To Secede or Not to Succeed.

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Rick Perry is Aggie trash all the way, but he's onto something getting people talking about a Texas secession. The nation is collapsing anyway...not sure why anyone gives a rat's ass whether Texans get pro-active about the impending fall-out. Plus, this horrible woman that I work with who isn't from here said she would move away if Texas tried to secede...so that's just extra incentive.ROUND EM UP, MOVE EM OUT!

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Rick Perry is Aggie trash all the way, but he's onto something getting people talking about a Texas secession.

The nation is collapsing anyway...not sure why anyone gives a rat's ass whether Texans get pro-active about the impending fall-out.

Plus, this horrible woman that I work with who isn't from here[/b] said she would move away if Texas tried to secede...so that's just extra incentive.

ROUND EM UP, MOVE EM OUT!

I could be wrong, because I tend to tune you out, but aren't you originally from somewhere else, aka 'not originally from Texas' aka not actually Texan?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Washingtonian in favor of Texas seceding over here!

We could split up NorCal/SoCal (or E.Washington/W.Washington--I'm sure there are similar battles all over) to preserve the 50 states...so we don't have to mess with crossing out Texas's star on all the flags...that's probably expensive.

The New Country of Texas would be a mecca for the gun nuts from all over...Austin could get Berlin Airlift-style drops of fixed gear bikes and coffee...I'm all for it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Rick Perry is Aggie trash all the way, but he's onto something getting people talking about a Texas secession.

The nation is collapsing anyway...not sure why anyone gives a rat's ass whether Texans get pro-active about the impending fall-out.

Plus, this horrible woman that I work with who isn't from here[/b] said she would move away if Texas tried to secede...so that's just extra incentive.

I could be wrong, because I tend to tune you out, but aren't you originally from somewhere else, aka 'not originally from Texas' aka not actually Texan?

BORING!!!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    You have the backing of the State of Colorado.
    Texans have been openly embraced here in this state since the '80s Oil Boom and we support your move to become the forward outpost for the Mexican Drug Cartels that would inevitably take over the State after you secede.
    Also, we will gladly take that pesky SXSW off your hands, seeing as how when you secede, musicians will probably have to pay some sort of crazy visa fee to perform if its still in Texas.
    Remember the Alamo? Now get in the basement.
    We will miss Willie Nelson and the Bush Dynasty...but its probably just best to go ahead an secede.

Don't think the idea is to secede just so we could let a bunch of kooks immigrate in.

Already got enough of those to kick out.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Texans have been openly embraced here in this state since the '80s Oil Boom and we support your move to become the forward outpost for the Mexican Drug Cartels that would inevitably take over the State after you secede.
    Also, we will gladly take that pesky SXSW off your hands, seeing as how when you secede, musicians will probably have to pay some sort of crazy visa fee to perform if its still in Texas.
    We will miss Willie Nelson and the Bush Dynasty...but its probably just best to go ahead an secede.

Did you say Colorado or Coloraaado?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Did you say Colorado or Coloraaado?

Dont let the Bill Of Rights hit you in the ass on your way out......

• i hope Perry has budgeted for enough border security to keep all of those pesky americans out.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

BORING!!!

You got that right. Someone wake me when Harvey gets back to drunk posting about smashing in fat people's faces. This stuff is a snore.

BORING!!!

You got that right. Someone wake me when Harvey gets back to drunk posting about smashing in fat people's faces. This stuff is a snore.

Right, that's why you posted in here...twice.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    don't listen to this tourist

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Its refreshing that Harvey and I totally agree on something.

Actually its frightening.

• The secession idea was born from NWO fascists who want to control your flouride.

west texas is going to be annexed to new mexico

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Dont let the Bill Of Rights hit you in the ass on your way out......

BYE!

don't forget to write!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    west texas is going to be annexed to new mexico

that's not really fair. NOBODY wants west Texas.....!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    F*ck texas

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A survey done yesterday showed that less than 25% of Texans support this idea in any way.

Perry is a tool, but the point he was trying to make was that we have too much federal control on what should be state level issues.

As someone who has lived in NYC and L.A. I have to stand tall as someone who is happy to be a resident of Texas.

Those of you who like to hate on the Lone Star state are either ignorant, jealous or biased.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that was me signed in under jonnys name... yes. i said F*ck TEXAS

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Harvey, do you think the Masons and
    Cavemenfromthecenteroftheearth, who control everything, will allow Texas to succeed?

Is Rick Perry a Mason?

Those of you who like to hate on the Lone Star state are either ignorant, jealous or biased.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    this is a good idea, because as someone who lived there from 92 to 2004, I am probably right to think the state is mostly right wing jackoffs (at least from my experiences)...aside from the city of Austin and that street with all the gays in Houston...So hopefully the right wing jackoffs from other states would immigrate to Texas and yall can wall it off and make a little fortress of jackassishness. Unfortunately there are still folks living in Texas that I love, so some sort of swapping of good folks for right wing jackoffs might have to take place.

But perhaps this could work.

You know of course however, Spanish will be the offical language of the soveriegn land of Texas...if you think English would be, you are insane...but there are enough billboards in spanish that the boleos can start on their commerce based spanish lessons now.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ps. i'm not ignorant, and definitely not jealous. biased...definitely

white texans are terrified of being uncomfortable.

that was me signed in under jonnys name... yes. i said F*ck TEXAS
    Those of you who like to hate on the Lone Star state are either ignorant, jealous or biased or soft.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ps. i'm not ignorant, and definitely not jealous. biased...definitely

white texans are terrified of being uncomfortable.

I love to hear "I hate Texas because...." stories.

What's yours??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yeah dude...i'm soft.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, I fall under "Biased".

I told my sister that if Texas secceded that I would talk to immigration and try to get my family back in the US.

I don't think she thought it was funny.

The rest of my family likes living in Texas.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    you think you're hot shit but you're really cold doo doo

Only way I can think of the world is to split people between left and right wings and then based upon who holds the majority to stereotype the whole lot of them.

And if I say anything, it will sound as if grunted by caveman.