Remember the dead dog art piece?

Comments

• HammerofHeretics (21 minutes ago)
    I'll never feel bad about not being able to send my kids to an Ivy League school again.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    Yale Student, Artificially Inseminates Herself, Tapes Miscarriages For Art Project[/b]

Thank God I only studied science in school so I never had to meet any of these idiots.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The news shouldn't give the time of day to these attention whores

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm pretty disgusted by this whole 'art project' thing...but the real travesty is that girl's bangs. Seriously, pay more than $10 for a haircut, sister.

lmho

Carolee Schneeman did it better.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I could only get through about 30 seconds of her self righteous drivel. seriously I used to pour beer on kids like this at college parties.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I'm pretty disgusted by this whole 'art project' thing...but the real travesty is that girl's bangs. Seriously, pay more than $10 for a haircut, sister.

lmho

Is she the one who painted paintings with her menstrual blood?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    seriously I used to pour beer on kids like this at college parties.

Gee, that's so hard to believe - one could never guess from your
    online persona that you would ever behave like that

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

That was the best thing she could come up with? What a farce.

seriously I used to pour beer on kids like this at college parties.

Gee, that's so hard to believe - one could never guess from your
    online persona that you would ever behave like that

hey I resent the image that my nickname Chad clearly invokes in your head!

haha I know my comment conjured images of a meathead at a frat party harassing sensitive art students. the truth is I certainly surrounded myself with a fair number of people who "looked like" this chick and did their art or music thing or whatever, but man Berkeley was full of people like this chick who are totally full of themselves and need to STFU sometimes. her little speech was a great example of the soapbox schitt I would see at house parties and co-op parties and open mics and whatever back in my college days...

I mean, did you watch that youtube clip? and did you not sorta wanna pour beer on her? if not you are a stronger-willed man than I...

mmmmmm I wanna beer right now.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I mean, did you watch that youtube clip?

I must admit I did not.

I was known for pulling the plug on obnoxious
    bands at loft parties BITD, though. I remember
    this horrible pseudo-jam-band wailing away and I just
    walked over to the power strip and threw the switch.
    Everybody cheered, and the poor guys looked so defeated
    as they just packed up and left the stage.

lmho

Is she the one who painted paintings with her menstrual blood?

It was a theme in her work Fresh Blood, but she didn't go that far in her other art to my knowledge.

I'm just excited to see a refreshing new artist on the scene. I predict big things from ol' girl.

Seriously though it seems like repeated abortions/induced miscarriages over a long period of time may affect her ability to have children down the line? I'm sure she's considered these important factors, though.

Now about that dead dog exhibit, I recently recieved an online petition against that dude. APparently he's been invited to some prestigious art exhibition in Spain and may reprise his work? Or maybe fools are just still pissed about the dog thing he did last time? In any case the petition was somewhat confusing...

• What a waste of time and somebody's money. Please tell me she didn't get a grant for this. DUMB.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Alright strutters speak up, who's dating her?

- spidey

I mean, did you watch that youtube clip? and did you not sorta wanna pour beer on her? if not you are a stronger-willed man than I...

You could make pouring beer on these people YOUR art project. It would be no worse.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    No, it would be better.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Speaking of dog art...

http://www.made-in-england.org/998

Eh, could look nice with the sofa...

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    shits fake btw

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I like that her last name is "Shvarts". lol.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Now about that dead dog exhibit, I recently recieved an online petition against that dude. APparently he's been invited to some prestigious art exhibition in Spain and may reprise his work? Or maybe fools are just still pissed about the dog thing he did last time? In any case the petition was somewhat confusing...

It may have confused you because I don't think the author was a native english speaker... but yes, he has been asked to do this "piece" again and I'd encourage folks to sign the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html

• why doesn't someone just untie it?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    why doesn't someone just untie it?

See, that would be art. A triumph of the human spirit. And no, I'm not joking.

As for Schvarts, if she's unable to have children after this, that sounds like Darwinism at work to me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The self-documenting thang had been around for minute.

I forget their name but one big piece was a woman who recorded what i think was either plastic surgery or her breast removal.

Then there was this woman who taped herself having sex w/ a dealer that would end up purchasing the disc. Commentary on money and art pimpin'.

It is what it is.

• The self-documenting thang had been around for minute.

I forget their name but one big piece was a woman who recorded what i think was either plastic surgery or her breast removal.

Then there was this woman who taped herself having sex w/ a dealer that would end up purchasing the disc. Commentary on money and art pimpin'.

It is what it is.

Didn't the lady who had sex with a collector also sell one of her bones? May have been a different artist...Anyway, it was originally displayed as an XRay of said bone, and the collector would then get the bone after it was surgically removed.

My favorite of these was Lynn Hershman, who lived as 'Roberta Bereitmore,' for a few years. Got a new I.D., lived as a different person altogether. THAT is more extreme than a brief surgery...Apparently, it fucked her up pretty good afterword.

But, agreed- shock value and self-documentation aren't anything new. It is a shame that these are the pieces of art that always end up garnering headlines.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My favorite of these was Lynn Hershman, who lived as 'Roberta Bereitmore,' for a few years. Got a new I.D., lived as a different person altogether. THAT is more extreme than a brief surgery...Apparently, it fucked her up pretty good afterword.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

that could be the truth, or an attempt avoid a PR disaster.

my first reaction to this was that all the bitch was really saying to us was "I cant paint".

I had wondered what doctor was supplying her with the drugs for this -- not to mention the other component needed for her so-called art project.

But didn't the article state that there was video footage of her having miscarriages in a bathtub?

All in all, this being a fictionalized scenario to garner attention makes it little better than a bomb threat.

All in all, this being a fictionalized scenario to garner attention makes it little better than a bomb threat.

Not getting how this compares to making a (fake) bomb threat.
    Faking one's own pregancies and miscarriages vs the potential chaos and cruel nature of threatening lives.

What art is made without the hopes of garnering attention?
    As far as achieving what art is supposed to do, she was successful imo.

That bitch!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I think the best one, don't know if it's fake or not, is the world's longest poop. She's got a funny training and preparation routine. Committed.

NSFW link below.......

26 foot long doo doo (NSFW, some pictures, and dirty links next to it)