• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The UK.

Fuck the food out there on the real...

disgusting

fried snickers and mars?

Snickers = No
    Marathon = Yes

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    seen a documentary about fast food in britain. 5-year old girls eating a whole deep fried mars bar almost made me throw up!

i guess i'd try it. not a whole bar though.

seen a documentary about fast food in britain. 5-year old girls eating a whole deep fried mars bar almost made me throw up!

i guess i'd try it. not a whole bar though.

this is mainly in Scotland, a Glasgow phenomenon.
    Honestly, people do NOT walk the street eating this stuff.
    But if you get the urge, try. It won't kill you.
    Guaranteed if it were in tempura batter some conosultant would be extolling this shit.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the link above made me come across this healthy recipe for british children. YUMMY!

healthy lunch for britkids

it's butter, plus more fat, plus whitebread, plus tomatos, plus eggs, plus ham, plus mushrooms. really, all you ever need is in there!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    AMERICA HAS THE WORST FOOD...........SHHH

So in some places they eat dog, I rather eat mcdonalds than have to eat Lassie sandwiches.

at least the dog gets to grow naturally.

I heard Cuba's cuisine is wack.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    LOL at "Pizza was invented in America"

The thin bread thing with sauce and cheese? You done your homework? Pretty sure that it changed significantly in the ole US of A, from gourmet bread assemblage to rapidly producable semi-nutritious circle bite. I could be wrong, but what most of the world knows as pizza was born in the United States.

Happily awaiting your next criticism,
    Zach.

The thin bread thing with sauce and cheese? You done your homework? Pretty sure that it changed significantly in the ole US of A, from gourmet bread assemblage to rapidly producable semi-nutritious circle bite. I could be wrong, but what most of the world knows as pizza was born in the United States.

Zach.

regional ingrediants on heated Doe is old country stuff.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    All this hate on Cuba is a little much. I've never been to the actual island so I can't tell you, but here in NY Cuban cuisine is pretty damn good, and no it is not an Americanized version. Go into any good Cuban restaurant, order the ropa vieja and tell me its not good. Or have some roast pork, or a cubano sandwich. Haters.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i kinda like the british food though. big sucker for the tomato bean thing and their sandwiches...

All this hate on Cuba is a little much. I've never been to the actual island so I can't tell you, but here in NY Cuban cuisine is pretty damn good, and no it is not an Americanized version. Go into any good Cuban restaurant, order the ropa vieja and tell me its not good. Or have some roast pork, or a cubano sandwich. Haters.

True dat. A slow cooked Pork roast is that shit.

Like I said - "I heard".

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Costa Rica.

wha??? B> ceviche [/b] =

tho i did eat a sandwich there last month that gave me 48 hrs of dysentery.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I think Finnish food would be the worst.

American BBQ being the ultimate pinnacle of all cuisine ever in the history of the world.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Louisiana Cajun/Creole[/b] being the ultimate pinnacle of all cuisine ever in the history of the world.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Seriously, unless you are going somewhere knowingly 3rd world where existing > cuisine, you shouldn't have trouble finding decent food if you ask what the deal is beforehand.

If you eat "Blind" in any city, any country, your mileage will always vary. I have enjoyed fantastic and bland meals in many places. I just forget the bland ones.

Please don't cite The Colonel, The Clown or The King as being representative of your local food experience - would you go digging in the Virgin Megastore?

Tell you what the worst meal I've ever had was - some balinese dessert which resembled tiny dead albino worms in warm clear jelly. It tasted like coconut mush eaten out of a tramp's boot. The locals had a taste for it though.

The best was Thai King Prawns in Satay sauce on Lemongrass skewers in Tom Yums, Hong Kong. Unbelieveably tasty.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what about german food?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Definately yours.

And definately not mine.

I think Finnish food would be the worst.

How can fresh fish be the worst on the planet.

This all comes down to culture.

A dude from Greenland is gonna have way different standards from the dude in New Guinea.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    what about german food?

I spent 2 weeks staying with a German family on a school exchange. I don't remember the food too well, but cold meats/pates and nasty dry breads, are what I do remember eating a lot of.

I don't like most eastern european traditional food. But there are some things from most places that are tasty.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    LOL at people judging a nation's cuisine by its fast food

• SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts

Zach.

Nope. The origins of Pizza can be found in ancient Greece ("pita") and other Mediterranean countries, but Pizza as we know it today (flat bread with tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, olive oil and cheese) was invented in the late 18th century in Naples, Italy. What is regarded as the world's first Pizzeria is a reestaurant called "Antica Pizzeria Port???Alba". They started making Pizza in 1738 but it wasn't until 1830, that they actually created a sit-down environment. They still serve Pizza there today.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    In high school, I did a home stay in Israel while studying abroad. While some friends were living it up, placed with some Israeli fast food magnate's family, me and my boy got stuck with a real poor russian family; they were real nice, but dinner, every night, was straight up, bring out the borscht and fruitbowl. For a week. NAGL

• SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts
    what about german food?

Quite tasty, especially food from the country side. A lot of Americans compare it to Soul food - minus hot sauce and spices. Pork chops, mashed poptatoes, red cabbage, gravy, mushroom sauce .. got stuff. Goes down really well with a wheat beer (Weizenbier). Definetely heavy food.

Zach.

Nope. The origins of Pizza can be found in ancient Greece ("pita") and other Mediterranean countries, but Pizza as we know it today (flat bread with tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, olive oil and cheese) was invented in the late 18th century in Naples, Italy. What is regarded as the world's first Pizzeria is a reestaurant called "Antica Pizzeria Port???Alba". They started making Pizza in 1738 but it wasn't until 1830, that they actually created a sit-down environment. They still serve Pizza there today.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what about german food?

Quite tasty, especially food from the country side. A lot of Americans compare it to Soul food - minus hot sauce and spices. Pork chops, mashed poptatoes, red cabbage, gravy, mushroom sauce .. got stuff. Goes down really well with a wheat beer (Weizenbier). Definetely heavy food.

the days of gravy and meat are over

What's Canadian Cuisine consist of?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what about german food?

I spent 2 weeks staying with a German family on a school exchange. I don't remember the food too well, but cold meats/pates and nasty dry breads, are what I do remember eating a lot of.

you stayed in the ruhrpott... which is most leikely the non-fanciest place in germany.

it depends on the family you live in. cold meat plates and nasty dry breads were a no go in my family.

germany is the country of bread though. some 800 different types? i can't remember, but germany is the world record holder of bread and beer.

i dislike most german food. except for the southern german food maybe.