Etta James wants to kick Beyonce's ass...

1235»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    "...It was Etta James who inspired me to work towards becoming a great for the ages. Well, enough about me, let me tell you about Sasha Fierce...."

• I wonder if shell ever get that Super BOX

she already GOT the SUPER BOX, didnt you see my last post?

Yeah, but you made it sound like there was more to her than the Chess years.

i know. i just thought id get the 1950's Etta out of the way before somebody else brings it up (thats been documented elsewhere, anyway).

basically 1950's etta is like 1960's stevie

both were great in those decades, but when etta moved into the sixties, and when stevie got to the seventies, the game got kicked up to a whole new level then.

etta's box centers on The Whole New Level, and its pretty thorough for that time frame.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    So who plays the lead in the Esther Phillips story?

Are there too many strings in Dinah Washington's music for there ever to be a movie?

She might have been the best of the lot, but no one will buy her records.

• Are there too many strings in Dinah Washington's music for there ever to be a movie?

No more than in Etta's "At Last" or "Trust In Me."

She might have been the best of the lot, but no one will buy her records.

I doubt it. Jazz folks have always been better about keeping things in print than rock or R&B. Even in death, Dinah is too much of an institution. No one will ever look at her in that "retro-flavor-of-the-month" kinda way.

• She's get thumbs down for that backpedaling bullshit. Have you heard the audio?? If you're gonna talk some shit, at least stick to it! Since when does Etta James have to play nice??

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

It's probably also a bitch for Etta James to realize that she has to work a year of road dates to make the same amount of money that Beyonce has lost between the cushions of her couch....

• It's probably also a bitch for Etta James to realize that she has to work a year of road dates to make the same amount of money that Beyonce has lost between the cushions of her couch....

No, no nooooo, I meant that big cushy thing she sits on.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

It's probably also a bitch for Etta James to realize that she has to work a year of road dates to make the same amount of money that Beyonce has lost between the cushions of her couch....

No, no nooooo, I meant that big cushy thing she sits on.

Aaaaand... double entendre #2.

• Jonny: Have I ever told you about my favorite Lalo Alcaraz comic? The caption is "why a Mexican should never call another Mexican a wetback." There's one pic with a cholo dude looking at a vaquero'd out Mexican and saying "wetback." Then there's a pic of a white dude looking at the cholo dude looking at the vaquero'd out dude saying "wetbacks."

Been looking for this for years!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    CONSCIOUS DAUGHTERS!!!!

LOL WUT.

Pam tha FunkStress ftw.

Now that woulda been a sight. Pam doing her titty scratch with Boots pissing on Washington's grave!

BTW... I was telling my girl about this thread last week when we attended her friends wedding...and yeah you guessed it...right on cue when she asks "whos etta james?" BANG...the dj drops At last.... the timing was perfect.....