dj shadow sneakers !!?!!!??

BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.djshadow.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MN051&Category_Codeapologies if this has already been sharedthey're called "what does your sole look like?" ha!

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    geez, that dude is a micro industry.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    fugly

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Hot. I'm getting a pair.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm not mad at those. I'm not buying any,but they're better than I expected

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

BLAZING DOWNTEMPO COLORWAY

• for someone who hasn't really released much in the past few years and has had mixed reactions to the stuff he did release, he's got a lot of backing in terms of the limited edition products he puts out. Or maybe he's just got a ton of money on his own.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    These are the opposite of fresh

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    for someone who hasn't really released much in the past few years and has had mixed reactions to the stuff he did release, he's got a lot of backing in terms of the limited edition products he puts out. Or maybe he's just got a ton of money on his own.

I almost posted something a few days asking if Dj Shadow was even relevant anymore. Then I realized half of SS would say he never was.

• These are the opposite of fresh

i'm not a sneaker expert, but I bet most people are hating on these just because of the name association. They look like the average type of shoe that some dude with jeans,a t-shirt, and a nautica (or lrg in this case) jacket would wear. Digga outfit.

I'd cop if they came out with these...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

i'm not a sneaker expert, but I bet most people are hating on these just because of the name association. They look like the average type of shoe that some dude with jeans,a t-shirt, and a nautica (or lrg in this case) jacket would wear. Digga outfit.

They look like generic sneakers you'd buy at Payless Shoes. Never really understood people's tastes in sneakers. I'm a grown dude now and sneakers are strictly gym accessories.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

^^for the braeks on the top shelf^^

I DIGG HIGHER!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Is this his first foray into the limited edition sneaker game?
    I would of assumed he got into this market years ago.

Never really understood people's tastes in sneakers. I'm a grown dude now and sneakers are strictly gym accessories.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

i'm not a sneaker expert, but I bet most people are hating on these just because of the name association.

Yeah, I found it funny that dudes who will ride for the most eye-searingly fugly footwear imaginable are clowning some pretty average, middle-of-the-road kicks, but that's the 'Strut for ya, I guess.

pretty average, middle-of-the-road kicks

if your style is average/middle of the road......

• cascas 1,484 Posts

^^only rocks the funkmaster flex driving shoe^^

^^only rocks the funkmaster flex driving shoe^^

Rocks these to the Dog Psychiatrist....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

they're called "what does your sole look like?[/b]"

clever! but they may want to go back to the drawing board given the answer is gray, bland, unispired, unimaginative and orthapaedic

• CAN SOMEONE PLEEZ TELL ME WHAT THE MISSING 6TH ELEMENT IS ON THE HEEL? MY CYPHER CANNOT BE COMPLETED UNTIL THEN!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    CAN SOMEONE PLEEZ TELL ME WHAT THE MISSING 6TH ELEMENT IS ON THE HEEL? MY CYPHER CANNOT BE COMPLETED UNTIL THEN!

I think they're the flashcards used to test psychic ability in Ghostbusters.
    So the sneakers have that Bill Murray-meets-Payless swagger to them.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

So the sneakers have that Bill Murray-mets-Payless swagger to them.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

So the sneakers have that Bill Murray-mets-Payless swagger to them.

QUOTED FOR POSTERIOR

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I think these are part of a whole Quannum run. They all have their own shoe and I believe all proceeds go to a charity. I'm not really feeling the shoes but I'm all for the idea.

I can post pics and info later tonight. (Posting from iPhone-related.)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I could design better kicks with a sharpie.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    hey these are the best shoes of all times i have them in three sizes and even some demo presale sample japanese prototypes

they sold them in sneakerboutiques where the dudes looked like me but were cooler

a few months later i started looking into other sneakers

they had some OG banger sneakers and some truly unique stuff that I started looking into

and found out these were just boring ass turf-orthopedic-looking shits only getting love from newjacks and toy knownots

some salty dudes posted to my blog saying they were tepid

but their gray/grey colorway matched my overall sullen styles, and I stuck with them

even bought my own cobbler setup a few years ago (kept it true to the game): OG leatherpunch, handmade eyelet riveter, awl, alluddat

making shoes was too hard so i just stuck to the messageboards

finally got laid and switched to ugg boots

• hey these are the best shoes of all times i have them in three sizes and even some demo presale sample japanese prototypes

they sold them in sneakerboutiques where the dudes looked like me but were cooler

a few months later i started looking into other sneakers

they had some OG banger sneakers and some truly unique stuff that I started looking into

and found out these were just boring ass turf-orthopedic-looking shits only getting love from newjacks and toy knownots

some salty dudes posted to my blog saying they were tepid

but their gray/grey colorway matched my overall sullen styles, and I stuck with them

even bought my own cobbler setup a few years ago (kept it true to the game): OG leatherpunch, handmade eyelet riveter, awl, alluddat

making shoes was too hard so i just stuck to the messageboards

finally got laid and switched to ugg boots

guys, stop fronting like you never enjoyed dj shadow.

Endtroducing is classic in my book, but those kicks are weak.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    "midnight in a perfect dumpster" IMO.