CNN projects Obama wins VA!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    well his momentum is pretty undeniable but this is far from being over. perhaps now that he is the front runner the media will stop giving him the soft ride which he most assuredly has been getting thus far.

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

I know I've gotten flack for saying that people hating on clinton smacks of sexism. But, seriously. Constantly referring to her as a bitch or a whore or judging her not on her merits but on her marriage DOES smack of sexism, and it is Frickin' TIRESOME, FRANK.

I mean, I'm riding for Obama too, but could we try to elevate the Frickin' discussion?

Feel free to flame away, and tell me I'm a faggit ClintonCunt rider. Whatever.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i been sitting here watching the worst president in the Hx of our country for TWO terms wreck the world.

and then this previous chump's wife tries to waltz in off some CLINTON brand and "experience"? please. i rolled my eyes when she moved to NY to set all this bullshit up. glad to see it end. all of it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Texas is my litmas.

She will win Texas ....The same way she won California,Nevada & Arizona.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I know I've gotten flack for saying that people hating on clinton smacks of sexism. But, seriously. Constantly referring to her as a bitch or a whore or judging her not on her merits but on her marriage DOES smack of sexism, and it is Frickin' TIRESOME, FRANK.

Seriously.

Holy Shit.....is Dolo taking his meds??

nah. i'm done. it just doesn't have that ring like it used to.

BITCH BITCH BITCH.

see? it's gone.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yeah Obama!

b/w

I mean, I'm riding for Obama too, but could we try to elevate the Frickin' discussion?

No one here thinks twice when GWB is called every possible name under the sun, yet when Hillary is called a bitch the "political correctness police" want to cry foul.

There are people who hate Hillary with all the venom and vitriol that most of you hate Bush.

Why is that hard to understand or deal with??

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    So the "hope" guy or the whiny suburban mom?
    On one hand you have a charismatic guy who can crap rainbows on command, inspire tens of thousands of Oprah fans, college kids & hollywood celebrities at every campaign stop.
    It's a good, successful combo of winning smiles, ambiguous platitudes & the possibility of making history by electing the first african-american president.
    The good news is Obama could really put this country on a progressive fast track to repair, significantly help ease racial tensions/injustices.....or he could put us on a centrist, corporate pandering, capitulating path to politics as usual.
    Though he ran a senatorial campaign with strong, vocal anti-Iraq war views in Illinois, his voting record & speech regarding the war since his election have been pretty safe & milquetoast...much like the rest of his voting record in general thus far in the US senate.
    Barack once stated that he considered Joe Lieberman his "senatorial mentor" & strongly urged Connecticut Democratic voters to throw their support behind Joe instead of staunch progressive/anti-Iraq war primary challenger Ned Lamont.
    This could however, be apart of his "big strategy" to get elected to president. I think it's morally a wrong-headed strategy, but if Obama does get elected POTUS and starts putting progressive agendas into practice...then more power to him I suppose.

Now Hillary, who still won't ever apologize for her Iraq war vote. Hey, she was mislead by the Bush administration! Great, so comforting to know that a mere citizen such as myself knew the ramp up to the Iraq war was a lying clusterfuck in the making, yet most of our US senators didn't.
    Oh yeah, she's taken more big pharma bribes than anyone in senate period.
    Basically, her voting record and legislative preferences reflect the desires of her corporate donorship, THEN the american people.
    Once you get caught up in the D.C. gasbag insider game, you just succeed the "fact" that "that's just how things are done" and how "real results happen"
    Hillary plants her campaign questioners, micro stages her every answer, reaction, buzz word/statement. Then has the audacity to take a whining, self-righteous, "you commoners just don't understand" perspective whenever she meets a question of substantive challenge.

At the end of the day, I give a half-assed endorsement for Barack Obama. At least he excites people and could end up being a progressive leader versus Hillary, in which case you know your gonna get a DLC-triangulating, corporate shilling bait 'n switch pony show.

PHEW!

Holy Shit.....is Dolo taking his meds??

nah. i'm done. it just doesn't have that ring like it used to.

BITCH BITCH BITCH.

see? it's gone.

Not you....the Astronut guy sounded like a lucid, kinder, gentler Dolo.

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

No one here thinks twice when GWB is called every possible name under the sun, yet when Hillary is called a bitch the "political correctness police" want to cry foul.

There are people who hate Hillary with all the venom and vitriol that most of you hate Bush.

not exactly a fair comparison dude. I mean, we have 8 yrs of abject failure as a basis on which to judge (read: "hate") W. the same cannot be said of Trillary.

Seriously.

listen. my use of bitch is gender neutral. you bunch of self righteous cunts. i honestly think this woman is an asshole. is that better? go ahead and ride for her. i'd rather see mccain in there.

Yeah Obama!

b/w

not exactly a fair comparison dude. I mean, we have 8 yrs of abject failure as a basis on which to judge (read: "hate") W. the same cannot be said of Trillary.

How many people do you want me to find you that don't think Bush has done a damn thing wrong.

Hillary and GWB are cut from the same cloth......pro politicians that have nothing but their own interests as priorities......that alone deserves hate.

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

Thanks for the lesson on moral relativism.

Yeah Obama!

b/w

How many people do you want me to find you that don't think Bush has done a damn thing wrong.

Hillary and GWB are cut from the same cloth......pro politicians that have nothing but their own interests as priorities......that alone deserves hate.

No. GWB needs to be executed or at the very least impeached. HRC needs to just go and STFU.

Hell. She didn't even bother to vote on the telecom bill today. you people need to do a little hw.

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

no I know what you're saying: there's people that hate Hillary and there's people that hate Bush.

but hating on a two-term president is a little different. you must admit W's provided a little more hate-able material than Hillary has.

(unless of course you wanna judge Hillary's years as first lady and ignore Bush's before he was ever elected. then we're veering back into sexist territory.)

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

^^^^NEEDS TO LOOK UP "MORAL RELATIVISM"^^^^

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

You're spouting textbook moral relativism. Perhaps you can correct me on this one?

• I'd be interested to hear from *actual* Clinton supporters, like KVH, what the plan would be if she does win Ohio and Texas. Clearly, her ability to win in many, many states is in question. It is conceivable that she could command a significant popular vote and still loose the majority of the electoral college, not unlike Mondale. Is this a concern for her supporters?

Mondale got 40% of the vote to Reagan's 51%, but lost all states except for Minnesota and D.C.

For the next three weeks the media is gonna slobber on Obama's nuts like you ain't never seen. It's gonna effect the outcomes in TX and OH in his favor. Not to mention, Obama has way more cash to spend in both markets b/w 100X more feet on the ground.

The longer she drags this out, the worse she's gonna look.

For the next three weeks the media is gonna slobber on Obama's nuts like you ain't never seen. It's gonna effect the outcomes in TX and OH in his favor. Not to mention, Obama has way more cash to spend in both markets b/w 100X more feet on the ground.

U really think shes gonna give up?

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

You're spouting textbook moral relativism. Perhaps you can correct me on this one?

lol. sure I'll correct you dude: no I'm not.

Rock tried to suggest W Hatred = Hillary Hatred. shit is absurd. W has been leader of the free world for 7+ years. whether you love or hate what he's done in office, he's nonetheless done a lot of shit in office. Hillary Hatred started before she was ever in [/b] office.

if you really think liberal (not to mention conservative) hatred of Bush (in the US and around the world) = conservative hatred of Hillary then it's you who's applying faulty relativism, not me. they are not the same thing; they obviously don't come from the same place.

she needs to. the longer she drags this on, the more she is saying "this is about me." she's already losing superdelegates, but i think she'll do the right thing. she might be an asswipe, but she's certainly not retarded.

• For the next three weeks the media is gonna slobber on Obama's nuts like you ain't never seen. It's gonna effect the outcomes in TX and OH in his favor. Not to mention, Obama has way more cash to spend in both markets b/w 100X more feet on the ground.

she needs to. the longer she drags this on, the more she is saying "this is about me." she's already losing superdelegates, but i think she'll do the right thing. she might be an asswipe, but she's certainly not retarded.

I do agree with this. The folks have spoken. HC should step aside....

I do agree with this. The folks have spoken. HC should step aside....

that's probably how i should have said it in the first place.

Yeah Obama!

b/w

Rock tried to suggest W Hatred = Hillary Hatred. shit is absurd. W has been leader of the free world for 7+ years. whether you love or hate what he's done in office, he's nonetheless done a lot of shit in office. Hillary Hatred started before she was ever in [/b] office.

if you really think liberal (not to mention conservative) hatred of Bush (in the US and around the world) = conservative hatred of Hillary then it's you who's applying faulty relativism, not me. they are not the same thing; they obviously don't come from the same place.

Hatred can't be rationalized in a "deserving/undeserving" formula.

You can think the hate is unjust, but you can't reason it away.

• ^^^^^Actually, I take that back. Not because it's false, but because it's irrelevant here.

classic flip-flop

• Yeah Obama!

b/w

I see where we're missing each other.

You're saying that using hateful words is either wrong or right depending on certain contexts.

I'm saying that no matter the context, using hateful words is always wrong. (And, yes, I realize I say some wrong and hateful things, so save it.)

Moral relativism vs. moral absolutism.

Are we clear now?

I hate being reduced to a grammarian. Thanks a lot.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

DING DONG