Become a Fan of Soul Strut on Facebook

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    done deal dealt fin

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I 3 facebook

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Y'all are a bunch of pussies. I got like a dozen Strutters as Facebook friends. Edith's photos are awesome. I'm always interested to see what Hebrew-named function Rootless is attending next. Raj always pops up with a pithy comment. Cas is in my Mobwars mob.

And you? You're dead to me.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    If i get another invitation to join mob wars i might explode.

i dont know what it is, and i don't care.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My work casually blocked Facebook this week, didn't mention it but the site just doesn't come up anymore.

I am happy to be a part of the SoulStrut group, as it seems like most folks on the Strut are creative, upstanding folks, and it's also the safe meet-up spot in case of a fire, i.e. the site goes down.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    the strut is an army.

Better yet a navy.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    OMG I LUV BOSCOE Y'ALL BITCHES

• I made a decision to leave my Facebook to only people I know. No bands, no clubs, no listservs etc. On myspace I'll take pretty much anyone as a friend. Still have a friendster account somewhere which is only good for reminding me of friends' birthdays.

• FORGET I TRIED TO ADD YOU BATMON

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    will this blow up then go the way of the aborted soulstrut myspace attempt??

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Come on you gotta love facebook... between that and SS I only really do about an hours work a day!!!

FB is cool but you gotta have some sort of system or standards. I keep it simple and logical. If i worked with someone/went to school with someone/dated someone and I wouldn't hang with them in real life, then I dont add them....

• Well there you go- didn't realise the whole "group" vs "fan page" at 1st, so now done. but i guess i prob shouldn't add anyone- not quite sure who is 4 and who is against the real world s.s friends....BATMON!!haha!playin....
    p.s most of those pics are pretty hi-larious!

Perfect timing...just read about this.... I got a thick friends list...shit I can eat of it for a month!

"US Fast food chain Burger King is putting online friendships to the test with their latest marketing campaign.

The burger empire has created a Facebook application, "Whopper Sacrifice", which gives users a free hamburger coupon if they delete 10 people from their friends list.

"Now is the time to put your fair-weather web friendships to the test", says the Whopper Sacrifice website.

"Install Whopper Sacrifice on your Facebook profile, and we'll reward you with a free flame-broiled Whopper when you sacrifice ten of your friends".

According to Burger King, 221,831 Facebook friends have been cut so far.

News of friend sacrifices will appear in the activity feed, saying they were sacrificed for a free Whopper.

And for those harbouring visions of deleting their entire friend list for a week's worth of burgers beware - the promotion is limited to one coupon per customer.

The offer is currenly only available in the US with no immediate plans to run the Whopper Sacrifice campaign elsewhere."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I got a thick friends list...shit I can eat of it for a month!

And for those harbouring visions of deleting their entire friend list for a week's worth of burgers beware - the promotion is limited to one coupon per customer.

Read up on your post ups.

Lighten up champ...its was a joke.....

Plus there is nothing stopping someone from creating multiple FB accounts adding the same friends and then doing it that way!

• Perfect timing...just read about this.... I got a thick friends list...shit I can eat of it for a month!

"US Fast food chain Burger King is putting online friendships to the test with their latest marketing campaign.

The burger empire has created a Facebook application, "Whopper Sacrifice", which gives users a free hamburger coupon if they delete 10 people from their friends list.

"Now is the time to put your fair-weather web friendships to the test", says the Whopper Sacrifice website.

"Install Whopper Sacrifice on your Facebook profile, and we'll reward you with a free flame-broiled Whopper when you sacrifice ten of your friends".

According to Burger King, 221,831 Facebook friends have been cut so far.

News of friend sacrifices will appear in the activity feed, saying they were sacrificed for a free Whopper.

The offer is currenly only available in the US with no immediate plans to run the Whopper Sacrifice campaign elsewhere."

so delete a bunch of friends, get the whopper, and then add them again?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I don't care what my mom thinks!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I don't care what my mom thinks!

My 16 year old sister showed my whole family my facebook profile and now everyone thinks I'm a drunken womanizer.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    facebook is crack. wordscraper and scramble are the best games and mobile upload rules. my only issue is that if you don't use the iphoto exporter for facebook, it's a pain in the ass to create photo albums

I restarted a myspace account a few months ago, but it takes forever to load and then i have to scroll for days to find the stop button on some auto-play music or video.

Lighten up champ

Yeah, because I was taking it so seriously, "chief" ... ?

Hey man, knock yourself out. If you have even 1 free Whopper it
    will be more Whoppers than I have ate in the past 20 years.

. wordscraper and scramble are the best games

Says the woman who won't play me in Wordscraper anymore

... and I thought I was Scramble champ, I had this gaudy high score
    and challenged this girl at my job, I was talking all kinds of smack
    and even bet MONEY on the game, and she totally destroyed me!
    Killed me so bad that it was that scenario where I actually got worse
    at the game, I was scoring like 27 on boards because she had me SHOOK!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    . wordscraper and scramble are the best games

Says the woman who won't play me in Wordscraper anymore

Never that, I just realized these last few games that I need a few days recovery in between these massive ego beatdowns. I used to be a winner. not at Scramble though, I don't think I have won once against anyone. so frustrating

Actually, I can relate - I have a friend I can never beat at Wordscraper
    and I have to take breaks from playing her because I get so burned out.

But our games weren't that unbalanced. I caught a couple of breaks in
    2 games in a row. You're still a winner in my book

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Actually, I can relate - I have a friend I can never beat at Wordscraper
    and I have to take breaks from playing her because I get so burned out.

I just accept the fact that as much as I enjoy Scrabble-style games, I'm not very good at them. If you don't expect to win, the game is a lot more fun.

• facebook is crack. wordscraper and scramble are the best games and mobile upload rules. my only issue is that if you don't use the iphoto exporter for facebook, it's a pain in the ass to create photo albums

I restarted a myspace account a few months ago, but it takes forever to load and then i have to scroll for days to find the stop button on some auto-play music or video.

I LOVE SCRAMBLE!! But my friends won't play it with me anymore...so I play prolific instead. After Scrabulous got the boot Wordscraper came up, I haven't been able to get into it- I am that lame person that halts a game because I never make a move...but there are ways to design the board thingy so it looks more like Scrabulous, right?

Myspace is the worst thing for the internets evarr- people think they are 'web designers' because they have their own page that takes me 10 minutes to load only to crash my browser. Crazy azz backgrounds on top of white text on top of stupid highlighting shit...it's garbage for mine EYEZ!!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    What happens when you ignore a request, does the person get a notification that they were ignored?
    I wondered the same thing. I've been getting these fools that I "knew" in high school trying to request me. I don't understand, I haven't talked to them in 10 years and I didn't talk to them much/at all in high school, why would facebook make it any different?

No, people don't get rejection notifications.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    What happens when you ignore a request, does the person get a notification that they were ignored?
    I wondered the same thing. I've been getting these fools that I "knew" in high school trying to request me. I don't understand, I haven't talked to them in 10 years and I didn't talk to them much/at all in high school, why would facebook make it any different?

I think they want to see if you got fat.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    You also don't get to see if they got fat.

Lighten up champ

Yeah, because I was taking it so seriously, "chief" ... ?

Hey man, knock yourself out. If you have even 1 free Whopper it
    will be more Whoppers than I have ate in the past 20 years.

Well seeing as its only available to the US... I tell you what, any vouchers I get Ill send them your way....

anyways on another note..... thanks to all them ppl who got pix up on the FB page...
    makes me feel like less of a freak and rekkid nerd....

I added a couple, one is me and the other two are SS posters.... Im the better looking one!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I fogot how good we were looking.

It's a bit like a Whodini lyric.

Anyway...