Super Tuesday

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    2 of the 4 voting machines at my precinct in Brooklyn were not working. I filled out my ballot and had to put it in a big cardboard box. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

apparently John Corzine (Gov NJ) had to wait an hour to vote at his precinct because of broken machines.

Maybe we can suspend the stimulus bill and instead throw some money towards updating the countries voting machines. I don't need a retinal scanner, but I would like something more than a cardboard box.

Nah, we just need to get rid of Diebold.

• No stickers at my polling place, but the machines were working. I guess it's just a matter of how they spend the money.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    We had an option of using paper or electronic machines. I chose paper. Keep those vote counters employed!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    At my polling place on the Upper West Side, a guy voting at the next machine, pokes his head out and quietly asks the lady for help. She responds by saying, loudly, "Oh, you're Republican, don't think we've really had any yet, its not working? You can't pick the right one's cause you're Republican, huh? Hold on, (screaming), Doris! This guy, RIGHT HERE, is a REPUBLICAN, He said he can't pull the lever right? Yeah, a REPUBLICAN"

I kinda felt bad for the guy, as the 20 people lined up waiting to vote were just staring at him.....

• we used to have those stickers. today it was this:

• Awesome!

• we used to have those stickers. today it was this:

you sound whistful. missing the days before immigrants invaded our country and we could no longer display the flag with pride?

• hey if you can sorta ignore the English and Spanish all you got is the red, the star and the Chinese writing. commie take over of our democratic freedom-loving way of life, y'all. you heard it hear first.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    to be honest, I don't really give a damn about your election.

But please can you get someone to take the fat, sweaty person formerly known as Stevie Wonder off of my telly screen?

Thanks

• to be honest, I don't really give a damn about your election.

But please can you get someone to take the fat, sweaty person formerly known as Stevie Wonder off of my telly screen?

Thanks

you many wanna rethink your strategy. just what faction of the Strut are you trying to endear yourself to here?

• hey if you can sorta ignore the English and Spanish all you got is the red, the star and the Chinese writing. commie take over of our democratic freedom-loving way of life, y'all. you heard it hear first.

haha! i thought that as well. i think that's why i like it. it's probably the most un-american looking "i voted" sticker i've seen

• ^^^ S.F. I take it?

• haha indeed!
    (i'm not a commie)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

hey if you can sorta ignore the English and Spanish all you got is the red, the star and the Chinese writing. commie take over of our democratic freedom-loving way of life, y'all. you heard it hear first.

haha! i thought that as well. i think that's why i like it. it's probably the most un-american looking "i voted" sticker i've seen

Next election: Just slap "I voted" underneath that picture of Che.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Obama Economic Controller
    Is Skull And Bones Member
    Austan 'The Ghoul' Goolsbee, Yale '91
    By Webster Tarpley
    2-4-8

OBAMA'S TRIFECTA: FOREIGN POLICY LINE IS RUN BY TRILATERAL FOUNDER ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI -OBAMA''S WIFE LINKED TO COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS

WASHINGTON DC -- Barack Obama's top economics adviser is a member of the super-secret Skull & Bones society of Yale University, of which George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and John Kerry are also members, reliable sources confirmed tonight. Goolsbee is widely reported to have told Obama not to back a compulsory freeze on home mortgage foreclosures to help the struggling middle class in the current depression crisis, as demanded by former candidate John Edwards. Hillary Clinton has advocated a one-year voluntary freeze on foreclosures. Obama has offered counselors to comfort mortgage victims as they are dispossessed, citing the 'moral hazard' of protecting the public interest from Wall Street sharks.

By adding the infamous Skull & Bones secret society to his campaign roster, Obama, who bills himself as the candidate of change and hope, has attained a prefect trifecta of oligarchical and financier establishment backing for his attempt to seize the nomination of the Democratic Party for 2008. Obama's main overall image adviser and foreign policy adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski, the co-founder of David Rockefeller's Trilateral Commission, and the mastermind of the disastrous Carter administration. Obama's wife Michelle is reputed to be closely linked to the Council on Foreign Relations. Behind the utopian platitudes dished up by the Illinois senator, the face of the Wall Street money elite comes into clearer and clearer focus.

George Will, in an October 2007 Washington Post column saluted Goolsbee's "nuanced understanding" of traditional Democratic issues like globalization and income inequality; he "seems to be the sort of fellow -- amiable, empirical, and reasonable--you would want at the elbow of a Democratic president, if such there must be," wrote the arch-oligarchical apologist Will.

From Wikipedia: 'Austan D. Goolsbee is an economist and is currently the Robert P. Gwinn Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. He is also a Research Fellow at the American Bar Foundation[1], Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and a member of the Panel of Economic Advisors to the Congressional Budget Office. He has been Barack Obama's economic advisor since Obama's successful U.S. Senate campaign in Illinois. He is the lead economic advisor to the 2008 Obama presidential campaign.'

http://www.rense.com/general80/web.htm

at the risk of sounding paranoid, I don't think it was nesesarily a mistake. I think the design of this sticker may have been intended to provide some subliminal comfort to that population.

• ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI

I agree that dude is dangerous for America, but probably for totally different reasons than Harvey.[/

Obama Economic Controller
    Is Skull And Bones Member
    Austan 'The Ghoul' Goolsbee, Yale '91
    By Webster Tarpley
    2-4-8

OBAMA'S TRIFECTA: FOREIGN POLICY LINE IS RUN BY TRILATERAL FOUNDER ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI -OBAMA''S WIFE LINKED TO COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS

WASHINGTON DC -- Barack Obama's top economics adviser is a member of the super-secret Skull & Bones society of Yale University, of which George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and John Kerry are also members, reliable sources confirmed tonight. Goolsbee is widely reported to have told Obama not to back a compulsory freeze on home mortgage foreclosures to help the struggling middle class in the current depression crisis, as demanded by former candidate John Edwards. Hillary Clinton has advocated a one-year voluntary freeze on foreclosures. Obama has offered counselors to comfort mortgage victims as they are dispossessed, citing the 'moral hazard' of protecting the public interest from Wall Street sharks.

By adding the infamous Skull & Bones secret society to his campaign roster, Obama, who bills himself as the candidate of change and hope, has attained a prefect trifecta of oligarchical and financier establishment backing for his attempt to seize the nomination of the Democratic Party for 2008. Obama's main overall image adviser and foreign policy adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski, the co-founder of David Rockefeller's Trilateral Commission, and the mastermind of the disastrous Carter administration. Obama's wife Michelle is reputed to be closely linked to the Council on Foreign Relations. Behind the utopian platitudes dished up by the Illinois senator, the face of the Wall Street money elite comes into clearer and clearer focus.

George Will, in an October 2007 Washington Post column saluted Goolsbee's "nuanced understanding" of traditional Democratic issues like globalization and income inequality; he "seems to be the sort of fellow -- amiable, empirical, and reasonable--you would want at the elbow of a Democratic president, if such there must be," wrote the arch-oligarchical apologist Will.

From Wikipedia: 'Austan D. Goolsbee is an economist and is currently the Robert P. Gwinn Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. He is also a Research Fellow at the American Bar Foundation[1], Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and a member of the Panel of Economic Advisors to the Congressional Budget Office. He has been Barack Obama's economic advisor since Obama's successful U.S. Senate campaign in Illinois. He is the lead economic advisor to the 2008 Obama presidential campaign.'

http://www.rense.com/general80/web.htm

Shutit.

Same dogfood, different bowl.

Now to clown but... you don't really have a place in a serious discussion about politics. Your mind occupies several alternative private fantasy gardens simultaneously. I mean... You're pulling shit from dudes like Jeff Rense, Alex Jones, David Icke and shit. When's Obama gonna transform into a lizard?

Keep the clowny shit to yourself.

Now to clown but... you don't really have a place in a serious discussion about politics. Your mind occupies several alternative private fantasy gardens simultaneously. I mean... You're pulling shit from dudes like Jeff Rense, Alex Jones, David Icke and shit. When's Obama gonna transform into a lizard?

Whatever dude...is Brzezinski his foreign policy advisor or not?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Those of you who had trouble voting (bthav others:
    1) What state are you in?
    2) What kind of voting machine?

On other news WV has gone to Huckababy. McCain supports switched to Huckababy to stop a sure win by Romney.

The Republican hate for McCain is only exceeded by their hate of Romney. Is it because he is LDS? My Senator is a Republican LDS member who has wide support among Democrats and Republicans. His religion has never been an issue.

Simple answer, NO! And to make this assertion sound even more idiotic, since when does a senator have a dedicated foreign policy advisor? Step outside into the real world for a minute.

Also, find me ONE piece of documentation that isn't some wacko-nutjob website that states that Brzezinski has done nothing more than support/endorse Obama (which everyone in America has the right to do freely).

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Goolsbee is pretty f_cking impressive in my opinion. You may hatt on the Chicago BS-style economics, but that dude is pretty damn solid in my book.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=616587835

but then again...i only made it through the first 3 chapters of "behold a pale horse"..

edit: video is kinda weird, but commentary is pretty solid.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Simple answer, NO! And to make this assertion sound even more idiotic, since when does a senator have a dedicated foreign policy advisor? Step outside into the real world for a minute.

Also, find me ONE piece of documentation that isn't some wacko-nutjob website that states that Brzezinski has done nothing more than support/endorse Obama (which everyone in America has the right to do freely).

Not to mention: the guy's got a lengthy public history unrelated to Skull & Bones, whcih Shied seems unconcerned with.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    And the latino community which by and large feels inexplicably compelled to vote Republican.

Is this true though? Even in 2004, the majority of Latinos voted for Kerry and for the three decades prior, the Dems could largely count on the Latino vote in any presidential election. They've lost ground over the years but especially in California, with a large Mexican American population, the Latino vote still has historically gone - in the majority - to the Dems, not the Republicans.

And those who presume religion has anything to do with it have it partially wrong as well. The HIGHEST percentage of Latinos likely to vote Republican are NON-CATHOLICS, followed by the growing Latino Evangelical base (note, NPR's Day to Day discussed the Latino Evangelical vote today and it was said that their belief in social justice tends to make them distinctly different than the conventional Religious Right. They vote for the moderate candidate which means either McCain or Obama would have an edge with them. The anti-immigration (read: anti-Latino) hypery is not doing the Republicans any favors with these voters).

Catholic Latinos overwhelmingly voted for Kerry in 2004 and have done so for every Democratic candidate going back to when figures first began to be kept.

To add: "Following the [2004] elec-
    tion, some journalists suggested that
    Latinos???conservative religious values
    led them to the Republican???s ???moral
    values??? campaign. However, polls con-
    ducted on issue salience prior to the
    election do not bear this out. Among
    every slice of the Latino electorate???
    educated and uneducated, poor and rich,
    young and old, foreign- and native-born,
    Catholic and Protestant???the number
    one election issue was the economy.
    The war on terrorism consistently rated
    second, followed by the situation in
    Iraq, education, health care, and
    immigration-related concerns. These
    findings are consistent with previous
    research that suggested economic/educa-
    tion/health issues are high priorities for
    Latinos and that socio-religious values
    are less critical on Election Day."
    (Source: http://faculty.washington.edu/mbarreto/papers/2004vote.pdf)

Also: "The 2006 national exit poll showed that in elections for the U.S. House of
    Representatives 69% of Latinos voted for Democrats and 30% for Republicans."
    (Source: http://pewhispanic.org/factsheets/factsheet.php?FactsheetID=26)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    And the latino community which by and large feels inexplicably compelled to vote Republican.

Is this true though? Even in 2004, the majority of Latinos voted for Kerry and for the three decades prior, the Dems could largely count on the Latino vote in any presidential election. They've lost ground over the years but especially in California, with a large Mexican American population, the Latino vote still has historically gone - in the majority - to the Dems, not the Republicans.

And those who presume religion has anything to do with it have it partially wrong as well. The HIGHEST percentage of Latinos likely to vote Republican are NON-CATHOLICS, followed by the growing Latino Evangelical base (note, NPR's Day to Day discussed the Latino Evangelical vote today and it was said that their belief in social justice tends to make them distinctly different than the conventional Religious Right. They vote for the moderate candidate which means either McCain or Obama would have an edge with them. The anti-immigration (read: anti-Latino) hypery is not doing the Republicans any favors with these voters).

Catholic Latinos overwhelmingly voted for Kerry in 2004 and have done so for every Democratic candidate going back to when figures first began to be kept.

To add: "Following the [2004] elec-
    tion, some journalists suggested that
    Latinos???conservative religious values
    led them to the Republican???s ???moral
    values??? campaign. However, polls con-
    ducted on issue salience prior to the
    election do not bear this out. Among
    every slice of the Latino electorate???
    educated and uneducated, poor and rich,
    young and old, foreign- and native-born,
    Catholic and Protestant???the number
    one election issue was the economy.
    The war on terrorism consistently rated
    second, followed by the situation in
    Iraq, education, health care, and
    immigration-related concerns. These
    findings are consistent with previous
    research that suggested economic/educa-
    tion/health issues are high priorities for
    Latinos and that socio-religious values
    are less critical on Election Day."
    (Source: http://faculty.washington.edu/mbarreto/papers/2004vote.pdf)

Also: "The 2006 national exit poll showed that in elections for the U.S. House of
    Representatives 69% of Latinos voted for Democrats and 30% for Republicans."
    (Source: http://pewhispanic.org/factsheets/factsheet.php?FactsheetID=26)

Agreed.

Two BS views that I have seen here are that Latinos vote Republican and that Latinos hate Blacks.

George Bush, in 2000 courted the Latino vote in a way that no Republican had ever done. Latinos were supposed to be a cornerstone in his permanent Republican majority. He spoke Spanish at campaign stops and supported a path to citizenship. In 2004 Anti-immigrant forces in the party made immigrants the new boogiemen and drove Latinos away from the party in droves.

An exception has been the Cuban community in Florida. They have traditionally voted Republican but the Republicans have managed to alienate that community also and young Cuban Americans are moving to the Democrats.

In Other News: OBAMA WINS GEORGIA!