What Are You Listening to Right Now?

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

this album makes me super anxious

I've been trying to get into this album several times. I thought Peter Green fuzzfest noodle jams would be my shit, but the LP just doesn't come together IMO. Got rid of it.

Peter Green's work with Fleetwood Mac was tight and concise. The last thing I'd want to hear him do is an album of extended guitar jams. There's only like five songs on this album, right? Five LONG songs, right? Unless I see a copy in a dumpster, that is good enuff reason to stay away from this LP...

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I've been trying to get into this album several times. I thought Peter Green fuzzfest noodle jams would be my shit, but the LP just doesn't come together IMO. Got rid of it.

Peter Green's work with Fleetwood Mac was tight and concise. The last thing I'd want to hear him do is an album of extended guitar jams. There's only like five songs on this album, right? Five LONG songs, right? Unless I see a copy in a dumpster, that is good enuff reason to stay away from this LP...

So are you not a fan of the live at the Boston Tea Party sets? There are some long players on there.

So are you not a fan of the live at the Boston Tea Party sets? There are some long players on there.

haven't heard the BTP sets, so I cant really comment

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

haven't heard the BTP sets, so I cant really comment

Oh man you need to hear them. I will try and upload them tonight. Unless someone else has them handy.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

is this release a nordic-black metal-getting-rid-of-the-guitars-because-they-are-an-african instrument-and-we-are-going-to-now-use-keyboards-exclusively-because-they-fit-in-more-in-a-purely-european-context or is it good black metal?

• Dare iz a darkside

B/w

Manu delago-handmade

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

nordic-black metal-getting-rid-of-the-guitars-because-they-are-an-african instrument-and-we-are-going-to-now-use-keyboards-exclusively-because-they-fit-in-more-in-a-purely-european-context?

It's not Burzum, if thats what you're asking. Guitars are forbidden in Norwegian prisons

It's Ulver's first from 94 called "Bergtatt", and it contains no keyboards save a grand piano. It is absolutely marvellous, and I highly recommend it. Its one of the most atmospheric black-metal albums I've heard.

- J

• minimini 879 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I am listening to side B of Kurtis Blow's Tough. Side B opens up with "Daydreamin'" which is only tough because Kurtis Blow is not wearing a shirt on the cover of the LP. Otherwise, its keebler soft batch, which I love even if it gives me the diabetes.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I am listening to side B of Kurtis Blow's Tough. Side B opens up with "Daydreamin'" which is only tough because Kurtis Blow is not wearing a shirt on the cover of the LP. Otherwise, its keebler soft batch, which I love even if it gives me the diabetes.

"The" diabetes!

• I was halfway through this MP3 of this awesome BBC documentary on digging. While I ate lunch at my desk, I made it through to the end of Coldcut talking about their Paid in Full remix.

Not sure who's heard this or not, but very, very interesting!

http://www.steinski.com/blog/a_new_bbc_documentary_on_record_collectors_long/

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

New Barbara Lynn singles comp...all Jamie stuff. Owner of Jamie came into the shop and hit us off with some of his new Jamie/Guyden singles comps...gonna listen to the Soul Bros Six one next..not familar with their stuff post-Atlantic.

New Barbara Lynn singles comp...all Jamie stuff. Owner of Jamie came into the shop and hit us off with some of his new Jamie/Guyden singles comps...gonna listen to the Soul Bros Six one next..not familar with their stuff post-Atlantic.

That Soul Brothers Six comp on J/G has been out for a few years now, if it's the same one I'm thinking of. Not bad, as I recall...more of a funk influence.

• Aw yeah...Again and again... Perfect soundtrack to Lakers loss.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Sun Ra "Sleeping Beauty" sleeping is what I should be doing though; but I had to watch that Nuggets v Lakers game.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    High school rock band playing their Muse medley over & over next door. The first few times it was kinda cool, an hour + later not so much. I'm about to pull the plug & kick them out.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Davila 666. And it's ruling my world.

Hank Williams

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    My kid singing "heppy birfdey tu yuuuuu" to a toy crocodile.

• the bbc documentary with steinski on it is dope...some of keb darge's stories must be amazing.

"Gimme Gimme Good Lovin'" by Crazy Elephant

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    "Celebrate The Bullet" by The Selecter. One of those albums that I know is mediocre yet I have a deep affection for for some reason.