"Michael Jackson Wit It"

http://www.zshare.net/audio/619265285e3e75ac/

go about a minute in...

terrible

• footage of his rehearsals just leaked:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/02/jackson.wrap/index.html

is he lip-syncing?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Probably. I heard the concert was planned to be like 13-20 minutes of him lipsyncing his songs in montage, then lasers, movies and 40 minutes of dancing around. The "concert" plan was as bizarre as I'm rehashing it, but I know I don't have ALL the details exact.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    is he lip-syncing?
    is anyone suprised by this? i thought it was common knowledge that 'late era' michael lip-synched in concert.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    the primo mix wasn't that good IMO, good selection but pretty poor blends, i suspect that he threw it together live. I didn't hear J rocc's but i wanna hear it too.

Yeah I agree, the main thing that bugged me was too much shit talking... and the intro (mooney monologue) didnt make sense to me....

• scribescribe 16 Posts
    is he lip-syncing?
    is anyone suprised by this? i thought it was common knowledge that 'late era' michael lip-synched in concert.

This looks lip-synched to me too:

• frenziefrenzie 174 Posts

I Put a mix together through the week for my radio show here in Sydney. Hope you guys enjoy..

LISTEN / DOWNLOAD HERE[/b]

The Jacksons - Do What You Wanna (Epic)
    The Jackson 5 - Can You Remember (Tamala Motown)
    Jackson 5 - Ain't No Sunshine [SSY Remix] (Polydor)
    The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - Ben (Buddah)
    Miles Davis - Human Nature (Backstage)
    Youngblood Brass Band - Human Nature (Ozone)
    Michael Jackson - People Make The World Go Round (Tamala Motown)
    The Jackson 5 - We're Almost There [dj Spinna Remix] (Soul Source)
    The Jacksons - Keep On Dancing (Philadelphia International)
    The Jacksons - This Place Hotel (Epic)
    The Jackson 5 - Chained (Tamala Motown)
    Graham Parker - I Want You Back (Arista)
    Jackson 5 - I want You Back [Z Trip remix] (Motown)
    Jackson 5 - Good Thing Goin' [DJ Bobo James Remix] (Soul Source)
    Michael Jackson - Doggin' Around (Motown)
    Michael Jackson - I Wanna Be Where You Are (Tamala Motown)
    Michael Jackson - Make Tonight All Mine (Motown)
    Jackson 5 - It's Great To Be Here (Motown)
    The Jackson 5 - Nobody (Tamala Motown)
    Michael & Janet Jackson - Scream [Ed Smith Remix] (Velvet)
    Michael Jackson - Can't Let Her Get Away (Epic)
    Michael Jackson - Remember The Time (Epic)
    Michael Jackson - Why You Wanna Trip On Me (Epic)
    Michael Jackson - Superfly Sister (Epic)
    Michael Jackson & Stevie Wonder - Just Good Friends (Epic)
    Speak Low - Thriller (Marulasoulfood)
    Michael Jackson - Off The Wall (Epic)
    The Jacksons - Style Of Life (Philadelphia International)
    Michael Jackson - Cheater [Demo] (Epic)
    The Jacksons - Lovely One (Epic)
    The Jacksons - Shake Your Body [12inch version] (Epic)
    The Jacksons - Music's Takin' Over (Epic)
    The Jacksons - Jump For Joy (Epic)
    Michael Jackson - Get On The Floor (Epic)
    Jackson 5 - The Life Of The Party (Motown)
    Michael Jackson - Never Can Say Goodbye (Motown)

• Michael Jackson???s official memorial service has been scheduled for Tuesday July 7th at Staples Center in LA. But this isn???t a freebie!
    Family, friends, and VIPs at the memorial will sit on the main floor, while the general public will sit in the stands during Michael Jackson funeral. So it???ll be exactly like a Laker game! Celebrities on the floor, regular people up top! The memorial service will feature music, guest speakers, and video screens inside and out of Staples Center. Elizabeth Taylor and Diana Ross are expected to attend.
    Vendors will sell Michael???s ???This Is It??? tour T-shirts outside of the venue as well. The service will be held between 10AM and Noon July 7th.

• $25 a head to get into the memorial service. Infuckingsane.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'll be highly surprised if that entry fee stays. There will be so much ill-will generated by it, I think the planners will be forced to retract. either that or someone big wig is going to cover the cost for all the "masses".

The folks managing MJ's estate are some f*cking vultures, for real. Even James Brown - who left his estate in a gargatuan mess - at least went out with more dignity with the Apollo viewing.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I'll be highly surprised if that entry fee stays. There will be so much ill-will generated by it, I think the planners will be forced to retract. either that or someone big wig is going to cover the cost for all the "masses".

The folks managing MJ's estate are some f*cking vultures, for real. Even James Brown - who left his estate in a gargatuan mess - at least went out with more dignity with the Apollo viewing.

I'll be highly surprised if tickets aren't being scalped for ten times that amount.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    $25 a head to get into the memorial service. Infuckingsane.

Apparently 11,000 fans will now get free tickets. Still NAGL....

Honestly the best thing for die hard fans IMO would be to throw a party/tribute/memorial, take donations from guests and give that to a childrens charity. Then your repping the mans legacy.

on a side note another NAGL (and pretty low act)... Aussie MJ impersonator (a weak one at that) bragging about how much he's gonna make now that MJ is dead.... Im sure theres similar fools around the globe.

web page

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Honestly the best thing for die hard fans IMO would be to throw a party/tribute/memorial, take donations from guests and give that to a childrens charity. Then your repping the mans legacy.

on a side note another NAGL (and pretty low act)... Aussie MJ impersonator (a weak one at that) bragging about how much he's gonna make now that MJ is dead.... Im sure theres similar fools around the globe.

web page

That guy scares me.

kinda reminds me of that old episode of the Simpsons...

Eh, I don't have a problem with a public ceremony. I just wish they weren't so f*cking tone-deaf about it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    A Jackson reggae covers mix - http://www.boomshots.com/?p=2279#more-2279

(not mine, just thought some of you may like it)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks for this

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Even the Royal Guard does a tribute.

• Ha..nice!

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    engineers who worked on some of his sessions chatting bout him.. very positive. bit about biggie meeting him is great

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/401331-robmix-tell-us-about-mj-2.html

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Does anyone else barf a little in their mouth when they see these people on the TV cheering and having a grand old time picking up their tickets to this sideshow of a funeral/concert?

I'm not hating on people who want to be down there. But seeing these people cheering and all happy is a little sad IMO.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    rest in peace michael!

• PBsoulsPBsouls 8 Posts
    How many people on here feel that Freddie Hubbard was as much a loss to music as Micheal Jackson?
    How many people here also think Freddie Hubbard should have had at least one tv retrospective of his music after his death at the very least on PBS ?
    Or is that just me?
    No disrespect to Micheal Jackson and RIP and All that but
    After thriller I can not co sign any of those records

How many people on here feel that Freddie Hubbard was as much a loss to music as Micheal Jackson?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    How many people here also think Freddie Hubbard should have had at least one tv retrospective of his music after his death at the very least on PBS ?
    Or is that just me?
    No disrespect to Micheal Jackson and RIP and All that but
    After thriller I can not co sign any of those records

your comparing freddie hubbard to michael jackson ?
    freddie was great ..if jazz it is, try miles instead...that'd be a better start.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How 'bout Grover Washington ?

• PBsoulsPBsouls 8 Posts
    Ok I am just saying Freddie because he died all but a few months ago and there was one little nano second on the news for him.I know that they are not the same thing I know that well.However I am just saying in the interest of Micheal Jackson uniting us all under the umbrella of music losing a great voice why not expand this to a wonderful voice in music that died not too many months before him.As I said no disrespect to MJ but me personally I was more influenced by Freddie's records.

That's great but I don't get why you're trying to make this point in an MJ appreciation thread?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Ok I am just saying Freddie because he died all but a few months ago and there was one little nano second on the news for him.I know that they are not the same thing I know that well.However I am just saying in the interest of Micheal Jackson uniting us all under the umbrella of music losing a great voice why not expand this to a wonderful voice in music that died not too many months before him.As I said no disrespect to MJ but me personally I was more influenced by Freddie's records.

i think this is stupid, sorry.

99% of the great musicians who have died (a huge number) received "one little nano second" of news coverage, and more than half of them probably didn't even get that!! the fact that Freddie Hubbard had a prominent obituary is more than many of the great lost artists received. Freddie Hubbard was good of course, but not on some level all by himself, at least IMHO (his personal influence on you notwithstanding)

What you're talking about is PRECISELY what is so magnificent about MJ. there IS no one else that gets the attention Michael has gotten. He's at the top of the mountain. He's f*ckin Zeus. Jesus. He died for your pop culture sins, crucified in our culture for his inability to act according to the rules laid out for his "dangerous" "abnormal" behavior, exuding nothing but love throughout the entire Passion of Michael Jackson.*

We could sit here all day and talk about the many saints of music that have died and not received their share of recognition, but the point is that Michael transcends all of them. His is a force greater than all others.

* If this is offensive to anyone, I apologize.