Which country has the worst food?

1235»

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Which country eats the worst, or has the worst available cuisine?

You can hate on McDonald's, but if you've never had proper Cajun cuisine from New Orleans, then you are sorely

And I'll take a Big Mac over haggis, any day. Not that I go to McDonald's.

The food in Louisiana is amazing, boudin, crawfish pies, shrimp po' boys, blackened alligator not to mentioned all the different kinds of smoked and/or honey-cured meats. To hate on american food is a display of ignorance and cultural stereotyping.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

And who needs salsa when you got this:

combined with

and

hands down, nothing is better than this at 10 o clock in the morning

Hahaha... that could have been me posting this... the Weisswurst breakfast is one of my most valued rituals... for a while, I lived in the painfully boring city of Freiburg in a house with all those vegetarian students; every Saturday and Sunday, I would sit in the garden at my fold-out table and have myself a nice Weisswurst breakfast while playing some polka Blasmusik on my boombox (anyone knows the Polkacide LP on Subterranean?)
    my personal record was 6 and a half pairs (13 single) of Weisswurst with 7 Liters of Weissbier and 4 or 5 of Williams Christ afterwards. Those were the days.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I am still trying to figure out what they hell I had a breakfast once in Munich...it was this fish jelly stuff...little white pieces of fish in this clear jelly...smelled like vinegar and dirty socks...tasted what I would imagine dirty socks and vinegar would taste like, godawful. Although I would say it was the 2nd worst thing I have ever eaten (1st being Natto) I owuld never say Germany has the worst food (nor Japan)...

This thread is hilarious though...lots of disconnected folks in here...anybody who said America has never had proper cajun/creole food, BBQ, top shelf Fried Chicken, soul food...any one who says England has never had one of the finest dishes ever invented, Beef Wellington..etc...

Glad to see, according to the Gordon Ramsay video, that I am truly a man as I have had rotten shark and didnt throw it up...dont make me get all viking on your ass!

I would say the most unremarkable cuisine I have ever had was Puerto Rican...boiled chicken and plantains...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    as a vegetarian i hated the food in the uk
    how can you fuck up spaghetti and tomato sauce?
    the indian food was wack as well
    thanks to the jamaican rasta men and home cookin i didn't starve but damm what a lame scene

meanwhile over in holland the food is comparable to NYC-anything and everything-[esp the indo,indian,health food]was amazing

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I would say the most unremarkable cuisine I have ever had was Puerto Rican...boiled chicken and plantains...

Nah........Puerto Rican Cuisine is incredible!

Where did u have that dish?

African/Spanish/Taino Creole mix of fresh island ingrediants = BOMB!!!

Ive been to a handfull of P.R. Thanxgivings that blow my Soul Food & Caucasoid EXPs out of the water.

Fresh Homeade Pasteles......
    Puerto Rican Coffee................WHAT...and i dont drink coffee like that.
    Roast Pork!!!!
    Adobo Pork Chops.

Puerto Rican Grandma cuisine > Puerto Rican restaurant steez.

Paging Garcia Vega......

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Ive been to a handfull of P.R. Thanxgivings that blow my Soul Food & Caucasoid EXPs out of the water.

Roast Pork!!!!
    Adobo Pork Chops.

Paging Garcia Vega......

to be fair, it was this Puerto rican restaurant in Texas...so prolly not the best....what you are describing to me reminds me of Peruvian, which I absolutely love...sucks the only Peruvian spots I have ever come across have been in L.A. and London.

kala...can see what you mean about vegetarian stuff being few and far between in the UK, but Indian food wack in the UK? dont see how this is possible, I loved the Indian food in the UK, and a place like Nottingham has like 18 indian spots per square mile...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Roast Pork!!!!
    Adobo Pork Chops.

Paging Garcia Vega......

to be fair, it was this Puerto rican restaurant in Texas...so prolly not the best....what you are describing to me reminds me of Peruvian, which I absolutely love...sucks the only Peruvian spots I have ever come across have been in L.A. and London.

Yeah, that's probably the case.
    I used to hear that the Tex-Mex in NYC was a bad bastardized version of the real deal. Tex-Mex being different from Mexican.