 - Little Eddie ??? Listen Baby Please Be Good To Me/I Don???t Want Nobody Digging In My Potato Field (Atlanta, Georgia address)
    1278 - The Soul Twins - If It's Something You Got And It's Worth It Having / Come On Everybody Get With The Beat
    1287 ??? Vicki Williams ??? The Best Of Luck To You/You???re In The Army But I Wish You Were Here
    1297 ??? Larry Foster ??? Funky Belly
    1299 ??? Vicki Williams ??? Do I Make Myself Clear/Best Of Luck To You
    1376 ??? L Johnson Jr ??? You Gotta Have Soul/I Been Down So Long
    9747 ??? Chick Willis ??? I Can Deal With That/My Bowlegged Woman (Chicago Dist. Address)
    ? - ? - Muhammad Ali Soul Dance/?

Little Lynn
    569 - W. Williams & Sonny Wash - Don't Lie To Me Lover/W. Williams - Mississippi Round House

Milestone
    100 - Aries ??? Girl You???re So Fine/? (70s boogie/modern)

Terrell
    6178 - Johnny Little John - Cant Sit Still/What In The World (You Gonna Do)
    6179 - Johnny Nix - I got my brand on you/Match box
    6277 - Pops Porter - Get Away From My Door Woman/Please If I Can't Come In Let Me Sit On Your Porch
    ? ??? Pops Porter - Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood

Markeda
    9747 ??? Chick Willis ??? I Can Deal With That/My Bowlegged Woman (Chicago Dist. Address)
    9748 - Gene Marshall and the Ghetto Sons - It happens to everyone/One shirt
    ? ??? Triplett Twins - ?/?

Della
    1214 ??? Sparks ??? Don???t Forget The Girl Back Home/?
    1215 - The Cherries & The Rhythm Kings ??? Make My Life Worth Living/You Know You Gonna Need Me

Morgan Park
    7711 ??? Vicki Williams ??? Help Me Make Up My Mind (Best Of Luck To You)/Do I Make Myself Clear

Bar-Bare
    1264 ??? Leroy King ??? My Darling/Tennessee Waltz
    1265 ??? The Sheltons ??? Find It/I Who Have Nothing
    1266 ??? OD Williams ??? Funky Belly/I???m Moving Out Of Your Life
    1299 ??? Pops Porter - Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood
    10304 ??? Willie Buck ??? It???s Alright (LP)

Greens III

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

This is Jimmy Mitchell related, the group had a single on King James (along with Sonny Wimberly). Jimmy Mitchell is related via REW,which is what all this shit became when it landed in Chicago in 1973. From there you can zig zag through the MTH, MTVH, and REW labels. Most have seen Bobby Williams "Superfly" and the Chuck Armstrong on REW and MTVH, as well as Lady Margo on MTH. Margo appears to have been produced by L. Williams, likely Lynn Williams.

This is Jimmy Mitchell related, the group had a single on King James (along with Sonny Wimberly). Jimmy Mitchell is related via REW,which is what all this shit became when it landed in Chicago in 1973. From there you can zig zag through the MTH, MTVH, and REW labels. Most have seen Bobby Williams "Superfly" and the Chuck Armstrong on REW and MTVH, as well as Lady Margo on MTH. Margo appears to have been produced by L. Williams, likely Lynn Williams.
    so they packed up in Greenville & moved to Chicago?? Crazy. Wonder what happened to Henry R. Hines or whatever his name was? Do you know what's up with the Willie Buck LP on Bar-Bare, are there many LPs related to all this or were they primarily 45s?

Do you know what's up with the Willie Buck LP on Bar-Bare

...and does this album include "Get Down & Disco To The Blues"? (This song also came out on IRC as "Disco Blues"...I know another label released it under the other title but I forget which one.)

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    The actual title of the Pops Porter single listed above is "Get Away From My Door Woman"/"Please If I Can't Come In Let Me Sit On Your Porch."

Porter had another release on Terrell, titled something like "Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood" (parts one and two).

I like the fact that many of these singles have run-on sentences for titles. Is that a Mississippi quirk? Or did that just make it easier to ask for in stores?

Pickwick -- are you related to Pops Porter?

Just checking,
    JRoot

The actual title of the Pops Porter single listed above is "Get Away From My Door Woman"/"Please If I Can't Come In Let Me Sit On Your Porch."

Porter had another release on Terrell, titled something like "Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood" (parts one and two).

I like the fact that many of these singles have run-on sentences for titles. Is that a Mississippi quirk? Or did that just make it easier to ask for in stores?

Pickwick -- are you related to Pops Porter?

Just checking,
    JRoot

No relation...

more info:

This was a little powerhouse for a few years in the south. Reggie eventually went miss from the taxman. His writing partner was Vikki Williams, both are nowhere to be found.
    The reason for Chicago connection is that they had a branch of the distribution set up in Cottage Grove, Chicago for about 2 years, so at that time also picked up local artists there as well.

The Greenville set up was closed down, looted and then caught fire and all the stock distroyed. I did here a roumor that Reggie had found god and was working somewhere in the south as a preacher, under a different name, but that was as far as it went.
    Greenville is a tiny little town on the banks of the river, the next nearest town, about 10 miles away is the birth place of BB King. The only reason I could see for the opperation being there was that is was fairly central on the old highway network to service the deep south, before the growth of the interstates.

I also have a few other later local releases from there, no connection to Lyn's Distribution, but would have to search for them. The town now has one record store, CD's only. All the record stock was cleaned out by none other than John Anderson many moon's ago.

update
    Lynn???s Record Dist./Reginald???s Records

Reginald
    335 - Slim Willis Band ??? I Sayed That/Wine Me Up Baby
    555/556 ??? Little Eddie ??? The Skrooch/Teddy Bear Blues
    1402 ??? Virgil Griffin ??? I???m On My Way/Love Will Never Die
    1403 - Virgil Griffin ??? If You Can???t Go Don???t/A Forgotten Lover
    1487 - Chick Willis ??? Mr Moon Man I???ve Come To Bring You Some/You Win Again
    1488 ??? Soul Lee ??? I Need You/I Lost Someone I Wish I Had
    1489 - The Dungill Sisters - I'm Your Puppet On A String /People Are getting Worried Tina
    8670 ??? Eva-Larse ??? Won???t Someone Help This Poor Lost Soul/The Man Does Something To Me
    9747 - Chick Willis - The Way You???re Stoopin??? Down/My Bowlegged Woman
    38701 ??? Heavenly Kings Singers ??? Going Back With Jesus/If You Wake Up In The Morning

Odex
    1041 - Barbara Jean & The Lyrics - While You're Out Shopping / You Don't Love Me (No More)
    1043 ??? Vikki Styles ??? Tears Won???t Stop Falling/If I Didn???t Love You
    1067 - Years People / Frank Tenella - Funky Drop (Part 1) / You Came Along And Changed My Whole Life And Made It Worth Living

Leno
    1532 ??? Vikki Styles ??? Mark My Words Love Will Never Die/Without Your Love I Can???t Make It

Big Beat
    1017 ??? The Kidds ??? Straighten Up & Fly Right/See What My Love Means (garage)
    1267 - Little Eddie ??? There'll Be A Day When You'll Be Glad To Have Me Around/Wonder What Makes My Way So Hard
    1268 ??? Chick Willis ??? So Hurt
    1269 ??? The Cherries ??? Don???t Know Much About Love/Why Don???t You Love Me & Treat Me Right Because I Been Loving You For A Long Long Time
    1273 ??? Vicki Williams/Henvick & His Gang ??? Your Love Makes Me Stay When I Know I Should Go/Do The Breakdown
    1276 - Little Eddie ??? Listen Baby Please Be Good To Me/I Don???t Want Nobody Digging In My Potato Field (Atlanta, Georgia address)
    1278 - The Soul Twins - If It's Something You Got And It's Worth It Having / Come On Everybody Get With The Beat
    1287 ??? Vicki Williams ??? The Best Of Luck To You/You???re In The Army But I Wish You Were Here
    1297 ??? Larry Foster ??? Funky Belly
    1299 ??? Vicki Williams ??? Do I Make Myself Clear/Best Of Luck To You
    1376 ??? L Johnson Jr ??? You Gotta Have Soul/I Been Down So Long

Little Lynn
    569 - W. Williams & Sonny Wash - Don't Lie To Me Lover/W. Williams - Mississippi Round House
    ? ??? Spencer Jackson Family ??? Bring Back Peace To The World/?

Milestone
    100 - Aries ??? Girl You???re So Fine/? (70s boogie/modern)

Terrell
    6178 - Johnny Little John - Cant Sit Still/What In The World (You Gonna Do)
    6277 - Pops Porter - Get Away From My Door Woman/Please If I Can't Come In Let Me Sit On Your Porch
    ? ??? Pops Porter - Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood

Markeda
    3747 ??? Triplett Twins ??? Roote Tooter/Tell It To My Face

Della
    1214 ??? Sparks ??? Don???t Forget The Girl Back Home/?
    1215 - The Cherries & The Rhythm Kings ??? Make My Life Worth Living/You Know You Gonna Need Me

Morgan Park
    7711 ??? Vicki Williams ??? Help Me Make Up My Mind (Best Of Luck To You)/Do I Make Myself Clear

Bar-Bare
    1264 ??? Leroy King ??? My Darling/Tennessee Waltz
    1265 ??? The Sheltons ??? Find It/I Who Have Nothing
    1266 ??? OD Williams ??? Funky Belly/I???m Moving Out Of Your Life
    1299 ??? Pops Porter - Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood
    10304 ??? Willie Buck ??? It???s Alright (LP)

Greens III (label)?

Pumpkin (label)?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Milestone
    100 - Aries ??? Girl You???re So Fine/Love You Like A Lover Should[/b] (70s boogie/modern)

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    2x post deleted by luck

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And a note about The Spencer Jackson Family on Little Lynn's here. It's the same as the Scarab version, and a "pts. 1 & 2" affair.

Cat# 133-LL-7711

Here's an excellent blues single that wasn't mentioned:

Gibbs 101 - Willie Batchler - Baby If You Do Right/Kids Stay In School - 1972

I've had this single for maybe a year now. I just found out - while looking through old seventies issues of Living Blues - that this was part of the VH&L circle of labels.

The L. Johnson, Jr. single on Big Beat is actually Luther "Guitar Jr." Johnson.

updated

Lynn?s Record Dist./Reginald?s Records
    REW Record Distribution, 2335 So. Cottage Grove, Chicago
    MT&H Record Distribution, 2335 So. Cottage Grove, Chicago

Reginald
    335 - Slim Willis Band ? I Sayed That/Wine Me Up Baby
    555/556 ? Little Eddie ? The Skrooch/Teddy Bear Blues
    1402 ? Virgil Griffin ? I?m On My Way/Love Will Never Die
    1403 - Virgil Griffin ? If You Can?t Go Don?t/A Forgotten Lover
    1487 - Chick Willis ? Mr Moon Man I?ve Come To Bring You Some/You Win Again
    1488 ? Soul Lee ? I Need You/I Lost Someone I Wish I Had
    8670 ? Eva-Larse ? Won?t Someone Help This Poor Lost Soul/The Man Does Something To Me
    9747 - Chick Willis - The Way You?re Stoopin? Down/My Bowlegged Woman
    38701 ? Heavenly Kings Singers ? Going Back With Jesus/If You Wake Up In The Morning

Odex
    1043 ? Vikki Styles ? Tears Won?t Stop Falling/If I Didn?t Love You

Leno
    1532 ? Vikki Styles ? Mark My Words Love Will Never Die/Without Your Love I Can?t Make It

Big Beat
    1017 ? The Kidds ? Straighten Up & Fly Right/See What My Love Means (garage)
    1267 - Little Eddie ? There'll Be A Day When You'll Be Glad To Have Me Around/Wonder What Makes My Way So Hard
    1268 ? Chick Willis ? So Hurt
    1269 ? The Cherries ? Don?t Know Much About Love/Why Don?t You Love Me & Treat Me Right Because I Been Loving You For A Long Long Time
    1273 ? Vicki Williams/Henvick & His Gang ? Your Love Makes Me Stay When I Know I Should Go/Do The Breakdown
    1276 - Little Eddie ? Listen Baby Please Be Good To Me/I Don?t Want Nobody Digging In My Potato Field (Atlanta, Georgia address)
    1287 ? Vicki Williams ? The Best Of Luck To You/You?re In The Army But I Wish You Were Here
    1297 ? Larry Foster ? Funky Belly
    1299 ? Vicki Williams ? Do I Make Myself Clear/Best Of Luck To You
    1376 ? L Johnson Jr ? You Gotta Have Soul/I Been Down So Long
    9747 ? Chick Willis ? I Can Deal With That/My Bowlegged Woman (Chicago Dist. Address)

Little Lynn?s
    7711 ? Spencer Jackson Family ? Bring Back Peace To The World (also issued on Scarab)

Milestone
    100 - Aries ? Girl You?re So Fine/Love You Like A Lover Should (70s boogie/modern)

Terrell
    6178 - Johnny Little John - Cant Be Still/What In The World (You Gonna Do)
    ? ? Pops Porter - Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood

Markeda
    3747 ? Triplett Twins ? Roote Tooter/Tell It To My Face
    9747 ? Chick Willis ? I Can Deal With That/My Bowlegged Woman (Chicago Dist. Address)

Della
    1214 ? Sparks ? Don?t Forget The Girl Back Home/?
    1215 - The Cherries & The Rhythm Kings ? Make My Life Worth Living/You Know You Gonna Need Me

Morgan Park
    7711 ? Vicki Williams ? Help Me Make Up My Mind (Best Of Luck To You)/Do I Make Myself Clear

Bar-Bare
    1264 ? Leroy King ? My Darling/Tennessee Waltz
    1265 ? The Sheltons ? Find It/I Who Have Nothing
    1266 ? OD Williams ? Funky Belly/I?m Moving Out Of Your Life
    1299 ? Pops Porter - Hey Baby Put Your Big Legs Upside The Wall Let Me See If You Have Bad Blood
    10304 ? Willie Buck ? It?s Alright (LP)

Barclay & The III
    9747 ? Chick Willis ? The Way You?re Stoopin? Down/My Bowlegged Woman

MTVH
    3737 ? Bobby Williams ? Funky Superfly
    ? ? Lady Margo - ?/?

MTH
    83947 ? Lady Margo ? This Is My Prayer/?

REW
    ? ? Harmonica Williams - ?/?
    ? ? Bobby Williams ? Funky Superfly
    ? ? Bobby Williams - ?/?
    ? ? Chuck Armstrong - ?/?

Hines
    1712 ? Ervin Little ? Love Came To Me/Teach Me How To Boogaloo

Margaret
    996 ? Johnny Little John ? Kitty O/Johnny?s Jive

Gibbs
    101 ? Willie Batchler ? Baby If You Do Right/Kids Stay In School

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Add:

Reginald[/b]
    8671 Carolyn Faye ?Oh Baby I?m Yours/ That?s All I Need Baby?

REW[/b]
    no # Newton Greer ?Hi Way 82/ Born In Mississippi? 1974
    3737 Bobby Williams ?Funky Superfly/ Pt. 2? 1974 (also on MTVH 3737)
    3738 Bobby Williams ?Soul Party/ Pt. 2? 1974
    33079 Chuck Armstrong ?Poor Make Believer/ I?m A Lonely Man?

Lynn's[/b]
    711 Vicki Styles ?I Need Your Love/ Cut Me Loose?

Barclay and the III[/b]
    BR-6405 Tyrone Harris ?Nothing Seems To Go Right/ Ain?t That Fun?

M.T.H. / M.T.V.H. / MVTH[/b]
    3737 Bobby Williams ?Funky Superfly/ Pt. 2? 1974
    3832 Chocolate Syrup ?Everybody Party/ Who You Tryin To Fool Girl?
    33947 Lady Margo ?This Is My Prayer (To Find Someone Of My Own)/ I?ve Got Just The Thing?
    007 Lady Margo ?I?ve Got Just The Thing/ Pt. 2?

Margaret[/b]
    994 Menard Rogers ?Just A Little Smile/ Coming Home Baby?
    995 Menard Rogers ?Ain?t Nothing But A Titty/ O? My Love?
    996 Johnny Little John ?Kitty O/ Johnny?s Jive?
    997 Johnny Little John & Menard Rogers ?Can?t Be Still/ Coming Home Baby?
    998 Menard Rogers ?Good Food I Am For You/ I Still Love You?

Big Beat[/b]
    BB-133-1297 Larry Foster ?Funky Belly/ Pt. 2?

Gibbs was a Milwaukee, WI label and there are many other releases on the label, none of which show any kind of relationship to the Lynn's distro consort. I certainly have more I can add to this growing list.

Thanks Dante, I'm interested to see that there is a 3rd Vikki Styles 45. What does the label look like? What does it sound like? Maybe the Gibbs 45 doesn't quite fit then?
    Keep any other additins you can coming, this list is getting epic & confusing. I like how a lot of these 45s turn up in batches, I just got a lead on another stash of them here in New Zealand. Hopefully I will get to check them out soon to either buy or at least add titles to the list.

• Fascinating read as more information comes in. I think Reggie Hines recorded a fair amount of material in New Orleans because unlikely as it seems there are two albums/Cds available of material from his labels.Even more unlikely they are on Smithsonian Folways label. The titles are:

Roots: The Rock and Roll Sound of Louisiana & Mississippi (with Al White and his Hi Lighters and more

Roots: Rhythm and Blues with Henry Hines and Al White RBF 20

Notes are by Henry Hines. Naomi Bradley was from Greenville but most of the others were from other points south. Eva Larse for example who appears in 'The Beat' was from Tennessee. The notes list several labels that Hines is associated with including: Bronze, Reginald, Bo-Bo and Fordom.

that is cool, i need to get those comps now, I've only really been curious about the 45s, but those comps would be interesting to hear. The James K-Nine 45 on Hot-Hit/Federal is also related to all this with the ballad side being a Henry Hines/Reginald track. This fits the New Orleans connection.

just read the liners for these comps on the folkways website, these dudes had a whole office & roster or labels/acts in New Orleans, mental, adds another whole dimension to trying to complete the discography!

updated here: http://waxidermy.com/vikki-styles-tears-wont-stop-falling/
    let me know if anyone has others to add

• Hooterville Trolley Silver Bird /The Warmth of Love 45 Lynette Records LA 551 Greenville,MS
    Garage psych from New Mexico