CNN projects Obama wins VA!

1235»

Comments

• go it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Here's a list:

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/01/superdelegates-who-havent-endorsed.html

It would hurt to send your people an email.

• look at this clown!!....

When I saw this on CNN.com this morning, the first thing I thought of was Fatback.

look at this clown!!....

When I saw this on CNN.com this morning, the first thing I thought of was Fatback.

I saw it at work and I had go into the stairwell and run up and down the stairs to keep from flipping out.

I saw it at work and I had go into the stairwell and run up and down the stairs to keep from flipping out.

what is the story behind this picture?

Hahah. ADRIANNnnn

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    like godamn she pulled off his gnads or something

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm having trouble following this thread, but can someone break it down for me? Obama isn't in yet? Or has Hillary won the preselection?

look at this clown!!....

i guess she's "taking off the gloves" because up until now she's been going easy on the boy.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    "But the former KGB lieutenant colonel appeared to lash out at U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton a leading Democratic candidate for president_ when one reporter quoted her as saying that former KGB officers have no soul: ??At a minimum, a head of state should have a head, Putin said.[/b]"

http://www.pr-inside.com/at-a-valedictory-press-conference-putin-r439731.htm

• Pelosi: Don't overrule the voters

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- who may be the most super delegate of all as chair of the Democratic national convention in Denver -- gave an interview with Bloomberg TV's Al Hunt in which she laid down the law for super delegates:

Don't veto the people's choice.

"I think there is a concern when the public speaks and there is a counter-decision made to that," she said, adding quickly, "I don't think that will happen."

She said the governors, lawmakers, DNC members and others picked as super delegates are chosen through a grassroots process and are accountable to the party's voters.

"I do think that they have a respect -- it's not just following the returns, it's also having a respect for what has been said by the people," Pelosi said. "It would be a problem for the party if the verdict would be something different than the public has decided."

That message will be music to the ears of Barack Obama, who's building a lead in pledged delegates and is urging the super delegates to follow the voters. He now leads 1,133 to 996 in pledged delegates, while Hillary Clinton has a 242-163 edge among super delegates, according to the latest tally by RealClearPolitics. Obama holds the overall edge, 1296-1238.

Pelosi had one more stunner in the interview: She said the Florida and Michigan delegates should not be seated if those delegates would decide the nomination.

"Well, I don't think that any states that operated outside the rules of the party can be dispositive of who the nominee is. That is to say they can't make the difference because then we would have no rules," she said.

Pelosi added, "But I do think that the best outcome for us is if one of the candidates pulls ahead and this issue is disposed of long before we get to the convention. We certainly don't want to ignore Florida and Michigan, but we can't ignore the rules which everyone else played by."

For a play-it-safe speaker who's pledged to stay neutral, these are sharp words. And she will be one of key referees if this fight isn't settled before Denver.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Pelosi had one more stunner in the interview: She said the Florida and Michigan delegates should not be seated if those delegates would decide the nomination.

"Well, I don't think that any states that operated outside the rules of the party can be dispositive of who the nominee is. That is to say they can't make the difference because then we would have no rules," she said.

Pelosi added, "But I do think that the best outcome for us is if one of the candidates pulls ahead and this issue is disposed of long before we get to the convention. We certainly don't want to ignore Florida and Michigan, but we can't ignore the rules which everyone else played by."

For a play-it-safe speaker who's pledged to stay neutral, these are sharp words. And she will be one of key referees if this fight isn't settled before Denver.

So the FL & MI delegates would potentially be counted only if they wouldn't make any diference? That's a little silly, even if it's probably the most judicious way to go about it. I reiterate my stance that Hillary would never take it to that level, though. Especially now.

• I think what they will do is seat the delegates and split them down the middle.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I think what they will do is seat the delegates and split them down the middle.

Makes even more sense. In other news:

Bill Clinton: Obama's ignoring my White House legacy

Apparently, Mr. Obama IS running against two people. Every time William Jefferson Clinton opens his mouth, he erodes the respect I have for him.

• i'm with this 100%. its painful to watch cnn/msnbc and hear the constant clinton hate...coming from democrats.

• Bill Clinton sounds asshurt.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    More winning strategy from the Clinton camp.

???Winning Democratic primaries is not a qualification or a sign of who can win the general election. If it were, every nominee would win because every nominee wins Democratic primaries.???

Is it me or does it seem like they are starting to realize what they're up against? Bill is really looking like the personification of bitter Machiavellian partisanship, while Obama is just radiating this national feeling of unity, realistic or not. The man is movement, and Hil looks worse with every attack. The train has left the station.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Additional delusions of grandeur, as reported by CNN (text is below).

Clinton adviser: The race will be over in June
    Posted: 05:22 PM ET
    (CNN) ??? One of Hillary Clinton???s senior advisers said Saturday on a conference call with reporters that the New York senator would have the nomination ???nail(ed) down??? after primary season voting ends in June, when Puerto Rico weighs in.

???At or about, certainly shortly after, the seventh of June, Hillary???s going to nail down this nomination. She???s going to have a majority of the delegates,??? Harold Ickes said, thanks to a combination of pledged delegates awarded through primary and caucus votes, and superdelegates ??? Democratic elected officials and party leaders who are free to choose any candidate they wish. Ickes is himself a superdelegate.

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe immediately responded to Ickes, saying in a statement the Clinton campaign was ???attempting to have superdelegates overturn the will of the Democratic voters, or change the rules they agreed to at the 11th hour in order to seat non-existent delegates from Florida and Michigan.

???The Clinton campaign should focus on winning pledged delegates as a result of elections, not these say-or-do-anything-to-win tactics that could undermine Democrats??? ability to win the general election,??? said Plouffe.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told a Bloomberg interviewer Friday that voter preferences and primary results should play a part in how superdelegates made their decision. DNC Chair Howard Dean later sent a memo to Talking Points Memo in which he said that ???their role is to exercise their best judgment??? of what is best for the party, but did not mention the pledged delegate result as a critical deciding factor.

Ickes ??? a Democratic National Committee member and Bill Clinton???s former White House deputy chief of staff ??? told reporters that neither of the Democratic White House hopefuls is close to winning the nomination, and that Obama was trying to prematurely call the primary season to a close.

???I understand Sen. Obama wants to rush to judgment on this deal and cut this thing down. You know, he???d like to be nominated right now. But there are a lot of delegates yet to be selected,??? he said, pointing out that 18 states and territories have yet to vote this primary season.

Ickes voted last year to penalize Michigan and Florida ??? who moved their primary votes up in violation of party instructions ??? to seat their delegation at the party???s nominating convention this summer. On Saturday, he said both states??? delegations should be seated, and the results of those contests should stand. Hillary Clinton won the primaries in Florida and in Michigan, where she was the only major Democratic candidate to appear on the ballot.

He also said the Clinton campaign should have paid more attention to caucus states, where Obama has done very well this year ??? an observation that has been made by other Clinton staffers in recent calls.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Additional delusions of grandeur, as reported by CNN (text is below).

Clinton adviser: The race will be over in June
    Posted: 05:22 PM ET
    (CNN) ??? One of Hillary Clinton???s senior advisers said Saturday on a conference call with reporters that the New York senator would have the nomination ???nail(ed) down??? after primary season voting ends in June, when Puerto Rico weighs in.

Boriquen power!