What's your moped style?

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    as far as anything new goes, i wouldnt touch ANY of it....except maybe this, which i think is actually pretty cool compared to anything on the market today (at least in america.....):

IMG src=http://www.motocentralscooters.com.au/images/sachs_madass.jpg>

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

nice...

i know a dude with one of these, a batavus and 2 puch maxi's in a barn. hopefully i can get some of them offa him. i wonder if he has titles....

You need titles for mopeds out there? We don't here in California, and I thought we had the most rigid laws.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Some of my scooters and the one I just bought for my girlfriend's birthday.

what model/year is that one?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

nice...

i know a dude with one of these, a batavus and 2 puch maxi's in a barn. hopefully i can get some of them offa him. i wonder if he has titles....

You need titles for mopeds out there? We don't here in California, and I thought we had the most rigid laws.

yep, registration and insurance. it sucks...

• nice...

i'm thinking about giving my VIN numbers to this dude who visits michigan and get it registered there for 6 dollars, as opposed to 125..

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

what model/year is that one?

That's the only one I ever restored. I built that from the ground up in my bedroom. Only thing I didn't do was shoot the paint. It is a 1978 50 Special converted to a 135cc engine. I used to drive that on the freeway all the time. It has the standard body from any Vespa Smallframe from 1963-1998.

I even made a spinner for it, but I only kept it for a week because it made it hard to turn left.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

nice...

We need all that stuff for 50cc scooters, but somehow, if it has pedals and doesn't exceed 25mph (no-one tests this) we get a one time moped plate for it and that's it...

• Has anybody riden a Honda Ruckus/Zoomer?

I am seriously considering buying one of these...

These f'ers look mean, and thats not easy for a scooter to do...

Anyone know anything about them?

Peace...
    Malta

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i had one of these back in the day

someone probably still riding it out in italy. it was a clunker, but i loved it