I went to High School w/ this Actress.....

Comments

• I went to college with Harvey Canal.

• high school

college

Some homies had classes with

Alas, I was not so lucky.

• I went to college with Harvey Canal.

THREAD DEAD.

• damn this fool went to college? our system of higher education is indeed in a sorry state.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The closest I can think of is my classmate Allan Wu who went on to become the host for the Asian version of "The Amazing Race" as is now getting more into films. It's pretty mind-blowing really - he was a total asshole in high school (and who knows...maybe he still is one) but dude is apparently some up and coming big deal in Asia.

Samberg went to Berkeley High?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

damn this fool went to college? our system of higher education is indeed in a sorry state.

Aren't his parents both academics? Or was that just further Rawkus-era hype intended to bolster the perception of him as a "conscious" rapper?

• damn this fool went to college? our system of higher education is indeed in a sorry state.

Man that's some foul shit.

Kweli's not the best rapper but he's a pretty smart dude, his pops is also very smart and a distinguished member of NYU faculty

Take your mouth off

• Samberg went to Berkeley High?

Yep, class of 1996

The closest I can think of is my classmate Allan Wu who went on to become the host for the Asian version of "The Amazing Race" as is now getting more into films. It's pretty mind-blowing really - he was a total asshole in high school (and who knows...maybe he still is one) but dude is apparently some up and coming big deal in Asia.

Didn't you have some sort of a graduate school classmate who put out Sandbox type rap terds by night?

• Not actor/actresses but...

LACES

Uni

atually both have have delivered outstanding cinematic performances (Heat- and Juno-related).

I had a big WTF moment when I saw him in Heat.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    This dude tried to hit on my little sis at a bar in Thailand (the one that got bombed) by quoting lines from his movies to her. She didn't take the bait I'm thankful to say. She said he was pretty gross.

I went to high school with a couple of semi famous famous rugby players, also a guy that broke into the holiday house of one of the richest dudes in the country & stabbed him to death with a bread & butter knife on xmas eve one year. Mainly a bunch of semi-famous in New Zealand surfers & skaters & a couple of clothing designers & some artists. Also that fake blogger/actress lonelygirl15 went to my high school, but I was long gone by then, my littlest sis was still there then though. Apparently she was kinda odd (not my sis, the other chick).

• The closest I can think of is my classmate Allan Wu who went on to become the host for the Asian version of "The Amazing Race" as is now getting more into films. It's pretty mind-blowing really - he was a total asshole in high school (and who knows...maybe he still is one) but dude is apparently some up and coming big deal in Asia.

Didn't you have some sort of a graduate school classmate who put out Sandbox type rap terds by night?

See now you're taking it there - Berkeley High faculty!

Not only was a young boy schooled by the one Superstar Quamallah, but PE Teacher-cum-underground hero Defari.

See now you're taking it there - Berkeley High faculty!

Not only was a young boy schooled by the one Superstar Quamallah, but PE Teacher-cum-underground hero Defari.

BLAOW!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Sandbox type rap terds by night?

I still like this.

Sandbox type rap terds by night?

I like this.

Edit your poast immediately.

• Kweli's not the best rapper but he's a pretty smart dude,

lol. okay dude. but last time I checked his job was rapping.

whatever. I'd expect nothing less than "pretty smart" from the son of two college professors anyway.

• Kweli's not the best rapper but he's a pretty smart dude,

lol. okay dude. but last time I checked his job was rapping.

whatever. I'd expect nothing less than "pretty smart" from the son of two college professors anyway.

whatever is correct.

you've proved yourself his intellectual inferior without even releasing a record. This certainly takes a skill, although I'm not sure if there's much of a career trajectory in "internet asshattery".

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Former NHL #1 pick Ricky DiPietro came from my hometown. He's three years younger than me, but I remember seeing him play Little League. He was a pitcher, and would cry if someone got a hit. Then he went to high school in East Boston, and denied his Winthrop roots. He's not really well-liked by anyone that knew him growing up.

Damn, how you gonna diss Mike Eruzione like that?

It's downright anti-American. Just ask him.

• I recently caught an old track of dude's on XM and was reminded that he's sorta, well, alright on the mic actually. not mind-blowing but consisent and always reliable for W. Coast sports references. however, I was also reminded that he and Evidence sorta render each other redundant given their idenitical styles and voices. but he was a Likwit crew affiliate so I gotta go with Defari.

so if Talib Kweli and Defari qualify for this thread I see no reason not to mention Oliver's and my old classmate:

I'm not sure if we were actually in grad school at the same time.

That said, Beni B was my instructor at Berkeley for one semester. He always wore promotional rap label sweatshirts.

• All kinds of crazy talent came out of my high school:

- Doc Delay

- Rob Mercurio and Jeff Raines from Galactic

- Dan Kessler (guitar player for Interpol, we took guitar classes together)

- Becky Stark

I was roommates with Kid Koala in college!

I recently caught an old track of dude's on XM and was reminded that he's sorta, well, alright on the mic actually.

He's really not.

Of particular note: the track where he laments the "money hungry Anita Hills" that are after his paper.

Great use of that Berkeley/Columbia education...

• I recently caught an old track of dude's on XM and was reminded that he's sorta, well, alright on the mic actually.

He's really not.

Of particular note: the track where he laments the "money hungry Anita Hills" that are after his paper.

well, he may not be a great rapper, but he's "pretty smart"....

• I recently caught an old track of dude's on XM and was reminded that he's sorta, well, alright on the mic actually.

He's really not.

"sorta, well, alright on the mic" /= "nice!"

BERKELEY HIGH TO WALL STREET

• "sorta, well, alright on the mic" /= "nice!"

for sure true.

He's really not.

Actually, no... he's not.

I recently caught an old track of dude's on XM and was reminded that he's sorta, well, alright on the mic actually.

He's really not.

He's clearly not.

"Money-hungry Anita Hills" is one of the most stomach-turningly ignorant things I've ever heard a rapper say--and I pretty much live to listen to "ignorant" rap.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Michelle Williams was a year ahead of me at my High School, even though she's only 8 days older than I am?

He's really not.

He's clearly not.

"Money-hungry Anita Hills" is one of the most stomach-turningly ignorant things I've ever heard a rapper say--and I pretty much live to listen to "ignorant" rap.

people I was joking. remember when Jonny offered "pretty smart" as an excuse for atrocious rapping? about 5 poasts ago. yep, well, that's what I was doing. and it was a joke.

that said I consider Defari's homie Hannibal Faceman to have been one of the greatest "what if"s of rapp. If only someone had given that dude the time to shine...