The swiftboating of John McCain

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

From the makers of SwiftBoat??? comes SwiftBoat2: POW Hulabaloo.??? Paints Kerry and McCain as "two of a kind." This purports to be a GOP group, I believe.No, I haven't seen the whole 5-part series (this is one of five).

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    you know what though? I would have a lot more respect for those swiftboat shitbirds if they DID swiftboat mccain. at least that way they'd be acting honestly/consistently, and the first round would not just have been a bald attempt to get W elected.

this article sums up nicely how utterly unconcerned the swiftboat folks were with his war record once Kerry lost teh election. in fact, it seems all but one of them have renounced all that isht.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    this article sums up nicely how utterly unconcerned the swiftboat folks were with his war record once Kerry lost teh election. in fact, it seems all but one of them have renounced all that isht.

No doubt. Personally, I don't doubt that McCain is an honorable war hero. I have seen no reason to make me doubt this. The man certainly doesn't get my vote in the GE, however.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    What's up with the Star Wars title treatment in that video?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    What's up with the Star Wars title treatment in that video?

Class all around.

• That was painful.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

No doubt. Personally, I don't doubt that McCain is an honorable war hero. I have seen no reason to make me doubt this. The man certainly doesn't get my vote in the GE, however.

why would an "honorable" war hero who is a POW dismiss reports of other surviving POW's as urban legend or compare them to UFO sightings? Something in that makes me feel that he's got some serious skeletons in his closet that are related to that experience.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all are familiar with McCain's part in the USS Forrestal mishap that killed 134 US sailors in 1967, aren't y'all?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Y'all are familiar with McCain's part in the USS Forrestal mishap that killed 134 US sailors in 1967, aren't y'all?

No.

No.

Well, google is your friend.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

No.

He was sitting in the cockpit of a jet, on the deck of the USS Forrestal, when a rocket from another aircraft was accidently launched and hit McCain's aircraft in the fuel tank. The boat subsequently burned and killed 134 people and injured 61. McCain escaped without injury.

The ship was preparing to launch a major strike and many fully fueled and armed aircraft were parked about the deck. At 10:52 AM a 5" ZUNI rocket accidentally fired from an F-4 Phantom parked on the starboard side of the ship and pointed inboard. The rocket impacted an armed A-4 Skyhawk (piloted by then-LCDR, now Senator, John McCain) parked on the port side.

The rocket's impact dislodged and ruptured the Skyhawk's 400-gallon external fuel tank and ignited the jet fuel which poured out. A 1000-pound bomb also fell to the deck, into the spreading pool of flaming jet fuel. Within 90 seconds the bomb "cooked off" and detonated. That explosion resulted in a chain reaction as the closely-packed aircraft were first engulfed in and then contributed to a massive fire with repeated high-order bomb detonations. The ship's "plat" cameras, mounted on the island and embedded in the deck itself, provided ample video coverage of the initial accident and the subsequent catastrophe.

• Y'all are familiar with McCain's part in the USS Forrestal mishap that killed 134 US sailors in 1967, aren't y'all?

No.

He was sitting in the cockpit of a jet, on the deck of the USS Forrestal, when a rocket from another aircraft was accidently launched and hit McCain's aircraft in the fuel tank. The boat subsequently burned and killed 134 people and injured 61. McCain escaped without injury.

surely this isn't harvey's googled version.

his "part"? what do you mean?

No.

The ship was preparing to launch a major strike and many fully fueled and armed aircraft were parked about the deck. At 10:52 AM a 5" ZUNI rocket accidentally fired from an F-4 Phantom parked on the starboard side of the ship and pointed inboard. The rocket impacted an armed A-4 Skyhawk (piloted by then-LCDR, now Senator, John McCain) parked on the port side.

The rocket's impact dislodged and ruptured the Skyhawk's 400-gallon external fuel tank and ignited the jet fuel which poured out. A 1000-pound bomb also fell to the deck, into the spreading pool of flaming jet fuel. Within 90 seconds the bomb "cooked off" and detonated. That explosion resulted in a chain reaction as the closely-packed aircraft were first engulfed in and then contributed to a massive fire with repeated high-order bomb detonations. The ship's "plat" cameras, mounted on the island and embedded in the deck itself, provided ample video coverage of the initial accident and the subsequent catastrophe.

Yep, and...

Surviving crewmen and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his A-4. 'Wet-starts', done either deliberately (the starter motor switch allowed kerosene to pool in the engine and give a wet start) or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. In McCain's case, the 'wet-start' 'cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fueltank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb bomb off it's 500 lb rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire. The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration, along with 167 of his fellow Forrestal shipmates (including those who died later from wounds suffered). 'Wet starting' was a common practice among young 'hot-dog' pilots. McCain was quickly (they were still counting the Forrestal dead) transferred to the USS Oriskany (the only Forrestal crewman to be immediately transferred).

The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration, along with 167 of his fellow Forrestal shipmates

sounds like more than 134 people killed actually.

this does present some nice swift-boating material.

really though I think when push comes to shove the men behind the men behind the swiftboaters will shut them down. sure McCain is a "maverick" or whatever, but when the alternative is Barack or Hillary I don't think a lot of these conservatives will go out of their way to sink him.

Here is what I found on one of the few sites that claim McCain "caused" the Forrestal disaster........sound familar??

McCain's various stories never added up. Somehow, he was at the center of the USS Forrestal fire. His father covered up the biggest war crime in American naval history, the USS Liberty attack, and saved Israel. Now, McCain is shot down over Vietnam, and the Jewish/Communists supposedly tortured him half to death? After what McCain's father did for the Communists, he could have demanded anything.

The Zionists cooked the Forrestal story for a reason. They said McCain was on the catapult, but video shows he wasn't.

Whether Obama, Clinton, or McCain get elected doesn't matter. They will all do what the Zionists tell them to do. The Americans will need a fiscal collapse to motivate them, and then they will seek a electoral impeachment/recall.

[/b]

Here is what I found on one of the few sites that claim McCain "caused" the Forrestal disaster........sound familar??

McCain's various stories never added up. Somehow, he was at the center of the USS Forrestal fire. His father covered up the biggest war crime in American naval history, the USS Liberty attack, and saved Israel. Now, McCain is shot down over Vietnam, and the Jewish/Communists supposedly tortured him half to death? After what McCain's father did for the Communists, he could have demanded anything.

The Zionists cooked the Forrestal story for a reason. They said McCain was on the catapult, but video shows he wasn't.

Whether Obama, Clinton, or McCain get elected doesn't matter. They will all do what the Zionists tell them to do. The Americans will need a fiscal collapse to motivate them, and then they will seek a electoral impeachment/recall.

[/b]

If 10 people acknowledge that the sky is blue...and one of those 10 also thinks that Zionists run the world...doesn't mean that the sky isn't indeed blue.

Keep trying though...

[/b]

If 10 people acknowledge that the sky is blue...and one of those 10 also thinks that Zionists run the world...doesn't mean that the sky isn't indeed blue.

Keep trying though...

I'm talking about the guy who says the sky is red.

[/b]

Keep trying though...

HERE WE GO!!!

Yeah, by some of y'all's apparent way of thinking 50+% of the world is anti-Jew/anti-Zionist.

Even if that is indeed true...

Doesn't mean that the observations and conclusions drawn by that 50+% on any given topic are all then automatically bunk across the board.

People can very well be wrong in one area and right in any other....at the same time.

I know I'm blowing your minds with this, but it's true.

Yeah, by some of y'all's apparent way of thinking 50+% of the world is anti-Jew/anti-Zionist.

Even if that is indeed true...

Doesn't mean that the observations and conclusions drawn by that 50+% on any given topic are all then automatically bunk across the board.

People can very well be wrong in one area and right in any other....at the same time.

I know I'm blowing your minds with this, but it's true.

I think about 75% of these conspiracy theory wingnuts ARE anti-Jew/anti-Zionist.

Luckily, they only make up about 0.0000002% of the population.

but the percentage of theories that harvey posts and can be traced to websites featuring blatantly anti-Semitic material approaches 100%. it's definitely a recurring theme with him. we've seen it time and again.

fuck it yes it does. a racist anti-Semite is wrong about everything as far as I'm concerned. Heidegger, Wagner, I see no value in these peoples' art or ideas if they're otherwise a vile racist. I doubt you'd give the benefit of the doubt to someone who hated black people on some "well the Grand Wizard of the KKK actually wrote a very good cookbook on Southern cuisine that you should look into...." fusk that.

I'm out of this thread for good; these shits get me too heated.

the McCain thing is interesting though.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    If anything remotely like this happened with a democrat they'd already be out of the race... how come democrats cant say shit without sounding like a conspiracy theorist? Is it just pure control of the media on the republicans part? Or are we just big pussies who wont play the game you need to play to win? Do they just phrase more correctly and in more of a venue than we usually do? It just seems like Dems cant even talk about shit like this... where something mundane as a flagpin will bring our candidate down.

but the percentage of theories that harvey posts and can be traced to websites featuring blatantly anti-Semitic material approaches 100%. it's definitely a recurring theme with him. we've seen it time and again.

Yeah dude, you've got it all figured out.

I search google for information that in many cases I learned of off-line. I only look at the relavent page, it has the info I'm getting at, so I link it for that information. You then click on that page, and then every other page linked to that page, find something anti-Semitic, and of course it becomes my main objective for posting info that has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. We've seen it time and again.

fuck it yes it does. a racist anti-Semite is wrong about everything as far as I'm concerned. Heidegger, Wagner, I see no value in these peoples' art or ideas if they're otherwise a vile racist. I doubt you'd give the benefit of the doubt to someone who hated black people on some "well the Grand Wizard of the KKK actually wrote a very good cookbook on Southern cuisine that you should look into...." fusk that.

I'm out of this thread for good; these shits get me too heated.

All I've done here is point you in the direction of what you even call yourself some interesting info on McCain.

Anything beyond that is you just getting "heated" because well...that's what you do.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I search google for information that in many cases I learned of off-line. I only look at the relavent page, it has the info I'm getting at, so I link it for that information. You then click on that page, and then every other page linked to that page, find something anti-Semitic, and of course it becomes my main objective for posting info that has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. We've seen it time and again.

a conspiracy theory on harvey's need to have conspiracy theory. Made by the (straw)man himself.

the ironic thing is if I looked up enough of his posts I'd see ties to anti-semitic rants

If anything remotely like this happened with a democrat they'd already be out of the race... how come democrats cant say shit without sounding like a conspiracy theorist? Is it just pure control of the media on the republicans part? Or are we just big pussies who wont play the game you need to play to win? Do they just phrase more correctly and in more of a venue than we usually do? It just seems like Dems cant even talk about shit like this... where something mundane as a flagpin will bring our candidate down.

Or it's not true.

Nothing is true until Rock says it's true.

Now, if only anyone besides Rock would get that through their thick skulls.

• a 5" ZUNI rocket