Super Tuesday

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I don't have too much faith in the American voting process. Especially after Bush was re-elected. Clinton taking california doesn't surprise me. I'd vote for Barack, but I doubt he'd win over in Vegas (whiteytown).

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/2/4/1458/59681/912/449613

^ Why should you vote obama?

- spidey

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    ugh california wtf.
    I blame hip hop.

• Like I said yesterday:

inter-minority hatred. spanish people hate "negritos". I mean ,shit, it happens amongst ourselves.

• I'm a bit disappointed but not at all surprised.

California is not as progressive as it's thought to be - at this point it's more centrist than anything. Clinton is the center candidate.

Obama did well - sometimes better than I expected - in "character" and "values" areas. The midwest, the south... Clinton did well in New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts... I thought MA might go to Obama but I'm not at all surprised that it didn't.

The question is, will the Democrats feel comfortable putting up another CA/NY/MA presidential candidate who can't win in the midwest and possibly the south?

I think Clinton can do well enough in the south, but if McCain picks up Huckabee on his ticket (which is being heavily discussed tonight) the Dems had better watch out.

This all makes a good case for Obama, even if it doesn't produce the delegates. Obama won in strategically important states for a general election, and that shouldn't be overlooked.

• ugh california wtf.

armchair liberals and suburban sprawl.

it is what it is.

explain. holmes.

• Also, check the method:

Obama raised $31m in January, Clinton $13m.

• GOD DAMNIT.

I knew this would happen. DAMN IT.

Obama should have gone on Sabado Gigante. Seriouslly though I think there is a Villarigosa link here that has been overlooked. Straight bullshit my people.

• GOD DAMNIT.

I knew this would happen. DAMN IT.

Obama should have gone on Sabado Gigante. Seriouslly though I think there is a Villarigosa link here that has been overlooked. Straight bullshit my people.

Man, if someone makes a jpeg of Obama and EL Chakal it would really make my night.

• Also I heard tell of more than a few young people who had to be reminded that today was Super Tuesday. That doesn't skew well for Obama.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I thought MA might go to Obama but I'm not at all surprised that it didn't.

The Clintons OWN Massachusetts. The wealthy liberals that run this
    place consider the Clintons their saviors. I thought maybe Teddy K
    endorsing Obama might shake things up, but the stranglehold is too
    strong. I will say this - Obama's people were out and making themselves
    heard today. Tons of supporters at the polls. I would almost have to guess
    that he carried the entire Boston/Cambridge urban area but couldn't beat the
    Clinton machine that rules the burbs.

• It looked like the Boston mayor helped Clinton split the city.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    as vulgar as it is, it does reveal the possibility that sexism superscedes racial bias in a presidential candidate? dont know if i used the term supercede correctly but you know what i mean. anyhow i see a black/female/any other ethnicity as prime minister here in canada before america ever gets close to the same with their president, you guys(i mean your country as a whole) did kinda elect bush 2 terms in a row?!?!

Ah, we already had a female PM. Not that she lasted long. But still...

I totally forgot about that! but there's the proof. Canada for president!

I can't think of a good female leader in world history.

(THAT'S SEXIST!)

seriously, someone help me out; I am stating objective fact: I can't think of one right now.

HellO?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Also, check the method:

Obama raised $31m in January, Clinton $13m.

^^^That's a major power move, regardless of what happened tonight.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

This all makes a good case for Obama, even if it doesn't produce the delegates. Obama won in strategically important states for a general election, and that shouldn't be overlooked.

I think this is the key point. The sky hasnt fallen yet, and he did way better than people thought he would just a few weeks ago.

And besides, looking at tonights results, I don't see how she does better then this.

• kerry wouldnt have been a bad prez, but he did not have any kind of what it took to connect with mainstream america. turd of a campaign with a turd face dude at the helm of his old money elite swiftboat. dems havent been running anyone that people get excited about...that people actually want to vote for...always staying with that old money.

taking huckabee as vp would help mccains credentials with gop evangelical nut base, but wouldnt it kill of independent support (god, id hope it would)

• kerry wouldnt have been a bad prez, but he did not have any kind of what it took to connect with mainstream america. turd of a campaign with a turd face dude at the helm of his old money elite swiftboat. dems havent been running anyone that people get excited about...that people actually want to vote for...always staying with that old money.

taking huckabee as vp would help mccains credentials with gop evangelical nut base, but wouldnt it kill of independent support (god, id hope it would)

DUDE HAD NO SWAGGER. NO SELLING OF SALTS TO NO SLUGS OF ANY SORT.

• again...woulda been a decent president. but what a putz

gore might have been a great president...but again, sackless.
    (dont forget that farenheit 911 scene in front of black congressional caucus)

• You all are suprised about Cali? Remember Prop 187. or the Governator?

Not to compare Hillary winning to that. I'd far rather see Hillary the nominee, than have Arnold as Governor or prop 187.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You all are suprised about Cali? Remember Prop 187. or the Governator?

Not to compare Hillary winning to that. I'd far rather see Hillary the nominee, than have Arnold as Governor or prop 187.

I don't see the connection between those three things. If you look at the voting patterns on all of the above, they have nothing in common.

• You all are suprised about Cali? Remember Prop 187. or the Governator?

I don't see the connection between those three things. If you look at the voting patterns on all of the above, they have nothing in common.

Yeah they do. They were all the wrong choice.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I see your bad CA voting patterns and raise you one 2004 Presidential Election.

• I see your bad CA voting patterns and raise you one 2004 Presidential Election.

Let's see.

One passed but failed proposition balances to 0
    State voted Blue but president went to red = 0
    One Governator = -1
    Hillary beats Obama = -1
    John McCain = -1

Either way, well played.

Disclaimer: This scoring system is not approved by the interweb argument commission.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I see your bad CA voting patterns and raise you one 2004 Presidential S[/b]election.

• Oh well, can't you see Bubbah Clinton strolling the White House lawn, stoned, in a robe, blowin' his sax?

I'm sure this has been discussed, but what would old Bubba's title be? First Man? First Gentleman?

I can just hear that First Man now blasting out the Baker Street solo into the quiet D.C. night air ...

• These results are burning my ass to say the least. Obama was supposed to be neck and neck with Clinton but he's not even at 33 percent!?!

Yeah - a lot of the pollsters are going to wonder wtf happened.

I mean, Obama didn't get beat...he got TROUNCED in CA.

Still hoping his numbers inch up throughout the night (polls are still open at some places here) but yeah, pretty disappointing.

Obama's California numbers now up to 42 percent (they were at 32 percent when the initial numbers came in). Clinton's margin of victory now at 9 percent, with 95 percent of the votes counted. And Obama won Alameda Co. and San Francisco so don't blame the Bay for any of this!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    anytime he damned well pleased

U.S. Attacks Baghdad for Four Days During Ramadan

December 16-19, 1998

Read up on your read ups...

http://www.ccmep.org/usbombingwatch/1998.htm#ramadan

Do you realize that after those raids Saddam finally gave up any hope of maintaing his WMD program and effectively ended it????

Do you realize that I could also mention illegal attacks against Serbia, Afghanistan, Haiti, Kosovo, and Sudan that all happened under Bill CLinton's direction?

• did hillary win any states that wouldnt be solidly democratic come November? who did well in the possible pick-up states that they will need to win? KVH? anyone?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Whatever. Fuck all ya'll Calitards. Thanks for putting McCain in the WH.

• did hillary win any states that wouldnt be solidly democratic come November? who did well in the possible pick-up states that they will need to win? KVH? anyone?

Clinton did well in Tennessee, Arkansas, and Oklahoma - however, I would be extremely worried about a repeat of 2004 if she were the Dem nominee. If Obama ends up as VP that might help, but many of his voters in these states in a general election will a) sit it out or b) go to McCain.

• wow - obama came out on top in the delegate count???!!?!?. that is a major. clinton has not succeeded in blunting his obamomentum.