Official SS: 25 worst rappers of all-time

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    'Step in the Arena,' is my 'favorite,' GangStarr. At the same time, and I think what really bothers me about Guru, is that he always sounds so passive. His 'passionate,' verse is other people's warmup. Now, while this is most DEFINITELY one man's opinion, and others are free to disagree, this is what ends Gangstarr for me. Too conversational...too uninspired to match the beats.

Funny. what he's being penalized for is waht 50 Cent made into a career. The content & cadences is different though.

To be fair to Guru...50 could afford better guests to carry his songs. Good point, though. I'd put FITTY on my list. Someone at work asked about his first song recently, and I brought up, 'Wanksta.' It then occured to me I couldn't remember a single lyric in the song NOT written in the musical, 'Hair.'

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

To be fair to Guru...50 could afford better guests to carry his songs.

Please explain who Gangstarr would have gotten, but couldn't afford. I can't imagine who they would have asked to get as a guest who was like "naw, you ain't got enough dough." I'm guessing that people would have jumped on the album for free, out of respect or in trade for a priemo beat or guru verse. I'm talking about in their prime, not necessarily today.

And who has 50 gotten as a better guest? And based on his ability to shell out doe?

I'm confused.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm guessing that people would have jumped on the album for free, out of respect or in trade for a priemo beat or guru verse. I'm talking about in their prime, not necessarily today.

Well the first two albums didnt have any collabos and Primo wasnt revered like that. But in their prime they put on mad dudes.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    young jeezy

What? Geez got swag. You obviously have none.

swagger = the last bastion of wack rappeurs.

not saying Jeezy is whack, but yours is not a strong argument in his favor.

don't you have a thread to start about how much you dislike some minority group?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    If you don't like Guru, then maybe rap music is not really your thing.

• .SHAQ ....
    cosign on Michael Franti
    and Guru was/is the worst thing 'bout Gangstar

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Diamond D and Erick Sermon as Re: Official SS: 25 worst rappers of all-time??? no, no, no.

Shaq, Fred Durst, Bubba Sparxxx, Chali 2na -possibly the biggest hoax ever in rap, G. Love, Fergie, Kevin Federline!!!!, Krumbsnatcha....!!!

Can't we all just dig deeper than simply outing Guru as monotone?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    young jeezy

^^^^^This foolishness = the last bastion of people who lack swag

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Chali 2na -possibly the biggest hoax ever in rap

Huh?

young jeezy

^^^^^This foolishness = the last bastion of people who lack swag

hey if if makes you feel better for riding for the likes of Fabolous and Jim Jones, then swagger away my friend. or watch other men swagger, as the case may be.

Bubba Sparxxx

I don't like dude's songs, but he can rap. I'm pretty sure the people citing him in this thread have never really heard him, but happen to know that he's white.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Chali 2na -possibly the biggest hoax ever in rap

Ur buggin.

• djbrigidopedjbrigidope 166 Posts
    this thread confirms it, but "hip hop" heads here are kinda . az, kanye, jeezy, phife as the worst rappers ever? do you kids even listen to hip hop?

this thread confirms it, but "hip hop" heads here are kinda . az, kanye, jeezy, phife as the worst rappers ever? do you kids even listen to hip hop?

well, in fairness, I'd say the fact that this thread features mentions of the likes of az and phife pretty much proves that most of us at least listen to rapp (or used to anyway). still, in attempts to slay sacred rapp cows, some of the poasters have been over-zealous.

my phife mention was meant to provoke a little. for the record, he does suck. but he wouldn't be near the top ten worst. not even top 25. 100 maybe.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Wow...Brother Ali as one of the worst rappers ever?

Surely ye jest. Hardly any of these rappers in this thread should even be close to the worst 25.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I saw Brother Ali slay on stage. More energy than most emcees i've ever seen.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    This shit gets tired. Everytime a worst rapper thread comes up the same list of people like guru are dragged out to be hatted on. The fact that Perce P an AZ are mentioned and yet cats will ride for nelly is just plain embarrassing.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Large Professor

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    This shit gets tired. Everytime a worst rapper thread comes up the same list of people like guru are dragged out to be hatted on. The fact that Perce P an AZ are mentioned and yet cats will ride for nelly is just plain embarrassing.

People sound jaded that their homey from around the way never made it or something.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Large Professor

the fuck outta here. now this is getting ridiculous.

• Richard Blackwood - Will Smiff on a UK budget steeze

I heard Jaeke Shears (el spacko on here) is producing his album???

I was, but then he said it was a fictional album, and so a fictional beatmaker would be better, so i pointed him in your direction.

oooh you've still got it ya bastard

BURP.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    terrible thread

• terrible thread

top 25 worst?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    No one agrees about Silkk??

stressdollaz actually had the right answer. i think he thought silkk was puerto rican.

• The Chicago's Legendary Sharkula:

Though part of me wants to believe he's some sort of genius, in general I think its pretty disorienting.

Also there was also this guy in Washington Square Park one time who made me beat box for him, he was pretty bad too.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts

Anyone mention this guy yet? #1

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    Dee Dee Ramone.
    Gary Fencik.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still stand by Mase as my choice.