COLD AS ICE - Official 08-09 NHL Thread

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I sincerely love that guy who does color commentary for the Wings.

Whenever I watch highlights of them he's all "whoa! hey, what the - wow!"

Mickey Redmond is usually drunk but the 3rd...that's why it's so great to watch. He was a great player for the Wings in the 70's and was a part of the Summit Series for Canada against the Soviets. Somewhere there is a picture of him rockin a red sweatband back when they didn't wear helmets. The only player I think that could ever pull it off.

Totally wrong about the Pittsburgh series. Washington came to play, which was a nice surprise.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Good for Washington.
    It seems like a lot of the players really feed off of Ovie's energy and start to play like him.

Loving the rookie goalie, too.

SOI-> I'm scared for you. Ward is unbelievable when he starts feeling it in the playoffs.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    as a ch fan we no thr pain of the f*cking hurricanes

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Ahhh!!! I'm so pissed - I didn't know this game was on!

Back-to-back playoff games?? Pretty unheard of ... I saw your
    Facebook whoop and was like "he's still celebrating last night?"

Still, awesome for you guys. Good thing Malkin has come to life, huh?

• Options

Not to be phucked with.

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts
    Seven goals on Luongo? Hat trick for Kane and two goals for Toews? The Canucks looked shook against the Hawks in the final two games of the series. Who's ready for Hawks-Wings in the WCF?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    If the Canes win, we got ALL RED semifinals.

Canucks never had a chance. Luongo is fat and overrated.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Pittsburgh will win game 7.

Boston will come back.

Detroit - Chicago in the WCF will be a lot of fun to watch and will be nice not to stay up until 10:30 for a game to START and making it into work the next day at a somewhat reasonable time in the morning.

Did anyone catch Paul Maurice's after game questioning from reporters about the Walker sucker punch? "Scott probably has sore knuckles," he said.

How do you Canadians feel about a possible Phoenix move to Hamilton? I don't think it will ever happen (Bettman being a douche) but I would LOVE to see another team in Canada. I also hope it might light a fire under the Maple Leafs' arses to actual put together a decent team instead of the crap they've put on ice for about 20 years now.

• Options
    Luongo is fat and overrated.

Dude just about single-handedly brought Vancouver into the playoffs.
    Not too many tenders better than Luongo.

• Options
    I wnat to see a Chicago Washington final. Ovechkin is a big slice of douche cake, but I want Washington to take it all. Never won the cup in it's history related.

Luongo is fat and overrated.

Dude just about single-handedly brought Vancouver into the playoffs.
    Not too many tenders better than Luongo.

I do not, however, co-sign your Finals pick.

Boston needs to make it through this series!!

I am seriously sick to my stomach with anxiety waiting for this game to start.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Sorry about the harshness, I'm just sick of hearing about Vancouver (last Canadian team-related silliness).

I also don't think he's as good as he's made out to be.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    SOI is breathing a little easier right now...

SOI is breathing a little easier right now...

BRING ON GAME SEVEN BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big game 2 night. I'm at peace with the outcome. Pound for pound this has been the best hockey series I've ever seen.

Posting at the exact halfway point of Caps/Pens: SICK BEATDOWN GOING ON

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    i knew the Pens would prevail- I've been playing my Vince Laschied LP every day before the game for the past week (real pixburghers know the deal)

• Options
    Wow...I am disgusted that Carolina won. I was hoping for a Boston/Chicago show down. I guess I will be cheering for CHicago to go all the way now.

I want to die

• unityunity 179 Posts
    I want to die
    I'm sorry dude. That's rough to take, especially in OT.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Sorry SOI.

I cant really stand Carolina, but I had a feeling that Ward was gonna win it for them.

F*ck off, Anaheim.

CHI-DET is gonna be a beaut.

Crickets since the Bruins lost.

I would just like to add the NHL can suck it for spacing out these Conference final games. I had to watch "civilian" TV last night. Almost put on basketball.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    they always have sucked for that
    as a basketball fan i am far more pleased witht the 40 games in 40 nights approach
    as a canadian the nba playoffs get coverage

i am rooting for the hawks but always in awe of the wings (such a solid franchise, in recruiting maintainnig talent and discipline)

i also love the penguins and hate the canes but even if id like to see them get the cup
    i doubt they can make it interesting against the wings

• unityunity 179 Posts
    When the wings beat the 'hawks, I really do not want to play the 'canes. Fusk carolina hockey. We'll take the pens.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to die with Boston out and SoulOnIce probably not contributing (felt bad for you homie...I thought Boston would go to the finals).

I'm pissed that CBC hasn't picked up the first couple games of the conference finals. Seriously...what else are you going to put on TV?

Pittsburgh game tonight should be good. Carolina reminds me of the Ducks. Just one of those teams that you don't want around because they can muck it all up.

Hey, I'm around. I still haven't recovered from the Carolina OT win in Game 7, but I'm following the conf. finals, and look forward to tonight's game. Go birds!

Unfortunately, Chicago couldn't steal one in Detroit, and
    I really wanted them to reach the finals. We'll see if they can turn it around at home.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I sometimes feel bad being a Wings fan, as there are quite a few teams deserving of a cup right now. It's too bad the Bruins got knocked out, but I can still hope for a match-up with Pittsburgh.

• Options

I would just like to add the NHL can suck it for spacing out these Conference final games. I had to watch "civilian" TV last night. Almost put on basketball.

b/w

with the Philly heat gone, I'm cheering on the Hawks. They probably won't get past Detriot, but I seriously hope they do. Their Cup drought is depressing.