Ever feel like you don't(or don't want to) fit in?

124»

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Not that it's an obsessive priority for me or anything and I'm sure that in time it will come, but I feel like putting my fist through a wall when I meet so many DB's who seem to have no problems meeting women.

I know this feeling. I am glad I am not like this anymore. The key is to be perfectly fine with going home alone. Then the girls will come. Worked most of the times. I meet girls/women all of the time. But I do like to spread love though. I got alot.

I am glad I am not like y'all. But I like y'all.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I appreciate "balance".

BALANCE IS UNDERRATED. I RIDE FOR THE BALANCE!! THAT'S WHY MY JAPANESE IS FLAWLESS AND MY ENGLISH IS PRETTY GOOD TOO. I WILL STRAIGHT KARATE CHOP YO ASS THEN GIVE YOU THE TOP 10 REASONS WHY KB IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. THEN MAYBE GO TO PINKBERRY FOR DESERT.

It does irk me when people are so caught up in "the system" that they no longer question it, but pride themselves on their accomplishments in it, which I guess is fundamental to living within "it" (insert more philosophical bs). I mean nobody REALLY needs a Jaguar while texting on their Iphone nonchalantly.

Okay, time for my nap.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Also, djdaze can catch it: The other day I had on some boat shoes with some cuffed jeans, and I was killing shit.

hahaha effya, it's an inside joke.

my uncles and cousins are all watching golf or football or playing video games (which I also don't care for)

That's why I try to explain to non-enthusiasts about the game/player when I'm the only one excited about it. "So this is the #1 team and #2 team in the nation going at it today. This dude right here, he's Cambodian and is 6'7". They call him the Monsoon." (lady friend/party invitee/whoever is amused for a second, tolerates, THEN proceeds to ignore.) I think consideration and balance is key.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

It does irk me when people are so caught up in "the system" that they no longer question it, but pride themselves on their accomplishments in it, which I guess is fundamental to living within "it" (insert more philosophical bs). I mean nobody REALLY needs a Jaguar while texting on their Iphone nonchalantly.

Okay, time for my nap.

You sound poor.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Also, djdaze can catch it: The other day I had on some boat shoes with some cuffed jeans, and I was killing shit.

Just admit that you have, at one point in your life, put dimes in penny loafers.

I heard the boy puts dimes in Giuseppes 5411s...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Just admit that you have, at one point in your life, put dimes in penny loafers.

No he did not...

SELF-MOCKERY IS UNDERRATED TOO. Like too many people take themselves too damn seriously.

(I could hear the SS voices already..."Don't worry you son yourself on the daily". Naw, F*ck you! Okay, nap.)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

No he did not...

Think he didn't when he did?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm the most normal dude in the world, in california. whe I got to texas I'm "Strange". but in fact, it is texans that are strange, says I.

Anyways, batmon is right. 4-string banjo is not a common hobby, but it does not even compare to a cross dressing new guineaan nose flute player riding a unicycle.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    and also the only thing i don't fit in is......

YOUR MOM.

?

no?

it was worth a try.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I have a feeling that a lot of the people we think are fitting in, probably have similar feelings.

The reason I feel alienated at times: Do you have a few hours?

Mostly just the fact that my life has been filled with crazy shit. I feel like my story freaks out "normal" people. I have a baby face so people don't expect where I'm coming from.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Hahaha

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm bout to go in with the mascara and the gothwears!

I am talking about BLACKING OUT!

Where are my dark princesses? My worthy yeomen?

Lucretia my reflection!

I hear the roar of a big machine
    Two worlds and in between
    Hot metal and methedrine
    I hear empire down
    I hear empire down

Love lost, fire at will
    Dum-dum bullets and shoot to kill, I hear
    Dive, bombers, and
    Empire down
    Empire down

I hear the sons of the city and dispossessed
    Get down, get undressed
    Get pretty but you and me,
    We got the kingdom, we got the key
    We got the empire, now as then,
    We don't doubt, we don't take direction,
    Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me

We look hard
    We look through
    We look hard to see for real
    Such things I hear, they don't make sense
    I don't see much evidence
    I don't feel. I don't feel. I don't Feel

A long train held up by page on page
    A hard reign held up by rage
    Once a railroad
    Now it's done...

Hot metal and methedrine
    I hear empire down...

We don't doubt, we don't take reflection,
    Lucretia, my direction, dance the ghost with me...[/b]

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I'm bout to go in with the mascara and the gothwears!

I am talking about BLACKING OUT!

Where are my dark princesses? My worthy yeomen?

Lucretia my reflection!

Hot metal and methedrine
    I hear empire down
    I hear empire down

Love lost, fire at will
    Dum-dum bullets and shoot to kill, I hear
    Dive, bombers, and
    Empire down
    Empire down

I hear the sons of the city and dispossessed
    Get down, get undressed
    Get pretty but you and me,
    We got the kingdom, we got the key
    We don't doubt, we don't take direction,
    Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me

We look hard
    We look through
    We look hard to see for real
    Such things I hear, they don't make sense
    I don't see much evidence
    I don't feel. I don't feel. I don't Feel

A long train held up by page on page
    A hard reign held up by rage
    Once a railroad
    Now it's done...

Hot metal and methedrine
    I hear empire down...

We don't doubt, we don't take reflection,
    Lucretia, my direction, dance the ghost with me...[/b]

Ma' in the picture is foine!!! If I weren't married,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    How dare ye put Rockadelic on blast like that!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OH MY GOD WHAM BROKE UP!!!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    OH MY GOD WHAM BROKE UP!!!

Didn't know the drinks in Club Necromana were free too...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Dude in the middle is rocking a serious goth/pirate/wizard mash-up. The Z-Trip of the goth wardrobe game, I'd say.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    I like the "I'm gonna pose for this picture but act like I'm looking at something else and not really involved in the picture because not really trying to fit in with these two nerds holding drinks because I am way more dark/mysterioso" pose

• I like the "I'm gonna pose for this picture but act like I'm looking at something else and not really involved in the picture because not really trying to fit in with these two nerds holding drinks because I am way more dark/mysterioso" pose

What they don't tell you is Carrot Goth lost his eye in a fight with Nerd Hunters.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    These people don't make small talk.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    She has a sharpie squeezed between her buttcheeks.

She's writing her name on the wall with the sharpie that is squeezed between her cheeks.

Its hard to tell from the picture.

Its a goth thing.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    no black nail polish on naan of em.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Ever feel uncomfortable in a club, like you just don't fit in?

nsfw

i think she totally feels your alienation to an even greater extent, nameeeen? like get me the F*ck out of romania, stat!!!

NAGL!!!!!

hang in there

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ive alaways been a very cheerful and happy person but very lonely inside

I was always a good listener and made many friends growing up travelling and organizing my NGO but it was always a bit of an act

but recently I have found the love of my life and a great home/job/school situation
    so i stay busy and really dont go out at all

ive narrwowed down my truest friends to 10 people and avoid the others

i mean ive litteraly gone to events/reunions/going away parties and said hi to everyone then snuck out the backdoor on some going to the bathroom tip

i dont feel the need to fake enjoying boring situations so in that sens i am not fitting in

thanks for shraing herm

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    (btw, this isn't directed at anyone at all, I'm just shooting some jibba jabba). I hate smalltalk.

I can sympathise with the point of smalltalk though.. smalltalk is the device people use to communicate and test their commonalities with each other. A stupid long and drawn out process of saying 'we are just like each other for these reasons'.. it builds comfort.

Its kinda like dipping your toes in the pool for half an hour to see if you can get used to the water.

But GOD.. to have to go through that borrrrring ass process every time I go out.. sheesh, I wouldn't bother going out and I DEFINITELY wouldn't ever make an effort to 'fit in' as it were. No wonder some people resent it and don't want to fit into it... its f*cking boring.

Smalltalk is a device to overcome the awkward feeling of social unease.

The only time things start getting good are after that phase, when after 2 hours people eventually feel comfortable enough in their own bodies and the surrounding club, bar, party, field, barnyard, supermarket to start talking about something interesting and a bit more improvised and off the wall.

Thats why I like to deliberately make a point of cutting straight through all that and jump to the juicy stuff right at the start.. cause let's face it, that's what people are actually there for.. they just feel a bit too 'jumping the gun' about doing it.

This will see if we are going to get along in like 2 seconds flat (as opposed to 2 hours):

If I'm chatting to someone who's about to get on a 'so... that rain we had the other day, man....' or something which is just complete fluff, I literally cut that whole conversational thread with something, ANYTHING, like 'Hey, did you know that pigs orgasm for like 30 minutes ? 30 MINS... how crazy is that sh.t ?'

This really 'breaks the ice' as people like to put it. oh, plus its FUN looking at peoples reaction. It also takes a little bit of balls to do, which makes it kinda exciting to do.

Now with this little 'test', I immediately find out 1 of three things.

Either:

1. They are so dull and boring that it weirds them out and they quickly go away (good - because then I'm not lumbered for 2 hours with some boring-ass smalltalk I wish would end, but don't want to hurt their feelings by telling them they are boring the ass off me).
    2. They are like 'Whhhhhaaaat ?? Hahahahahahahaha' and kinda feel awkward yet amused (These are the type of people who wish they could say something out of the blue like that - and they open up quickly for some interesting talk).
    3. They give a look of relief because you're not a boring ass dude and then they try and beat your comment with some even weirder shit. - My favourite type!

I basically testing to find out if they reach MY expectations of the kind of conversation I am looking for for the evening.

BTW. I used to think that to be socailly savvy you have to demonstrate that you fit in and you have things in common, but that couldn't be farther from the truth... it will only make you feel alienated and like the goalposts keep moving and you're trying to keep up. This is the reason anyone feels like they don't fit in. Its a very natural way to see things, but unfortunately it will not do anyone any favours.

Create your own goalposts. - what a weird f*cking analogy. Hey ho.

I can't remember which dude said this earlier in this thread, but it really is about making it fun for yourself. If you have that kinda thing going on, you will find things a lot more enjoyable.. not only that, people seem to notice it a mile off and you kinda invite conversation without trying. People just start talking to you and trying to get on your level (even if you're not like them).

Oh and when that dude said 'Life and soul of the party' - blatant defence mechanism. You got on well with his girl, so he felt he had to chump you in front of her to try and stop her from liking you (this happens soooo much in bars its rediculous).

Damn I waffle on!!

Peace.