What Are You Listening to Right Now?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Hey,Me, I'm listening to:-"Can't Strain My Brain"-Sly & the Family Stone (off "Small Talk").Wifey is really groovin' off this one, since she wasn't familiar with it. By the way, is it me, or is the "Small Talk" LP slept on? Anyway, what are y'all listening to this Sunday afternoon?Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    The Meditation:TNT BAND

and

Quinn Harris and the Masterminds Feat.Lady Bianca-Stop Telling My Lies

• Clutchy Hopkins...and I like it a lot

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    The last of the Isley's late 60's/early 70's LP that I found. They had a nice run there for a few years.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The last of the Isley's late 60's/early 70's LP that I found. They had a nice run there for a few years.

+

Found this today:

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    "She's All I Got" by Johnny Paycheck.

One of Swamp Dogg's finest moments as a songwriter (cowritten with Gary "U.S." Bonds).

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Their run was more than a few.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Just picked this up on Friday, and am enjoyin it alot:

had a rough week w/ clients breathin' down my neck, this set was just the right pace...chill.

Be warned though...the pressing's whack, though it sounds good.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Don Cherry -- Complete Communion

• i just checked this, mos def rappin over banda black rio's version of casa forte

• chasechase 767 Posts
    --listening to my stratocaster sing...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    hi-c skanless

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    "time stitch" by spontaneous combusition

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• henriquehenrique 10 Posts
    Nervous Track by Nuyorican Soul

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Simon Finn "Jerusalem"

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    stevie wonder-signed sealed delivered lp, right now "i can't let my heaven walk away" is playing.

was just playing the "this is my country" lp by the impressions

next up to bat is "songs in the key of life"

peace,xavier

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My iPod was playing Lee Moses - Daytripper before I got off the bus this morning!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    That Don Gio- On the one mix up was getting played on the weekend...great soundtrack for mowing the lawn... I was cutting up them hedges with some swagger!

Also on the 1200s the past few days, its been Lonnie Smith (Think), Camaron (Soy Gitano) and Pookah (s/t) plus a gang of 45s I scored in the mail recently....

• Aaron Neville - Tell it like it is lp

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

this album makes me super anxious

bumpin this at the moment

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Photobucket

"I wear my clothes thin, super-tight ... give the ladies a look at what they like"

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Hey,

Me, I'm listening to:

-"Can't Strain My Brain"-Sly & the Family Stone (off "Small Talk").

Wifey is really groovin' off this one, since she wasn't familiar with it. By the way, is it me, or is the "Small Talk" LP slept on?

MASSIVELY slept on. A lot of folks thought he was coasting at the time, so this LP doesn't get the respect it should, but here it is 35 years later and it doesn't sound bad at all.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

this album makes me super anxious

I've been trying to get into this album several times. I thought Peter Green fuzzfest noodle jams would be my shit, but the LP just doesn't come together IMO. Got rid of it.

Right now, I'm finally listening to

after having in the listen pile for a couple of years. , I know.

The only Peddlers LP I've been able to stomach thus far. All original compositions for once, and enough mad drama stabz to make up for Roy Phillips' terrible vocals. Though I will say it's still more sample fodder than an enjoyable end-to-end listen.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    My wife hipped me to these cats awhile back and picked this one up today and I'm into it!!!

The Pinkertones:The Million Colour Revolution