SUMMER ANTHEMS (2008 edition)

13»

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    "Summer jamz" post late 90s = Here one week, gone the next tripe a cat stuck in a room with a Casio keyboard could pull off.

But hey, I can't do any better and it gets the club kidz crazy, so who I am to judge?

For some reason, the John Saxon-y guy in cashless' avatar makes me laugh every time.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    certified dorks

Dude, stop.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For real, you keep a photo of me in your photobucket account?

Rock, you've got nothing in the stalker department next to this pot-bellied kook from "the islands".

Simple soulstrut boolean search, homecut. But you're right, that is a picture of a dude deeply connected to the streets.

Was I the one who surrounded himself with a group of lil dudes who collectively had never seen the inside of a club, let alone ever did any dirt in the streets?

Far as I could tell, you were an awkward uber-dork who utilized nothing but your skin color to fool people who didn't know any better that you were "so hood".

Your dumb ass stooped so low as to let the very Austin that you claim to be small potatoes eat you up and spit you out.

What a career bitch you are in every detectable way.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Rock, you've got nothing in the stalker department next to this pot-bellied kook from "the islands".

Simple soulstrut boolean search, homecut. But you're right, that is a picture of a dude deeply connected to the streets.

Was I the one who surrounded himself with a group of lil dudes who collectively had never seen the inside of a club, let alone ever did any dirt in the streets?

Far as I could tell, you were an awkward uber-dork who utilized nothing but your skin color to fool people who didn't know any better that you were "so hood".

Your dumb ass stooped so low as to let the very Austin that you claim to be small potatoes eat you up and spit you out.

This is gold.

I ask you: does anybody bring it to hateurs, carpetbaggeurs, bloggeurs and blowed-doubteurs quite like our man Shied?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Okay so "Love in this club" is like the song for spring

god no

The group of girls on Friday night who would not stop demanding that I play Mac Dre bugged out when I played "Love In This Club."

The TI/Young Jeezy remix makes it a little more "club compliant"

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/cdt1vy

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Dude, stop. This shit is laughable. Dirt is the streets? lol. I guess you're banging in little rock all day?! lol. You lived in FRIENDS[/b]wood when you were in the Houston area!!![/b] I'm from MF Fondren SW, fool. You couldn't walk on my street now or anytime. Your only connection to whats even mildly street is Youtube. Hell, you were surprised that a grade schooler knew "Mo City Don"!!! lol. Frickin' sorority Becky's know that shit. You ain't even THAT connected.

I never claimed to be "hood" in that manner of doing gangster shit (which I guess you are doing now). I'm from the hood, without question. Not there now, for obvious reasons, but damn dude Austin spitting someone/ANYONE out?

Seriously, stop. This shit is corny.

This is gold.

I ask you: does anybody bring it to hateurs, carpetbaggeurs, bloggeurs and blowed-doubteurs quite like our man Shied?

Would be gold if it were remotely even true.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This is gold.

I dunno--I think if Shied were to restrict himself to facts/conventional logic, his comedic abilities would be greatly impaired.

This is gold.

I dunno--I think if Shied were to restrict himself to facts/conventional logic, his comedic abilities would be greatly impaired.

I enjoyed his bizarro world comment to Rootlesscosmo about not being able to step on the cali streets or something like that. I mean, when I think gangsta, only one name comes to mind; R. Gabriel.

• THIS THRAED IS A BAY-FICIAL HEAUXD ANTHEM

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Mo City Don: Becky Approved.

Dude, stop. This shit is laughable. Dirt is the streets? lol. I guess you're banging in little rock all day?! lol. You lived in FRIENDS[/b]wood when you were in the Houston area!!![/b] I'm from MF Fondren SW, fool. You couldn't walk on my street now or anytime. Your only connection to whats even mildly street is Youtube. Hell, you were surprised that a grade schooler knew "Mo City Don"!!! lol. Frickin' sorority Becky's know that shit. You ain't even THAT connected.

I never claimed to be "hood" in that manner of doing gangster shit (which I guess you are doing now). I'm from the hood, without question. Not there now, for obvious reasons, but damn dude Austin spitting someone/ANYONE out?

Naw dude...YOU STOP.

I never would have ever met your chump ass (and stood right up to your flabby chest even though you had some other 250 pound loser with you and all I had was my 120 lb girl with me) had you not been for you being mad at me first (at a time when I didn't even know who you were). That has always been your whole orientation to me...100% asshurt.

And here you are 12 years later pulling the same bullshit.

You want to pretend all of this utter crap. One of your main dudes from back then was from Friendswood, not me. I lived in Clear Lake for 3 years because that's where my parents moved while I was still in high school.

I live in the hood now...the same one where my wife grew up. So yeah, you run right away from what you seem to think gives you some sort of validation as an authority on the streets.

I've never bought it. And I will never buy it. So quit trying to sell it.

TO ME, YOU ARE A 100% BITCH.

You had your chance to do something way back when and you didn't do anything but scream like a baby.

Then you made peace. Then you got mad again. Then you made peace. Then you got mad again. And again and again and again.

And it's not like any of those times that you got mad I was doing a damned thing to you directly, or even indirectly.

You are just permanently asshurt that I exist without giving a fuck about what you supposedly are. I stood up to your punk ass and was ready for anything and that obviously still gets to you in the worst possible way.

So realize that already, deal with your own internal issues, and MOVE THE FUCK ON.

Naw dude...YOU STOP.

I never would have ever met your chump ass (and stood right up to your flabby chest even though you had some other 250 pound loser with you and all I had was my 120 lb girl with me) had you not been for you being mad at me first (at a time when I didn't even know who you were). That has always been your whole orientation to me...100% asshurt.

And here you are 12 years later pulling the same bullshit.

You want to pretend all of this utter crap. One of your main dudes from back then was from Friendswood, not me. I lived in Clear Lake for 3 years because that's where my parents moved while I was still in high school.

I live in the hood now...the same one where my wife grew up. So yeah, you run right away from what you seem to think gives you some sort of validation as an authority on the streets.

I've never bought it. And I will never buy it. So quit trying to sell it.

TO ME, YOU ARE A 100% BITCH.

You had your chance to do something way back when and you didn't do anything but scream like a baby.

Then you made peace. Then you got mad again. Then you made peace. Then you got mad again. And again and again and again.

And it's not like any of those times that you got mad I was doing a damned thing to you directly, or even indirectly.

You are just permanently asshurt that I exist without giving a fuck about what you supposedly are. I stood up to your punk ass and was ready for anything and that obviously still gets to you in the worst possible way.

So realize that already, deal with your own internal issues, and MOVE THE FUCK ON.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

summer jams summer jams summer jams summer jams

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Mo City Don: Becky Approved.

Those aren't Becky's.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    hey y'all! foxy brown's out of prison!!!

hey y'all! foxy brown's out of prison!!!

But the singles that have dropped sound like shit, Fame, Star Cry, The Quan.

OK, I finally checked that Pork & beans. I see what you're seeing.

Speaking of that "NuBass", as I like to call it. You checked Grind Mode's I'm so high?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/72977673d2cb9d/

Remix feat. Rick Ross.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    MY DOUGIE!

MY DOUGIE!

Plaese to check regional wariness by the time summer hits.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    too early to tell.

just for shits i played every song we talked about at the spot on friday... none of these got a reaction - yet. i did get a request for lollypop, but still to a lukewarm response. "shook ones pt 2" smashed em though.

too early to tell.

just for shits i played every song we talked about at the spot on friday... none of these got a reaction - yet. i did get a request for lollypop, but still to a lukewarm response. "shook ones pt 2" smashed em though.

I think your crowd might be a smidge backpackish, nothing wrong with that though. Lollipop should get a major reaction from anyone remotely familiar with hip-pop radio in 2008. It's super saturated.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    too early to tell.

I think your crowd might be a smidge backpackish, nothing wrong with that though. Lollipop should get a major reaction from anyone remotely familiar with hip-pop radio in 2008. It's super saturated.

actually, very little backpackery. 30% beckys, 30% meatheads and about 30% older black folks/hip hoppers and probably 10% backpacker (well, 10% is a smidge, i guess). its a fairly diverse crowd, not sure why lollypop didn't get em though. i'm sure if i play all those cuts in a month, it'll be a different story...