The Definition Of A Bad Day (Pics Included)

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Keep your head up dude. That is horrible. My best.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    not to make light of the situation, (or maybe I'm just a dumbass) but does water really do so much damage that you have to throw the records out? Or was it the jackets sticking to the vinyl kinda thing?

I've picked up records that were out in the rain and snow for a month, cleaned em up with this:

and they sounded ok and are playable.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    believe me..if i could have save anything more than what i saved, i would have done it. This was a lil bit of my life after all!!!lol

What happened is not only they stayed a month in the water, but the water was mixed with alcaline water (the one you use for car battery). So when you picked a record, it wasn't solid anymore...It was like sand. Do not get fooled by the pictures. Pictures makes think they wasn't in such bad condition maybe, but they really was. For me to throw away piles, that's because i couldn't even un-pile the damn records (like melted ).That's how it is!

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    the water was mixed with alcaline water (the one you use for car battery). So when you picked a record, it wasn't solid anymore...It was like sand...i couldn't even un-pile the damn records

oh sh*t....thanks for the clarification. Sorry for your loss....

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This is messed up,i'm sorry to hear about your loss.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    my condolences, friend

i'm happy to help any way I can

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    ill post up a list this week...if anyone can help, then i'll play it fair too.
    THX for everything.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    fucking tragic.

if you have time...put up a list of any crate staple.semi.rares you lost and if I have doubles i'll send you.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm extremely sorry to hear this. I felt sick to my stomach reading it.

As everyone else said, I'll try and help replace some of things if possible.

Keep your head up.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    very sorry man. same thing happened to me in 94' i cried several times. peace, stein. .

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Wow man. That's aweful.

If I was a big dude I'd offer to help out with some records... but being that I'm a little dude, all I can offer are my condolences.

• sorry for your loss dude, i feel your pain..last year i lost about 400 records i bought on a diggin tour trough Cali, they were all destroyed when my cousins garage burned down. it's a cool idea y'all strutters have i'm down if i can be of any help.
    peace.