Shoes in the house: ON or OFF

Comments

• I went to my buddies house, whose parents happen to be from Singapore, and I had to take off my shoes.b, 21b, 21it was my first time rolling to his house and i was wearing some fresh 1990 Airmax 1s that I had bought less than a month ago.b, 21b, 21I take them off and leave them by the front door. When its time to leave, i see one shoe in the middle of the hallway and I pick it up and its wet and slimy. I see my other shoe by the door.b, 21b, 21I pick it up and its wet and slimy and the whole back heel of the fusking shoe is torn up with the foam exposed to hell.b, 21b, 21his fusking dog tore up my new kicks. he never offered to pay me back for the shoes. WTF.

• Off at home at all times!! Just barefootin', Fred Flintstone-style. Just feels better that way...b, 21b, 21And if I'm at somebody else's house and they request I take off my shoes, they will get no complaints from me.

• depends on how sweaty my feet have got during the day

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I've never run into these "Save the Children" types. Urban legend? Or is this a Chi-town thing?b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Oh, it's for real. It is not at all uncommon to hear things like "Um, our children crawl and play on the floor, so could you be a dear and take your shoes off? Thaaaaanks." It's usually delivered with a helpless, faux-apologetic shrug, like "I know, right? But, hey, what can we do? Children are the future and all that." Shit is vile. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21these sound like the parents who I've met on playgrounds that say shit like, "your kids not in music/dance/whatever classes? Really?" b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yeah, that's them.

• People complain about getting their feet dirty as F*ck if they don't wear shoes. This wouldn't be a problem if you weren't dragging your dirty azz Uggs all around your fake linolium floors. b, 21b, 21shoes = img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21

• re: Love My Carpeters: I remember reading an article about allergies, and studies showed that kids who did roll around outside in the dirt and catch frogs and eat mudpies and all of that were actually healthier and had fewer allergies, so go figure

• Bill Plummer took the barefoot-in-the-house look to another level.b, 21b, 21img src="http://waxidermy.com/images/plummer.jpg"1

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The level of dust in NYC is so crazy that goin barefoot at home is a no-no.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21re: Love My Carpeters: I remember reading an article about allergies, and studies showed that kids who did roll around outside in the dirt and catch frogs and eat mudpies and all of that were actually healthier and had fewer allergies, so go figure b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Sayiin' dude. Your immune system develops as you develop, and if you don't challenge it, you'll be susceptible to all kinds of shit.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    My friends ex-wife used to make visitors take our shoes off...not really a big deal ..except they had a giant f*cking mutt who would stampede in and out the house at will.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The children of my hosts take my shoes off for me...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21. It is not at all uncommon to hear things like "Um, our children crawl and play on the floor, so could you be a dear and take your shoes off? Thaaaaanks." b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21fusk that. I'm of the opposite opinion. "Eww, why do you let your kids play where you walk?" Shouldn't they be on a blanket or a pack and play or something? If they're small enough that you're worried about dirt, they should be in a designated area that is strictly no-shoes. If they're big enough to walk around of their own accord, then they'll survive coming in contact with whatever's on your floor.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Do you change your jeans after sittin in public places. And then come home and sit on your bed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21Yes

• it's kinda twisted man.. basically i don't care about the dirt you pick up by just walking in the streetsb, 21but then again some restroom floors in bars/ clubs are crazy disgusting, flooded with all kinds of nasty fluidsb, 21and sometime you just can't avoid walking through a pool of piss... b, 21b, 21i usually don't take them right off when i get home but some of the shit i step into sometimes i don't like to remember..

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21these sound like the parents who I've met on playgrounds that say shit like, "your kids not in music/dance/whatever classes? Really?" b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21"do you know who i am?? you know how many records i got at the crib?? plus, i let my baby click around on soulstrut on the regular. class is always in session sucker!"

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 And forget some of these folks' shoes, you do NOT want to see their raggedy ass socks! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Exactly b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I'm fresh with the socks, no worries here. b, 21b, 21When I moved into my house I thought about enacting the Remove Ya rule, but then the first visitor to my home was my dad coming to check on wiring or some other dadish thing, and he trooped right in out of a rainstorm squeaking wet soles all over my hardwoods like a bunch of kids on a fresh mopped gym floor. Sounded like the Globetrotters dropping 190 on the Generals. Asking him to remove his shoes would have been an instantly entertaining Irish argument.b, 21b, 21JP, you met my pops. Imagine asking the god to remove his skips when he's on a mission involving tools?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 And forget some of these folks' shoes, you do NOT want to see their raggedy ass socks! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Exactly b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I'm fresh with the socks, no worries here.b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21The footie jernts with the pom-poms, right? I can imagine you being on some Jerry Lewis shit: "I only wear my socks once, then I donate them to the Boys Club. I've got 'em stacked up like hay bales out back. It's nothing."b, 21b, 21I'm saying though, how are you going to invite grown people into your home and then infantilize them with some Twister-game shit? It's ridiculous. I'm glad you did the right thing, Sween.

• Twister? It's a sock hop at my crib.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I drive my wife crazy because i wont take my shoes off in the house, but I claim a medical exemption. I broke a bone in my foot a few years ago, and ever since then walking barefoot on hard surfaces is uncomfortable as fusk for me. I have a pair of busted old skate shoes that I threw in the washer and use them like house shoes.b, 21b, 21I was at a friend's house a while back and he and his wife (ex-crusty ass punks) have instituted the "shoes off" rule. I felt like pulling the Rick James "Fusk Yo Rug, Nigga" move the whole weekend. And I haven't been back in 2 years.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21The footie jernts with the pom-poms, right? I can imagine you being on some Jerry Lewis shit: "I only wear my socks once, then I donate them to the Boys Club. I've got 'em stacked up like hay bales out back. It's nothing."b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/841.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Oh, and Sween, plaese to be posting more.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21I'm fresh with the socks, no worries here. b, 21b, 21When I moved into my house I thought about enacting the Remove Ya rule, but then the first visitor to my home was my dad coming to check on wiring or some other dadish thing, and he trooped right in out of a rainstorm squeaking wet soles all over my hardwoods like a bunch of kids on a fresh mopped gym floor. Sounded like the Globetrotters dropping 190 on the Generals. Asking him to remove his shoes would have been an instantly entertaining Irish argument.b, 21b, 21JP, you met my pops. Imagine asking the god to remove his skips when he's on a mission involving tools? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21SWEENDOG!!!!!!!!! What up Big Hommie? How ya livin'? That is some Strong Island comedy right there son! LOL.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    As a kid, always on. Never gave it a second thought. No one took 'em off where we lived.b, 21b, 21Now we have the wooden floors, I hate cleaning them. And so does the Mrs. So to avoid this as much as possible, we take 'em off.b, 21b, 21I think they made R Kelly take his kicks off and look what happened to him.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    99% of the time - OFF, but if I'm about to vacuum/mop in the next 24 hrs or so, I'll let it slide. Where I absolutely will not let it slide is in the bathroom or bedroom. Those are places where I might be barefoot and I don't want gum and dog sh*t trace on me. Even if you have to park them outside the bathroom door when you go in to do whatever, no shoes in the bathroom.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Do you change your jeans after sittin in public places. And then come home and sit on your bed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21Yes b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Always wash my hands and change when I get home from work, etc. - things I grew up with

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Do you change your jeans after sittin in public places. And then come home and sit on your bed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21Yes b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Always wash my hands and change when I get home from work, etc. - things I grew up with b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Like Mr.Rogers???

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 2199% of the time - OFF, but if I'm about to vacuum/mop in the next 24 hrs or so, I'll let it slide. Where I absolutely will not let it slide is in the bathroom or bedroom. Those are places where I might be barefoot and I don't want gum and dog sh*t trace on me. Even if you have to park them outside the bathroom door when you go in to do whatever, no shoes in the bathroom. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21What do u do if your rushing to get to the bathroom after work, and u have to drop some kids off at the pool?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    ON.....b, 21b, 21Thank God for tile floors...

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Do you change your jeans after sittin in public places. And then come home and sit on your bed. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21Yes b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Always wash my hands and change when I get home from work, etc. - things I grew up with b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Like Mr.Rogers??? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21lol! Yes! (but I got it from my parents first)

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    ON. I don't eat off the floor so why do I give a fuck if you track dog shit into my house. Plus, those shoes look fabulous with that outfit.

What's up with many of the early posts in this thread showing up blank?