Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    stankonia doesnt capture that time??? wtf planet were u living on

patchy album but come on

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    resurection = hungry boy mc
    lwfc = centered man mc

POINT SET MATCH.

Personally, I'd rather listen to "Resurrection" but "LWFC" is the better album (if you're the type to care about a rap ALBUM).

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    Fantastic vol.2 > Stankonia

Fantastic vol.2 > Stankonia

b/w

I respect Dilla as much as the next guy but give me a f*cking break.

"B.O.B." > the majority of Slum Village's catalog combined.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Stankonia is a another animal

Stankonia is a another animal

I'm saying - it's not my favorite Outkast album but c'mon. SV = Dilla's Group Home.

Yeah, I just took it there.

SV = Dilla's Group Home.

I actually cant stand SV.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    frank n dank vs. sv WHO U RIDING FOR

• So yeah, like what's up guys?

SV > F n'D all day.

But my point with Stankonia is I bumped FANTASTIC vol.2 about 100 times more than Stankonia. And OUTKAST is one of my favorite groups of all time. Lyrically they are kicking SLUM VILLAGES ass on that album but that's just one aspect. As a whole cohesive album I roll with FANTASTIC all damn day!!!

P.S. (although he was not with SLUM then) ELZHI is top 5 emcees dead or alive.

• "B.O.B." > the majority of Slum Village's catalog combined.

Y O U A R E F * C K I N G C R A Z Y .

frank n dank vs. sv WHO U RIDING FOR

Yikes, tough call. I might actually have to say SV in this case, but only b/c the beats were better.

Dude, personally, I never got the hype behind SV beyond them being a vehicle for some of Dilla's best beats in that era. I thought they were super nice guys - I interviewed them right before FV2 came out. But I never could gel with that album. Lyrically, it just wasn't that interesting to me.

Slum Village has patterns and rides beats like no other. Content they might slip but their rhythm undeniable.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

nah, this is true.

So wait...y'all got SV as game-changing-paradigm shift-new rap language MC's?

So wait...y'all got SV as game-changing-paradigm shift-new rap language MC's?

That's a mouthful. I don't think anybody said that. I think some of us were just saying FANTASTIC vol.2 is good freaking album and Stankonia was as well but did'nt do it for us like Fantastic did.

Slum Village rides beats like no other

care to backpeddle?

haha ...I still roll with that. Because I never said they were "game-changing-paradigm shift-new rap language MC's".
    I just think the way they ride beats is an art and yes game changing in a way. Because besides cats riding Dillas dick on beats. I noticed some Slum flow patterns being used by other cats for a minute.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

nah, this is true.

I'm a Dilla stan, but I don't do it blindly or because it's cool. But Oliver is smoking crack - regardless of the fact that B.O.B is one of the greatest hip-hop records of all time.

I hatt B.O.B.

Is it even Hip Hop?

This jumbo is good to the head.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Slum Village rides beats like no other

care to backpeddle?

I happen to agree with this dude about Slum Village's rhymes - maybe not on some "no other" but on some real shit. Plus I always loved the fact that you had a bunch of folks that were on straight granola kufi shit loving SV, who were pretty much rhyming about bitches, gold, strip clubs, trucks etc...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

nah, this is true.

I'm a Dilla stan, but I don't do it blindly or because it's cool. But Oliver is smoking crack - regardless of the fact that B.O.B is one of the greatest hip-hop records of all time.
    ok, alittle hyperbole.but those 2 records after jaydee left? BOB > those.

My comparison using "B.O.B." has as much to do with my general lack of enthusiasm for SV as it does my appreciation for Outkast. But perhaps a more apt comparison would be a long like "Ms Jackson" or "So Fresh, So Clean" which are these really well crafted songs in a way that few SV tunes compare to.

I wouldn't even necessarily put "B.O.B." on my top 10 list of favorite 'Kast songs to listen to but the sheer energy in that song just waxes most of what you could put up against it.

BTW: how the hell did we get here?

Back to Common please.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Back to Common please.

I saw him in the audience at Will Ferrell "You're Welcome America. A Final Night With George Bush" last night.

• those 2 records after jaydee left? BOB > those.

Agreed.

Back to Common please.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    CHANGE "DID" IN THE TITLE TO "WILL"
    common is chasing that hollywood money now, terminator salvation,etc. there is no "WILL".

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    object width="425" height="344">