Where Have All the Women Gone?

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    the drop off in female strutters has conicided with the explosion in newly-registered toys, the proliferation of useless/duplicate threads[/b], the decline in intelligent discussion. it's an overall decline.

(1) there will be newer people on the board who weren't around when the topic was last brought up

(2) as we've discussed before, the archives are hella hard to navigate

based on these two things, unfortunately, you can expect threads to be repeated over time

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    you don't own records? what the fuck are you doing here?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    the drop off in female strutters has conicided with the explosion in newly-registered toys, the proliferation of useless/duplicate threads, the decline in intelligent discussion. it's an overall decline.

...says the guy with no records.

^^^^ oooof and I wasn't even reffering to Harvey!

but clearly this remark has struck a nerve with him. don't worry holmes, at least the "newly-registered toys" part doesn't apply to you. you have, after all, been paying to post here longer than anyone else.

I go back and forth with you. Somedays I think you are nothing but a troll. Other days, I think you are a troll with a few halfway-decent points to make.

But yeah, buy some records already.

fool I'll trade with you anytime you're ready. and no, I'm not talking about records. I'll even let you have the first punch.

What kind of gay ass fights do you get in where dudes let each other have first punches?

Only in the stomch though, not the face...GTFOOHWTBS!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

fool I'll trade with you anytime you're ready. and no, I'm not talking about records. I'll even let you have the first punch.

And you wonder why the women went...

Assmuppet.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Damn Tony that's foul. I would hope its lurkers, but seeing Mister Wheeler chillin like this is his house after stalking A*****y (Ms.Damn), it wouldn't surprise me if it was someone who posts here. Fuckers.

Mister Wheeler was stalking Ms. Damn?

Real world stalking even?

If so, it figures...

Yo, theres alot of crazy MF's on SS!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the drop off in female strutters has conicided with the explosion in newly-registered toys, the proliferation of useless/duplicate threads[/b], the decline in intelligent discussion. it's an overall decline.

(1) there will be newer people on the board who weren't around when the topic was last brought up

based on these two things, unfortunately, you can expect threads to be repeated over time

yeah cosine on the archives being hard to search. I know Raj has tried his best to improve those though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think it would be a smart idea for any woman who wants to become apart of any nerdy male dominated board and is weird about being sweated by guys not make any references to being female until they're well established. Isn't 99% of this board already attached?

LMHO - So we should pretend to be something else because fools can't grow the f*ck up?

I regret using miss in my name originally, not because I wanted to protect myself from stalkers, but because as time went on, it seemed silly and unnecessary.

Why should any woman hide the fact she is a woman? MsDamn was "well-established" on the Board when she got stalked and it definitely didn't stop dudes from dropping some seriously distasteful Asian female fetish BS.

Wouldn't it be smarter idea for guys to get their shit together instead?

And you wonder why the women went...

Assmuppet.

hahaha no I don't wonder. I think this thread has made it clear why they've left!

seriously though I would like to take this opportunity to thank those females who still are on here for sticking around. I prolly woulda left a long time ago! you are appreciated though; always nice to have a female perspective.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    MODED[/b]

gay ass

there you go again BTW.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I thought he meant duplicate threads as in spinoff threads. I'm not mad when an older topic resurfaces, but when one thread like "Who gets paid well" begets "Who gets LAID well" and "Who gets MADE well" and "Who gets GAYED well" etcetera, things get a little stupid.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I had my schitt insured for 100 grand recently (Records, comic books, autographs). That post about the flood made me happy I did.
    How much extra are you paying for that? Did they ask you for proof of the items and whatnot?

Concerning the women thing I think that digging tends to be more of a male dominated realm so by default there aren't that many women. On top of the fact that lots of comments and discussions on here are NOT female friendly as previously mentioned. It's a shame.
    PS : if that stalker issue is true that's straight up creepy.
    x10

• Options
    edit

I thought he meant duplicate threads as in spinoff threads. I'm not mad when an older topic resurfaces, but when one thread like "Who gets paid well" begets "Who gets LAID well" and "Who gets MADE well" and "Who gets GAYED well" etcetera, things get a little stupid.

yeah I actually like the old threads getting bumped. but also when you start a thread it's sometimes hard to determine whether there's been a thread on that topic before.

and BTW re: new toys I do not mean to insult new posters. there's good new posters and bad old posters. it's not about new or old. but some of these folks just jump on for a couple days, start some shit, and then leave. or come back with a phony alias or whatever.

hahah I remember a "Who Do You Suspect Doesn't Actually Have Records" thread a while back. Someone should bump that but I think it's over a year old.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Crazy talk! Why should people change themselves when they can simply demand that the rest of the world change instead?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

LMHO - So we should pretend to be something else because fools can't grow the f*ck up?

Uhhh...no.

No disagreement here.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

hahah I remember a "Who Do You Suspect Doesn't Actually Have Records" thread a while back. Someone should bump that but I think it's over a year old.

That was my thread. I think deej was the name that came up most often.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think it would be a smart idea for any woman who wants to become apart of any nerdy male dominated board and is weird about being sweated by guys not make any references to being female until they're well established. Isn't 99% of this board already attached?

I regret using miss in my name originally, not because I wanted to protect myself from stalkers, but because as time went on, it seemed silly and unnecessary.

Why should any woman hide the fact she is a woman? MsDamn was "well-established" on the Board when she got stalked and it definitely didn't stop dudes from dropping some seriously distasteful Asian female fetish BS.

I agree.

I would, however, caution women against posting photos of themselves.

Even a dude such as myself has to fend off amorous advances when a pic of me finds its way onto the site.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    often includes folks who are considered "royalty"

PLEASE TO ELABORATE ON THIS!!!

What royalty is lurking on ladies?? And who is actually considered royalty besides Faux Rillz?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Guys, on the serious tip though I don't think anyone who's ever been stalked wants to constantly be reminded of it by a bunch of creepy dudes.

It would be a very good look for everyone to stop bringing that schitt up especially if you only know about it through the internet.

• Even a dude such as myself has to fend off amorous advances when a pic of me finds its way onto the site.

Come on, dude. You called me.

"I was just wondering if it would be cool if I crashed at your place."

• Options
    Guys, on the serious tip though I don't think anyone who's ever been stalked wants to constantly be reminded of it by a bunch of creepy dudes.

It would be a very good look for everyone to stop bringing that schitt up especially if you only know about it through the internet.

True.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DUDE THAT MEANS YOU

• Options
    DUDE THAT MEANS YOU

I just got through deleting my post, jesus...why the fuck are you so hot headed.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    often includes folks who are considered "royalty"

PLEASE TO ELABORATE ON THIS!!!

What royalty is lurking on ladies?? And who is actually considered royalty besides Faux Rillz?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Me: "Hello?"

1980beatz: "Dude, I have to apologize to you."

Me: "What for?"

1980beatz: "I think I might have been hitting on your sister just now."

Me: "Dude, SHE'S ONLY 14!"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Maybe we can just bump the thread "DUDES WHO ARE ONLY ON HERE BECAUSE THEIR SISTER IS A MODERATOR" instead?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

yeah I actually like the old threads getting bumped. but also when you start a thread it's sometimes hard to determine whether there's been a thread on that topic before.

and BTW re: new toys I do not mean to insult new posters. there's good new posters and bad old posters. it's not about new or old. but some of these folks just jump on for a couple days, start some shit, and then leave. or come back with a phony alias or whatever.

With that said, who is the fool talking about Latino Racism? & MisterWheeler "why do you still have records"?

Maybe we can just bump the thread "DUDES WHO ARE ONLY ON HERE BECAUSE THEIR SISTER IS A MODERATOR" instead?

see this is what I'm saying. there's hella threads I'd like to bump for old times' sake (the faux_rillz-initated "who doesn't have records" one being a prime example), but unless you bookmarked it it's pretty much gone if it's been over a year, right?