I went to High School w/ this Actress.....

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

roadrunners
    what year did you graduate?

• High School with:
    Chelsea Clinton
    Al Gore Junior

edit - the best was when Chelsea would come to parties (which wasn't very often) because the secret service would order the cops to leave if they came to break it up...Little Al did not have that kind of pull.

SO i take it you went to a very exclusive prep school in DC?

Def not a prep school. It's a liberal Quaker school in DC.

Sidwell Friends?

I went to a HS that was hood more than likely still is. I don't think anyone who was/is famous went to my high school. I know that more than 30 or 40 people from my graduating class are dead.

EDIT: Actually just learned that Taraji Henson went to my HS.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

I went to the same college (Bethel College, St. Paul, MN) as this guy:

but he was gone before I showed up, only met his brother who was in the Art Dept.

Farouk Alatan? I went to school with Farouk Alatan !

It's Joel Hodgson. Coincidentally, though, Mystery Science Theater's more famous episodes in it's earlier seasons makes fun of an Atalan movie: a dopey E.T. rip-off from Spain called Los Nuevos Extraterrestres

ummmm.... yean I do know that. I am a pretty big MST3K nerd, so I was just hoping that someone else would get the joke. Glad you did.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This'll only mean anything to the Brits, but I was at college with Yvette Fielding.

She studied Drama, and a lot of her drama class was in my Film Studies class, so we all tended to hang out (trans: spend every possible afternoon in the boozer) together. She was a good laugh and I'm pleased she's doing well now, because she had a few rough years during the 90s.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    got not stories of famous people attending my high school, but if there's ever a upandcoming guido entertainer, chances are they came from alieNDN's high school.

• I went to high school with the writer/director/star of this flick, Kent Faulcon (dude on the left):

He and his girlfriend were the nicest people you could meet, were smart as hell (she was valedictorian), and in the words of one of our classmates, they were so perfect that they would one day "be king and queen of the world."

He's got lots of bit parts in his CV, including WAR OF THE WORLDS and MEN IN BLACK:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0269021/

It's just ironic that such a smart & focused guy got his start with roles like "Low Life #3" in DREAM A LITTLE DREAM and "Gang Member #3" in DIE HARD: WITH A VENGEANCE.

• Went to high school with this chick, she was two years behind me, Donita Rose from MTV Asia:

K-Mart was in my Psychology of Self class in college:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    '95

• went to high school with doogie howsers girl wanda. peace, stein. . .

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    greg gagne went to "my" highschool

• Oh also, this is more like faux-mous but reality show contestants need love too

The latter had sick handstyles

• went to high school with doogie howsers girl wanda. peace, stein. . .

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This thread has inspired me to sell my high school yearbooks. I think I could make decent bread off some emo types just so they can get OG photo looks of this cat. What's the strut over/under on 3 Elliott Smith yearbooks.

• Oh also, this is more like faux-mous but reality show contestants need love too

oh yeah these dudes were always on campus. ended up on several double dates with the 2nd dude (pasue).

• Alright. I normally try to avoid doing things but......

This is probably one of the dumbest threads that I have ever read on Soul Strut. Goddamn!
    Amazing.

Edited by Danno because three lines of the above gets the message across. I don't want to scroll past a gazillion graemlins, thank you very much.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The fuck was that all about?

• The fuck was that all about?

Sorry, Sorry. I did not mean to take out my frustrations on you guys, it was displaced. I lost a lot $$$ on the puppy bowl. Damn dogs. I

• The fuck was that all about?

Sorry, Sorry. I did not mean to take out my frustrations on you guys, it was displaced. I lost a lot $$$ on the puppy bowl. Damn dogs. I

...am speechless?

• i met someone from steubenville west virginia once
    he started yappin how traci lords was in his high school
    so i ask if she really got down like a pro
    "she methodically fucked every freshmen, then went up through every class"
    me:"wwowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so you banged traci lords???????"
    him:"well, i didnt"
    i laughed in his face
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZER!!!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

- 2 of Dr. J's sons (the oldest went too, but before i got there)

-

cheo and jay?
    whered you go to school?

jay and corey (the one who died). i went to harriton, graduated in '96.

Crazy. I sometimes sub at harriton. that school has everything for the kids. very wealthy district. in fact, it has the 2nd largest funding in the state, right after philadelphia. it's a township that beats out pittsburgh, allentown, scranton, etc.

Anyway, i graduated from a redneck hs in the poconos in '97 (pleasant valley in the west end of monroe county, pa).
    i don't think there's been anyone that famous that came out of the school.

however, the school in katy (katy taylor hs, suburban houston, tx) i was at before i moved up here has a history of famous people. jeanine garofolo, some american idol winner, pro athletes, etc.

• I went to high school with Tom Brady. I really don't remember him but his name rang a bell.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Bijou Phillips went to my high school for a minute - or so I heard. I never saw her (she was younger than me), but the internet says so, so it must be true

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Almost every time I watch TV with my wife, we see an actress she went to school with. Last night we watched Jerry McGuire, and she saw another friend of her :

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Former NHL #1 pick Ricky DiPietro came from my hometown. He's three years younger than me, but I remember seeing him play Little League. He was a pitcher, and would cry if someone got a hit. Then he went to high school in East Boston, and denied his Winthrop roots. He's not really well-liked by anyone that knew him growing up.

Damn, how you gonna diss Mike Eruzione like that?

It's downright anti-American. Just ask him.

HA! Yeah, Mike was always around when I was growing up. His brother Vinnie was one of our high school football coaches. Former Giants tight end Mark Bavarro also came from Winthrop. But those guys are all well older than me, so I figured they didn't quite fit the parameters of the conversation. Technically, neither did Ricky DiPietro, but I wanted everybody to know he used to cry on the mound in Little League, so I stretched it a little bit.

• i went to school from kindergarten to 12th grade with two members of the band incubus...

i don't like their music but those dudes were pretty nice/down to earth guys even though they were in the popular crowd in a very wealthy school (that usually means they would be assholes, most of the popular kids at my school were spoiled Frickin' dickheads). real good artists (Drawing and whatnot).

my brother went to school and knew:

ricky schroeder
    elizabeth berkeley
    and
    the menendez brothers

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Kersti Bowser was crazy fine in when I was in Jr High. She was a couple of years ahead of me. One day my pops stopped by my school and she said - "Damn, youll never be as fine as your father...."

She was modelling back then. Missing mad classes and shit.

• Options
    I grew up with this dude Slaine who just made his debut in Gone Baby Gone as a coke dealer named Bubba and made my first rap song with him entitled "When I Take The Stage" we used the DBC Let The Music Play instro and it was a suburban neighborhood hit! not really but its good to see George doing shit, good dude.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    my BFF also went to middle school with Jessica Alba
    He had her for one class and I asked if he tried to holler and then he mentioned that she was like one foot taller than him and wore a black leather jacket so he was scared.

Sandra Day O'Conner, our first female supreme court justice, graduated from my high school

I went to high school with the two kids of the drug dealers who hired woody harrelson's dad to assassinate a federal judge

I went to the same college as Jack Handy too

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dated the last shorty in H.S.

NY Times Spanish Harlem Style