To Secede or Not to Succeed.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Yes, my nuts growing will relegitimize the dollar in one fell swoop.

Again, some of y'all are the worst of the worst when it comes to being portly, pasty Americans who can't think beyond the spoon that feeds you.

Thanks for the fun, Harvey!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Blax Headroom.

Funny the first time.
    Second, not so much.

Is False Rasta better?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Blax Headroom.

Funny the first time.
    Second, not so much.

Its funny cuz he's black lol.

PRO-TEXAS-SECESSION (AKA "TEXESSION") IN '09

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i just don't understand, from someone who seems to value individuality and libertarian type ideals (maybe im wrong?), harv, you sure have a lot of state love. shouldn't you be accusing this whole secession thing of being a plan to separate the american people before mass brainwashing and thus turning us on ourselves, for the profit of the masons/rich elite?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Yes, my nuts growing will relegitimize the dollar in one fell swoop.

Again, some of y'all are the worst of the worst when it comes to being portly, pasty Americans who can't think beyond the spoon that feeds you.

Who you callin' pasty?

Texas provides: financial services, oil (including refining foreign oil) and gas, beef, education (UT is an elite school).

Texas takes: water (a ton of it) and patience.

I say let 'em stay--I don't judge states based on small groups of douchebags.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    what percentage of a populous has to be 'douchebag' before you judge that populous as a whole?

hell, america wouldn't hold up well to this logic i suppose......

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm no expert, but growing up my father was obsessed with civil war history. especially confederate history. My grandmother that raised me (In DC) was a debutant from Augusta, GA. She was secretary to a certain Florida Senator.

I lived in Richmond Virginia, the capital of the confederacy, for 7 years. Richmonders were entrenched while the Union tried to invade for 3 years. Every man, woman, and child was bunkered down with guns, starving and ready to fight to the death. The union never got passed Petersburg.

Meanwhile all the rich pussies down in Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi fled to...guess where??texas

there's your pride dude.

So you identify with the most brutal slaveowners rather than the chickenshit ones?

That's weird, I don't identify with either.
    if you think its that black and white then youre just as ignorant as anyone you try to stonewall. remember... i've met you in real life. in texas no less.

i'm not gonna get into it with you. i have things to do that trump arguing on soulstrut.

i just don't understand, from someone who seems to value individuality and libertarian type ideals (maybe im wrong?), harv, you sure have a lot of state love. shouldn't you be accusing this whole secession thing of being a plan to separate the american people before mass brainwashing and thus turning us on ourselves, for the profit of the masons/rich elite?

Really, I'd just like to shake things up and live in a place that doesn't have to cower to "foreign" ideals.

Keep It Local. We can gladly fend for ourselves down here.

Y'all don't need us? Good, then it should work out.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This thread is incredible.

I'm no expert, but growing up my father was obsessed with civil war history. especially confederate history. My grandmother that raised me (In DC) was a debutant from Augusta, GA. She was secretary to a certain Florida Senator.

I lived in Richmond Virginia, the capital of the confederacy, for 7 years. Richmonders were entrenched while the Union tried to invade for 3 years. Every man, woman, and child was bunkered down with guns, starving and ready to fight to the death. The union never got passed Petersburg.

Meanwhile all the rich pussies down in Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi fled to...guess where??texas

there's your pride dude.

So you identify with the most brutal slaveowners rather than the chickenshit ones?

That's weird, I don't identify with either.
    if you think its that black and white then youre just as ignorant as anyone you try to stonewall. remember... i've met you in real life. in texas no less.

i'm not gonna get into it with you. i have things to do that trump arguing on soulstrut.

I don't want to argue but I come into threads as a pseudo tough guy saying F*ck you and such.

Whatever dude...yeah, I met you. You gave me a mix cd that I really like. What does that have to do with anything.

Texas is still part of the South. You don't have to dredge up history from 150 years agao to decide whether that's true or not.

Then again, Texas is big enough that while Houston is about as South as it gets, Amarillo is more Midwest and El Paso is more Southwest.

But yeah, you had me at F*ck you.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Texans are my second favorite people in the world.

My first favorite is everybody else*

(I didn't make that up, but I wish I had. Its a funny joke. Try it sometime!)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    read again dude. it said "F*ck TEXAS" i don't really have any opinion about you.

i have plenty of texan friends i respect greatly, but your state's politcal and right-to-work financial systems on the other hand...

brought us:
    Tom Delay
    George W. Bush
    Lyndon Johnson
    Ken Laye

i rest my case

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Blax Headroom.

Funny the first time.
    Second, not so much.

Is False Rasta better?

Never liked it.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    west texas is going to be annexed to new mexico

that's not really fair. NOBODY wants west Texas.....!

ESPECIALLY New Mexico....New Mexicans HATE Texans, about as much as Oklahomans

• Texass!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i didnt read this thread, i just wanted to know if texas is canada's quebec?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

i have plenty of texan friends

Some of my best friends are Texans.

Uh Huh.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    i didnt read this thread, i just wanted to know if texas is canada's quebec?

I don't think that this sentence means what you want it to.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fun Fact #2 - You could take the worlds population and put it in Texas and the pop density would be like NYC...

I say let them succeed. Just make them pay their part of the national debt first. BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY.

I lived in Texas for awhile. It was kinda boring. All they did was talk about how great they were. Even on pizza boxes they would state "Texas is the best!". It would constantly remind me of dude's who got off talking about how great they are over & over.

Beautiful place tho.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yall Poasting in a troll thread.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I ride for Texas. San Francisco is great and all, but the people in Houston are some of the best I know, and its the place I call home.

California and Texas are like two different countries, and although I lean left politically, I have to say California is no utopia. California taxes the shit out of you and is bankrupt. Texas has no income tax and stays mostly out of your business. Can't speak on other places that I haven't lived, but if you haven't lived in Texas don't be so quick to judge it.

Succession seems silly, though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    HarveyCanal is from Lafayette, CA

AND A RAVING FUCKING LUNATIC.

• I support secession. Idea seems cool to me

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Dude, that's like every other Soulstrut thread!

WE LIVE FOR TROLLS.

WE LIVE FOR TROLLS.

For some reason when I was in 3rd or 4th grade we called these damn-dolls.
    Boys collected them as much as girls.
    Kind of a beanie baby thing.

A raving f*cking lunatic who has had the most interesting, amazing life ever.

Sorry, but today...this whole weekend really...was just one great time after another. "Rough patch" my ass.

F*ck Texas = F*ck you to me, sorry about that too.

It's true though.

with one hand.

with the other.

Texas proud.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Those of you who like to hate on the Lone Star state are Mexican[/b]

It's funny how Texans get.

WE LIVE FOR TROLLS.

For some reason when I was in 3rd or 4th grade we called these damn-dolls.
    Boys collected them as much as girls.
    Kind of a beanie baby thing.