*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• NBA-"I love this game" Check out Shaq clearing out anyone he can get to, and Dan Majerle trying to break it up. You know he wishes he had a unform on to get in on this. b, 21b, 21

• Rematch when New York gets into town? Check out the mayor of Sacramento scrapping with a couple ESPN analysts.b, 21b, 21/object1

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21hi guys. i haven't been checking in like i should be. good night of basketball tonight.b, 21b, 21soi: re: conversation with redfacedkbnuthugger over here a couple pages back: face it, kg is now a caricature of himself. that shit is horrible to watch. nobody outside of beantown takes that shit seriously. (nobody takes most lakers fans seriously either, but i digress) dude makes an assclown out of himself screaming at himself during every game. i don't know what part of the game that is. also: in retrospect, paul pierce's performance from last year and so far this year will be looked upon with the same regard as d wade in the finals a few back: impressive, but he got by with the help of his zebra coated friends. that's not to say they didn't stomp on a massively inferior laker team, because they did. but you can't sugarcoat the shit forever. gotta have the come down-- new regular season seems like a good time to do it before mufockas be yellin' "DYNASTY" from the rafters in that place.b, 21b, 21yuki: calm down. six or seven wins or some shit is a good run to start the season. keep snortin that ether and it will fusk with your head tho.b, 21b, 21blazers: nice job so far. you all are playing entertaining basketball (except for that farce against the lakers. beginning season jitters, much?)b, 21b, 21matt barnes: nobody is buying that tough guy shit. just park your ass behind the line and jack up threes. know your role.b, 21b, 21steve nash: do not tet tmac. sit on your ass and think about it.b, 21b, 21hawks: wow. i'm impressed so far. see if you can keep that shit up. i watched some of your games on the l-pass. joe johnson is the most underrated swingman in the l (posey nippin at the heels).b, 21b, 21warriors: i'm waiting for you to surprise me. some of your stats do, (azibuike on fire? latvia leads the L in boards???) but i'm waiting to stack up some barn-burners in the w column, yafeel?b, 21b, 21batmon: i'll wake you up when playoffs start. you think the knicks will really be in it? or will philly get its shit together in time to knock them from contention.b, 21b, 21also: will mismanaging MJ PULL THE FUSKING TRIGGER ON THAT TRADE ALREADY??? thanks. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Calling me Yuki and being a Suns fan is like so 2006. Get with the times bitch.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ugh

I cannot wait to see the Suns play the Knicks and the Lakers

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Vinny Del Negro, Larry Hughes, Joke-him Noah, ladies and gentlemen, your Chicago Bulls! Seriously, without No. 1 pick D-Rose slaying damn near everything, it would be dark days in Chicago. But they will run him ragged by the All-Star Break.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Seems like the talent in the league is evening out quite well. I feel comfortable rooting for a lot of squads: b, 21b, 21--Blazersb, 21--Hawksb, 21--Sixersb, 21--Hornetsb, 21--Even the new-look Knicksb, 21b, 21What is it about Greg Oden that makes me want him to succeed?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What kind of a person gets on the internet to announce that he's sitting at home drinking?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21What kind of a person gets on the internet to announce that he's sitting at home drinking? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21THE EAGLE HAS LANDED.

• The Lakers got owned by KWAME BROWN.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the boston nuggets game was interestingb, 21b, 21nice to see nene step up...will he last is the questionb, 21b, 21i always questionned the nuggets depth but if josh smith can be consistent and athony carter counted upon to give rest to chauncey the team ccan be dangerousb, 21b, 21i love what i saw in kenyon martin o the defensive side (offensively not so much) just rebound dudeb, 21b, 21the celtics let allen play to his potential but ultimately were mixed up in their game planb, 21b, 21nice win for the nuggets

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21The Lakers got owned by KWAME BROWN. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Sheed has taken Kwame under his wing, coaching to him mid-game on the bench and hollering at him on the floor. b, 21b, 21Great win last night in hostile territory. So many good things to like about my squad right now.b, 21b, 21

/object1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21

SHEED shot it over GASOLb, 21OVERb, 21b, 21holy cowb, 21b, 21I fear I may cry on Sunday when the Suns face Dee-Troit, Basket-Ballin!!!! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" 21

We still have a big liability on the inside. Def a work in progress. (Paging McDyess) b, 21b, 21Sheed and Brown v. O'Neal and Sun Zeus is gonna be tough match up for us. b, 21b, 21Should be a sick game.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I had a bad feeling going into that game. Anyway, yall made a looot of threes early on. I don`t know why LA didn`t post up more. They shoulda used Bynum and Gasol more in the post.

shaq thrown out Nash blocked a shot this game is crazy

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21shaq thrown out b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21Between the flagrant 2 above and shoving Rocket folls the other day...b, 21b, 21Is your boy on 'roids or something, dude? b, 21b, 21He's been straight wilding this season!b, 21b, 21Save it, son.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/16/20081116spt-suns.htmlb, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21The call was upheld after review but the Suns learned later that the call likely would be taken down to a flagrant foul, Penalty 1, Monday, meaning there will be no fear of O'Neal being suspended for Monday's game at Utah.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I do agree that he probably should have saved it and let Stuckey get the hole. b, 21b, 21On a positive note the Shaqtus was on a roll before getting thrown out. The ejection gave the Suns a chance to prove they can win without him or Barnes and Barbosa. 2nd unit players like Robin Lopez Louis Amundson and Sean Singletary were huge and Nash even blocked Rip Hamilton's shot.b, 21b, 21The Suns are in for another tough defensive challenge tonight when they face Utah, which will be a lot tougher than playing the Pistons since Terry Porter knows Detroit in and out, having been an assistant there. Interestingly, the Suns are 5-0 against teams he's had affiliations with during his career as player, coach and assistant coach.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21shaq thrown out b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21Between the flagrant 2 above and shoving Rocket folls the other day...b, 21b, 21Is your boy on 'roids or something, dude? b, 21b, 21He's been straight wilding this season!b, 21b, 21Save it, son. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Dude's kinda been on a tear ever since the divorce.b, 21b, 21TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES.b, 21b, 21Bitch move and very dangerous to say the least...

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Dude's kinda been on a tear ever since the divorce.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Last I heard, they were back together. But, you ain' hear that from me.

• /font1
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I do agree that he probably should have saved it and let Stuckey get the hole. b, 21b, 21On a positive note the Shaqtus was on a roll before getting thrown out. The ejection gave the Suns a chance to prove they can win without him or Barnes and Barbosa. 2nd unit players like Robin Lopez Louis Amundson and Sean Singletary were huge and Nash even blocked Rip Hamilton's shot.b, 21b, 21The Suns are in for another tough defensive challenge tonight when they face Utah, which will be a lot tougher than playing the Pistons since Terry Porter knows Detroit in and out, having been an assistant there. Interestingly, the Suns are 5-0 against teams he's had affiliations with during his career as player, coach and assistant coach. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Do the Pistons go as AI goes now? Can they win when he doesn't play well?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I do agree that he probably should have saved it and let Stuckey get the hole. b, 21b, 21On a positive note the Shaqtus was on a roll before getting thrown out. The ejection gave the Suns a chance to prove they can win without him or Barnes and Barbosa. 2nd unit players like Robin Lopez Louis Amundson and Sean Singletary were huge and Nash even blocked Rip Hamilton's shot.b, 21b, 21The Suns are in for another tough defensive challenge tonight when they face Utah, which will be a lot tougher than playing the Pistons since Terry Porter knows Detroit in and out, having been an assistant there. Interestingly, the Suns are 5-0 against teams he's had affiliations with during his career as player, coach and assistant coach. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Do the Pistons go as AI goes now? Can they win when he doesn't play well? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21way too early to see the trends of their System.

/font1
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I do agree that he probably should have saved it and let Stuckey get the hole. b, 21b, 21On a positive note the Shaqtus was on a roll before getting thrown out. The ejection gave the Suns a chance to prove they can win without him or Barnes and Barbosa. 2nd unit players like Robin Lopez Louis Amundson and Sean Singletary were huge and Nash even blocked Rip Hamilton's shot.b, 21b, 21The Suns are in for another tough defensive challenge tonight when they face Utah, which will be a lot tougher than playing the Pistons since Terry Porter knows Detroit in and out, having been an assistant there. Interestingly, the Suns are 5-0 against teams he's had affiliations with during his career as player, coach and assistant coach. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Do the Pistons go as AI goes now? Can they win when he doesn't play well? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21way too early to see the trends of their System. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Agreed. The cement has not been set yet. The team's shape has just stated to develop.b, 21b, 21A couple of early notes on the leadership front: Prince has proved that he can be the teams #1 option when necessary. Rip is still adjusting to life without Billups as a stationary PG, allowing him to sprint around the court looking for an open shot. With Kwame Brown on the floor, Sheed is even more free to lurk behind the arc.b, 21b, 21Big games coming up against Cleveland on Wednesday and at Boston on Thursday.b, 21b, 21I like what I see so far, but it's too early to see the big picture.

I wanna see how the second unit develops.

Will Bynum

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 With Kwame Brown on the floor, Sheed is even more free to lurk behind the arc.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21it's hard to take this sort of thing seriously.b, 21i have seen the games, and i know kwame is actually doing ok.b, 21still hard to believe though. i mean, it's kwame.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 With Kwame Brown on the floor, Sheed is even more free to lurk behind the arc.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21it's hard to take this sort of thing seriously.b, 21i have seen the games, and i know kwame is actually doing ok.b, 21still hard to believe though. i mean, it's kwame. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yea, and actually not hard to believe that you'll be riding in no time since he's now on Detroit.

Time will tell w/ Kwame. The Detroit culture is diff than the L.A.'s.b, 21b, 21Sheed has takin him under his wing.

Exactly. The Pistons were thinking, here's a kid that was a BEAST in high school...Jordan saw something in him to get taken #1. He's a young big man, hard to come by.b, 21b, 21Thing about dude is that he was crushed by expectations and seems like he was left to fend for himself in terms of development and got passed around the league as an afterthought.b, 21b, 21He needs guidance and someone to show him the ropes. It's real easy to look at him crossways and be skeptical. Been there. But, his potential has yet to be realized, let alone actually seen. Here's to hoping he finds a home and nurturing fam in the D.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 With Kwame Brown on the floor, Sheed is even more free to lurk behind the arc.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21it's hard to take this sort of thing seriously.b, 21i have seen the games, and i know kwame is actually doing ok.b, 21still hard to believe though. i mean, it's kwame. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yea, and actually not hard to believe that you'll be riding in no time since he's now on Detroit. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21get off my dick, child.