• Worst Rappers: Producers Edition
    Erick Sermon

HELL NAW TO THE HELL NAW!

1. "Haaaaaaaay... Erick Seeeermon"
    2. The come hither lithp
    3. The off beat flow
    4. "Should be in the sky with birdth"

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I cannot beieve anyone included Percee P in this thread.

But anyway...

Can I nominate P. Diddy. His voice is monotonous and aweful. I mean he can string lines together, but ALL his rhymes sound real generic... like just a collection of cliches is all he can ever come up with.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

Northern State

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    K'Naan the "Dustyfoot Philosopher"

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    damn. why the percee hate? folls ride for jezzy but let percee get thrown under the bus?!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Worst Rappers: Producers Edition
    Erick Sermon

1. "Haaaaaaaay... Erick Seeeermon"
    2. The come hither lithp
    3. The off beat flow
    4. "Should be in the sky with birdth"

• Options
    How could anyone diss the E Double's early rhymes?

The illest swagger ever.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Can I nominate P. Diddy. His voice is monotonous and aweful. I mean he can string lines together, but ALL his rhymes sound real generic... like just a collection of cliches is all his ghostwriters can ever come up with.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    1-25 : Buddha Monk and X amount of semi-sort of-kind of-maybe Wu-related dudes.[/b]

Oh, and Wildchild. He may not be the worst of all time, but I feel kinda sorry for him. I went to a concert with him and Declaime (mostly to see declaime), and the guy did this skit, where he was sitting on a crate and mimicking driving his car and tuning the radio, listening to all the "wack shit". He beatboxed "grinding" and everybody loves it. He looks at the crowd and goes "you're supposed to hate it!"

- J

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Worst Rappers: Producers Edition
    Erick Sermon

Seriously. Erick Sermon CAN rap and Pete Rock too. At this point I'm doubting your taste in hip hop.

• LOL

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Oh, and Wildchild. He may not be the worst of all time, but I feel kinda sorry for him. I went to a concert with him and Declaime (mostly to see declaime), and the guy did this skit, where he was sitting on a crate and mimicking driving his car and tuning the radio, listening to all the "wack shit". He beatboxed "grinding" and everybody loves it. He looks at the crowd and goes "you're supposed to hate it!"

Yeah, I agree. he can rap and stuff, but he always had the style and persona of the ultra-real underground backpack MC hero, rapping all fast and stuff. I wouldn't put him on the "worst" list, but he would ride atop my list of "least relevant MC's."

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Some good rappers mentioned in this thread...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    HAZ, the inclusion of Chuggo is amazing.
    Yes, he's a pretty awful rapper, but dude is wild and hilarious in real life.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Percee P is not wack.
    I prefered Phife on quite a few songs on low end theory.

I have always hated Eminems voice and flow.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    There's a difference between not liking a rapper, and putting him on the "worst" list. I don't mean to single you out GF, but there's some rampant hatting going on here that isn't totally warranted.

If you don't like Eminem, that's fine. I don't think it can be argued that dude's got flow and rhymes and all that. Pete Rock isn't the illest MC and Puba ghostwrote a lot of his lyrics, but he can definitely rhyme. let's keep the hate where it belongs.

Has anyone mentioned the BlueBlocker sunglasses guy? I know he's a "hip-hopper" but fuck that guy. He sucks.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I don't get the Phife hate; though, I did bring up Guru.

re: Guru hate, his voice and flow just KILL GangStarr for me. His lyrics are sooooooo bad. His flow feels offbeat, like he is trying too hard. Agreed- he is probably not the WORST. But, I can in put him on my list and sleep easy.

But, this gets into categorie- if this is open to novelty-carpet-bagging-projects, then it's all the Vanilla Ices, Snows, and Lucaswiththelidsoffs.

BUT, if we are talking 25 worst rappers who actually tried to make a name and career (a much more interesting list, btw) than I put Guru on there NO DOUBT.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I don't get the Phife hate; though, I did bring up Guru.

re: Guru hate, his voice and flow just KILL GangStarr for me. His lyrics are sooooooo bad. His flow feels offbeat, like he is trying too hard. Agreed- he is probably not the WORST. But, I can in put him on my list and sleep easy.

But, this gets into categorie- if this is open to novelty-carpet-bagging-projects, then it's all the Vanilla Ices, Snows, and Lucaswiththelidsoffs.

BUT, if we are talking 25 worst rappers who actually tried to make a name and career (a much more interesting list, btw) than I put Guru on there NO DOUBT.

Guru isn't top notch but I'm not getting how he is bad at all.

Step in the Arena in particular has all sorts of greatly delivered rhymes on it.

He KILLS Gang Starr for you?

That is utterly ridiculous.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This guy:

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    This thread should be reserved for, like, Pat Buchanan, Gore Vidal or the "Don't Copy That Floppy" dude. Eminem, Percee P, Xzibit? C'mon now...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    With the exception of very few early tracks:

He KILLS Gang Starr for you?

That is utterly ridiculous.

Ehh...not really. If I were going to listen to GangStarr at this point, I'd throw on some instrumentals.

He doesn't make me lovesick; merely sick.

There's a difference between not liking a rapper, and putting him on the "worst" list. I don't mean to single you out GF, but there's some rampant hatting going on here that isn't totally warranted.

If you don't like Eminem, that's fine. I don't think it can be argued that dude's got flow and rhymes and all that. Pete Rock isn't the illest MC and Puba ghostwrote a lot of his lyrics, but he can definitely rhyme. let's keep the hate where it belongs.

Has anyone mentioned the BlueBlocker sunglasses guy? I know he's a "hip-hopper" but fuck that guy. He sucks.

true, thats more of a personal bias i guess

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    this thread is 100% quadrupled distilled essence of soulstrut hip hop thread

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    4) Talib Kweli

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

'Step in the Arena,' is my 'favorite,' GangStarr. At the same time, and I think what really bothers me about Guru, is that he always sounds so passive. His 'passionate,' verse is other people's warmup. Now, while this is most DEFINITELY one man's opinion, and others are free to disagree, this is what ends Gangstarr for me. Too conversational...too uninspired to match the beats.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    'Step in the Arena,' is my 'favorite,' GangStarr. At the same time, and I think what really bothers me about Guru, is that he always sounds so passive. His 'passionate,' verse is other people's warmup. Now, while this is most DEFINITELY one man's opinion, and others are free to disagree, this is what ends Gangstarr for me. Too conversational...too uninspired to match the beats.

Funny. what he's being penalized for is waht 50 Cent made into a career. The content & cadences is different though.