hillary is shady

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Bill Clinton will not be remembered as a great democratic president, but rather as one of those place-holders between Ronald Reagan and whatever happens in the next term concerning the course set by Bush II. Clinton simply didn't do anything worth remembering.

please take this to the Heritage Foundation forums, unless you are talking about him as a place holder between the disasters caused by Reagan, Bush I and Bush II.

Wanna find out how much of an ASS Bill Clinton is, dig up his interview with Amy Goodman from Democracy Now.

In fact, here's a transcript. From her first question, which he didn't like, he became the defensive asshole you see on tv today.

Never trusted this dick...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

In fact, here's a transcript. From her first question, which he didn't like, he became the defensive asshole you see on tv today.

Without going way off topic, I am going to have to side with Bill on this one. On election day, whatever your interview is about, the best first question is about the election. You can't come out guns blazing and expect not to get that type of reaction.

• Very tactful... "teaming with" Rush Limbaugh. Yeah right. We can pretend that having Bill Clinton campaigning for you carries the same weight as Michelle Obama. I can't speak to what Michelle has been saying on the stump, because, well you have to dig pretty hard to find out. Meanwhile, Bill Clinton leads the news. I have always been a big fan of Bill Clinton but I have long found his lesser half to be cold; now, it seems, he's taken on some of her qualities. I can't go into specifics about what he did in Nevada, but Bill Clinton has been slamming Obama at every stop, allowing Hillary to keep some of the dirt of her pants suit.

the reason you hear about Bill so much is because Obama continues to make it an issue. don't you get it? he loses if its just democrats who vote in the primaries, but if he can get independents and gop cross-overs (clinton haters), its a different story.

nobody gave a shit when bill said obama was living a "fairytale" if he thought his voting record on iraq was consistent. it didn't make headlines until Barack's posse made it an issue, just like he did again at the debate. Hillary never references Bill. All this "i feel like i'm running against both Clintons" is strategic. As if Obama suddenly woke up and realized that Bill was her husband.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    and still sing his praises...when they see him in Harlem where his office is located.

Harlem to Clinton: you're ruining us
    Gentrification since former president moved in sees rents rise by 100 per cent, forcing poor black families out
    By Nicholas Wapshott in New York
    Published: 23 July 2006
    Bill Clinton's decision to site his office in the largely black Manhattan neighbourhood of Harlem, as a gesture of solidarity with African-Americans, appears to have backfired.

Dozens of angry blacks demonstrated last week outside the building that houses the former president's staff, claiming that his move had led to the gentrification of the area and increased the price of homes beyond their reach.

Mr Clinton's empathy with black Americans is well known. His humble family circumstances, as a penniless white boy raised among poor blacks in rural Arkansas, gave him a rare insight into the African-American community. It led to his being dubbed "Bubba", a term of affection among impoverished Southerners, and, without irony, "America's first black President".

But his move to Harlem, known as the Black Capital of America, has had unintended consequences. The protest march by 40 mainly elderly people to 125th Street was organised by the Harlem Tenants Council to protest at property prices, which have rocketed since Mr Clinton moved in.

The booming American economy and the enormous demand for Manhattan property has already caused Harlem and other New York areas previously the preserve of blacks and Hispanics to soar. Rents have nearly doubled in Harlem since 2000, when Mr Clinton left the White House to support his wife, Hillary, and her career as the junior senator for New York. A one-bedroom flat which used to rent six years ago for $800 a month now costs $1,400, according to Valerie Orridge, president of the Savoy Park Tenants Association.

The Washington Post records that the top price for a brownstone terrace house in Harlem in 2001 was $400,000 (??215,000). Now a fully renovated townhouse costs as much as $4m. Even this is a relative bargain: 30 blocks south, similar houses which need considerable renovation start at $5m.

Harlem is home to young black professionals who can afford the inflated prices and are undeterred by the noise and late-night roistering of Harlem street life. As prices rise sharply, the area is fast becoming more staid and crime is falling.

The gentrification of Harlem is the latest twist in the neighbourhood's varied history. A strict colour bar once excluded blacks, but at the turn of the last century, affluent East European Jews moved in, and by 1910 the overbuilding of apartment blocks and a dip in the economy obliged landlords to rent to African-Americans, albeit "Respectable Colored Families Only", which meant those with good jobs, such as railcar attendants.

By the 1920s Harlem was the epicentre of black entertainment, reaching its heyday after Prohibition in 1926. A lax approach to the strict alcohol laws and the rise of brilliant jazz musicians such as Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong, caused Harlem in the Roaring Twenties to become a hedonistic haven for the fun-loving, hard-drinking rich young white Gatsby set, who revelled in revue halls such as the Cotton Club.

A long period of low rents and high poverty overtook Harlem from the end of the Second World War until the early Nineties. Now there is intense pressure on poorer, older tenants in low-rent properties to pay more, hence the march to Mr Clinton's office. A spokesman for the Clinton Foundation, Jay Carson, said he could not comment on the protest.

But the decision to move to Harlem may well have exacerbated the problem for poor blacks . Which goes to prove the truth of New York wit Clare Boothe Luce's pessimistic adage: "No good deed goes unpunished."

• here you go dudes:

Without going way off topic, I am going to have to side with Bill on this one. On election day, whatever your interview is about, the best first question is about the election. You can't come out guns blazing and expect not to get that type of reaction.

I can agree with that statement but had it been the mainstream media, who are to gutless to ask such a question, the reaction would have been different. no?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    That's a bullshit issue as far as I'm concerned. He was and is against the war. That was never debatable. However, in the atmosphere of this country -- when anyone says anything anti-war they are accused of "not supporting the troops" -- it's OK by me to vote to fund a war you weren't in favor of. What's the alternative?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    if he can get independents and gop cross-overs (clinton haters), its a different story.

aka: the majority of the nation.

Frickin' Dems, about to ride into the national election on a tainted horse.

if shes get the nomination and we lose the election because the hatters show up and vote for candidate X, i hope you are still posting on the board KVH, so you can try to muster up some explanation.

i am shocked that people still don't realize how much hate that her as nominee will muster up from the GOP. Possible loss of presidential election, and at very least a Frickin' resurgence of the GOP party.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wtf is w/ this rezko slams??? fuck you hillary! hypocrit. how's she gonna survive years of whitewater bullshit only to use the same suspect type of smears on obama

the chicago sun times has written half a dozen articles about obama and rezko and obama continues to admit that taking money from rezko (and then not divulging it after rezko was indicted) was a mistake. how is this smearing?

your boy looked a little shook in the debate. there are very few politicians who are as quick on their feet as hillary.
    'half a dozen articles' about the same exact thing; there is ZERO evidence of wrongdoing. Rezko was a sleazeball whose shitty corruption is fucckin up lots of other, innocent people's lives now.

Obama said buying property from rezko (not 'taking money') was a mistake because it has the APPEARANCE of impropriety - but nothing he did was actually illegal. Much like whitewater, much like plenty of Clinton-era 'scandals,' which is why I find Hillary's bullshit on this issue so unbearable.

and incidentally I think Obama sucks at debating and believe he lost last night. i know im a #1 obama supporter but you dudes are tripping if you thought he had a stronger command of the evening than hillary did

that said, fuck her

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    also, the sexist bullshit is nagl. she's plenty nasty w/out having to resort to 'lol she has a penis'

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah me too, but I'm getting really worried... and wondering how she keeps winning these primaries and shit. now I'm afraid to turn on the news.

Dude, no worries. Obama is actually[/b] winning where it counts, delegates:

Obama 38

Clinton 36
    clinton has the momentum and the poll numbers and, depending on SC, we're seeing that continue into super tues which is something i dont like at all

• yeah me too, but I'm getting really worried... and wondering how she keeps winning these primaries and shit. now I'm afraid to turn on the news.

• if he can get independents and gop cross-overs (clinton haters), its a different story.

if shes get the nomination and we lose the election because the hatters show up and vote for candidate X, i hope you are still posting on the board KVH, so you can try to muster up some explanation.

i am shocked that people still don't realize how much hate that her as nominee will muster up from the GOP. Possible loss of presidential election, and at very least a Frickin' resurgence of the GOP party.

if i thought you were right, i'd vote for obama or edwards, but i don't believe that after Iraq, Katrina, the wiretaps, alberto gonzales, and a f*cking recession, americans are going to elect a republican...especially in light of the candidates.

if bloomberg runs, it might be another story, but not there are plenty of people in rural america who don't know who he is. it would be historic to have a woman, a black and a jew as the presidential front runners though.

• I am praying for Obama to pull a

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    also, the sexist bullshit is nagl. she's plenty nasty w/out having to resort to 'lol she has a penis'

Though, you could say, comments like that speak to why Hillary's chances are tough. She gives license for many an ugly, misogynistic attitude.

I can't wait to see the racial shit waiting for Obama if he gets the nod. It will make the Clintons' attack look like a foot rub.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I smell a response from KVH having something to do with experience, "republicans/independants are lost cause anyway", and then um, some sort of attack on Obama. keith?

• I understand that KVH is going to sink or float on his boat, and I'm down with that...

But I can't for the life of me understand why "professional politician" is a quality that we should be looking for.

I have not really dug Clinton's campaign so far. Bill is the worst. I am a fan of Bill Clinton (although I agree he made gentrification of Harlem "ok") but the dynastic, "you're really voting for the both of us" attitude is just waaaay wrong. Call me traditional or whatever but I believe that you shouldn't be able to run for president beyond the two-term limit.

Does anyone really think that if Clinton wins, Hillary will be the one calling the shots? Compared to Bill she's a son like Elroy.

if he can get independents and gop cross-overs (clinton haters), its a different story.

if i thought you were right, i'd vote for obama or edwards, but i don't believe that after Iraq, Katrina, the wiretaps, alberto gonzales, and a f*cking recession, americans are going to elect a republican...especially in light of the candidates.

if bloomberg runs, it might be another story, but not there are plenty of people in rural america who don't know who he is. it would be historic to have a woman, a black and a jew as the presidential front runners though.

Hi, my name is Zogby International and all I do is prove KVH wrong.

Obama beats ALL GOP candidates, Clinton loses to Huckabee, McCain and ever Frickin' Guiliani!!!!

"you're really voting for the both of us" attitude is just waaaay wrong.

And not always a good thing...

• yeah me too, but I'm getting really worried... and wondering how she keeps winning these primaries and shit. now I'm afraid to turn on the news.

Dude, no worries. Obama is actually[/b] winning where it counts, delegates:

Obama 38

Clinton 36
    clinton has the momentum and the poll numbers and, depending on SC, we're seeing that continue into super tues which is something i dont like at all

I am trying my hardest down here(in SC) to get as many people as I can off their lazy asses(like my mother) on Saturday to go out for Obama. I was going to volunteer that day at a polling site, but won't be able to(but my fiancee will).

• Hi, my name is Zogby International and all I do is prove KVH wrong.

Obama beats ALL GOP candidates, Clinton loses to Huckabee, McCain and ever Frickin' Guiliani!!!!

this poll is a month old and i wasn't it buying it then or now. clinton loses to huckabee? get serious.

if mccain is the nominee, and it looks like he might be, it will be interesting to see how he polls among independents and dems. if dems completely reject him (which they should), i'd think the dems are gonna bring so many people to the polls, it won't be an issue. but, if that's not the case, i'd consider voting for obama in fear that independents could sway the election and obama pulls more independents than hillary.

for what reason? this is the problem with so many obama supporters. you don't hear hillary voters talking about fearing an obama or edwards presidency. obama is feeding off of the anti-hillary support, a lot of which is coming from gop converts and from independents who don't like the gop contenders but see hillary in the same negative light as they did Bill when they voted against him in the 90s elections... and from people that maybe couldn't deal with a female president[/b].

sayin.

yeah me too, but I'm getting really worried... and wondering how she keeps winning these primaries and shit. now I'm afraid to turn on the news.

for what reason? this is the problem with so many obama supporters. you don't hear hillary voters talking about fearing an obama or edwards presidency. obama is feeding off of the anti-hillary support, a lot of which is coming from gop converts and from independents who don't like the gop contenders but see hillary in the same negative light as they did Bill when they voted against him in the 90s elections... and from people that maybe couldn't deal with a female president[/b].

sayin.

Can we inversely say that all the anti-Obama negativity comes from people that maybe couldn't deal with a black president[/b]

Or that these SAME people are wiling to support a Black president but NOT a White female president?

What the fuck imaginary world do you people live in?

Sip deeply from the kool-aid.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

sayin.

Sure but the same could be said about Obama and race too.

If either person gets the nom - and loses - everyone is going to claim it's discrimination (to some degree), no?

Where's Al Gore when we need him? (Joking. Or maybe not).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    here you go dudes:

HAHA.

That her soul???

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

if only Bill had 'helped out' Al Gore this doggedly in 2000

if only Bill had 'helped out' Al Gore this doggedly in 2000

What was in it for Bill? Nothing. So no support...

Could have also been retribution for Gore distancing himself from Clinton during campaigning.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Hi, my name is Zogby International and all I do is prove KVH wrong.

this poll is a month old and i wasn't it buying it then or now. clinton loses to huckabee? get serious.

if mccain is the nominee, and it looks like he might be, it will be interesting to see how he polls among independents and dems. if dems completely reject him (which they should), i'd think the dems are gonna bring so many people to the polls, it won't be an issue. but, if that's not the case, i'd consider voting for obama in fear that independents could sway the election and obama pulls more independents than hillary.

i really wouldn't put to much faith in a zogby poll either.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    What was in it for Bill? Nothing. So no support...

insert sexist comment here

sayin.

Can we inversely say that all the anti-Obama negativity comes from people that maybe couldn't deal with a black president[/b]

Or that these SAME people are wiling to support a Black president but NOT a White female president?

What the fuck imaginary world do you people live in?

Sip deeply from the kool-aid.

i didn't say that all[/b] the hillary-bashing comes from people that don't like her bc she is a woman. that said, i'm astounded by the way that people throw around "bitch" when discussing her with such ease and levity, faulting her for being - what? - intelligent, power-driven, manipulative, "shady," etc...exactly like all of the other candidates!! what would a man be called for being such things? maybe a shrewd politician?

not that i'd necessarily vote for her, or anything...