The Shield Final season

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
8 episodes in and i'm like img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" /1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" /1

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm feeling it so far. don't know about this whole "YOU MUST INFLITRATE THE MEXICAN MILITARY" shit but everything beyond that is cool. bets on shane either getting killed or vic taking the fall for everyone.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yeah, it's been good. The only down season was when they had Glenn Close as the new captain. She was too much of a stereotype, doo-good cop that you would not expect on the series. Otherwise, all the rest have been top notch. This season is especially satisfying as I f*cking hate SHANE! Get that guy Vic!

• twoman flipped on shane with the quickness! Things are falling apart... How many more episodes we got?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121This season is especially satisfying as I f*cking hate SHANE! Get that guy Vic! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21You buggin'. Shane is in his finest element this season; it's so clear he's Vic's prodigal son. Things are not going to end well for anyone. b,121b,121I never really understood Shane's wife - I think her character has just been too far underdeveloped; it's hard to understand her desire to be this ride or die wife when she knows all the dirt Shane has done.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    this season has been good.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would like to reach into my TV and strangle Shane.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I would like to reach into my TV and strangle Shane. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I would have said that two seasons ago, but Shane's kind of killing it right now. Sure, he's not super competent, but he came within a door knob of putting two into Mackey. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-gangsta.gif" alt="" /1b,121b,121Oh, and to last week's writers...with all their "bamboo cage" and Asian jokes? b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" /1b,121b,121(Though not anymore than usual for the show).

Shane is just the character that I and others love to hate. It's not saying anything bad about the show. The dude is upping his game big time this season trying to take out Vic, I just want Vic to come out on top, perhaps his dead body on top of Shane's, but still on top.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Oh, and to last week's writers...with all their "bamboo cage" and Asian jokes? b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" /1b,121b, 21(Though not anymore than usual for the show). b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1When I first started watching the show I was like whoa at some of that shit but it just makes it more authentic in my mind. FX is kinda off the grid for complaints on that kind of shit anyway.

• Holy img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1074.gif" alt="" 21 I love this show! b, 21b, 21Crazy to see it finally come to this point.. b, 21b, 21Next week's gonna be a doozy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    WOW...

• Predictions?b, 21b, 21It could go any number of different ways.. I don't even know. b, 21b, 21Can't wait to see the shitstorm.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Man man MAN... my wife D R O P P E D THE BALL. She was supposed to be taping the last 3 (!) episodes and nada. I've watched every single episode from every season but this one. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/530.gif" alt="" 21

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i got you man. 10-12?

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    spoiler warning pleaseb, 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oops, sorry man. But just what did you think was gonna happen in a thread like this?b, 21b, 21ps. I made that part up just to throw you off. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    ha ha...yeah i thought the same thing after i posted...just watched anyways...cant wait until next week...willl have to stay away from this thread until i download and watch!!!b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoa.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

Dude, that might have been one of the bleakest things I've ever seen on television. It made "The Wire" look like "Sex and the City."b, 21b, 21SPOILER ALERTb, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21The shit with Shane was hard to take. Especially as a dad, seeing that bed tableau was gutwrenching.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    torrent dudes dropping the ball for us overseas folks...im f*cking dying over here!!!

• F*ck I haven't watched the latest ep.. I guess shane gets it? I don't even want to think about it till I start watching tonight....

/font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoa.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I have to say - especially as "The Sopranos" feels more and more dated with time, I might have to put "The Shield" #2 ahead of "The Sopranos" (but still behind "The Wire"). You could debut "The Shield" today and it'd still feel fresh.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I have to say - especially as "The Sopranos" feels more and more dated with time, I might have to put "The Shield" #2 ahead of "The Sopranos" (but still behind "The Wire"). You could debut "The Shield" today and it'd still feel fresh.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Crazy talk. Take a step back and there are gaping writing holes in the Shield. I still love it though. It's like candy. Even this season was somewhat uneven at first. b, 21b, 21Good God the Shane/Mara storyline was amazing. I read a review that compared some of their moments on the run to "Badlands" and I'd have to agree. Walton Goggins really killed it ever since his character killed Lem.b, 21b, 21An excellent series finale for sure. b, 21b, 21Do you guys watch any of the other F/X hour long dramas? We watch Damage also at my house.

Wow. That was quite an ending. Vic is still Vic though. He took all those hits in these last two episodes but keeps on going.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Good ending. I wouldn't have expected anything less shitty for Vic. He really has nothing left after all of that. It would be interesting if they had an additional season to see how low he would get.b, 21b, 21I'm not really sure how I feel about Shane killing his family. I guess he figured if he helped them get away and turned himself in, Mara wouldn't be able to survive on her own.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I have to say - especially as "The Sopranos" feels more and more dated with time, I might have to put "The Shield" #2 ahead of "The Sopranos" (but still behind "The Wire"). You could debut "The Shield" today and it'd still feel fresh.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1I don't know man. I just watched the entire series with my girlfriend over the past few months and it was still good. Definitely dated in some aspects (especially with random current event references) but what can you expect?

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Crazy talk. Take a step back and there are gaping writing holes in the Shield. I still love it though. It's like candy. Even this season was somewhat uneven at first.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sure but the Sopranos was hardly the paragon of perfection. The latter is still a pinnacle in television history and the sharpness of the idea and much of the writing is beyond debate. But in terms of moral complexity + visceral thrills, I may have to give the nod to "The Shield". Regardless, for the last ten years, I'd have to put those two, plus "The Wire" into my top 5. "Lost" would get a nod too. Not sure what #5 would be, though "Buffy" comes to mind.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 moral complexity + visceral thrills
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No doubt. I can't really recall a "boring" episode. The Shield always kept it raw w/ the action.b, 21b, 21I got a little upset early in this final season when there were exceedingly long exposition monologues that they were relying on to move things forward. b, 21b, 21Dude....Vic did Ronnie BAD. All Ronnie did the whole series was eat shit for Vic Mackey. Dude got his face burned off when Vic asked him to go to his house and "pick up his checkbook."

Ronnie was just a loyal soldier who paid the price for his superior.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Ronnie was just a loyal soldier who paid the price for his superior.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1It really sucks for him but shit, hasn't he seen Vic screw over so many people in the past already? That scene when Vic walked in the station and all the cops img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21 him and then Ronnie flips the F*ck out was img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hard2.gif" alt="" 21