pet peeves (5 star thread)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Women that feel the need to proclaim to the world "i need to go pee." As if pee or poop is a cuter way to say to say it.

Comments

• Seriously, like I need to know when you have to move your bowels. Instantly brings their sexuality down a notch.

Or when they belch like a Frickin' dude. Like that shit is cute or something.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ooooooooookay.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Seriously, like I need to know when you have to move your bowels. Instantly brings their sexuality down a notch.

Or when they belch like a Frickin' dude. Like that shit is cute or something.

haha. i'm glad someone can relate. yes, sexist.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    pets

pets

hey fuck you, i have a pet.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    It's better than saying "pee pee", I guess.

[rant]Every week I put people on the guest list and without fail some motherfucker will ask me if I can add 5 of their friends. 5?! Like you're the only one asking to be on the list? GTFOHWTBS![/rant]

People in the vicinity that constantly hum to themselves.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i've been wanting to vent on this for a hot minute...

i see people all the time in the skyways and even at the gym who use the handicap button to open doors. none of these people have any handicap beyond laziness - and at the gym?

a couple weeks ago i was walking through a really wide space in the skyway and the dude i was behind walked all the way acrossed the hall to hit the handicap button. he stood there for about 5-10 seconds as it slowly opened and then walked through like the red carpet was just rolled out for him.

take that shit back to kindergarten.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    pets

Does it look like this?

Seriously, enough with the dogs and cats everyone, just admit to the person next to you that you are lonely. And quit shopping at ikea/pottery barn too!

he stood there for about 5-10 seconds as it slowly opened and then walked through like the red carpet was just rolled out for him.

pets

Does it look like this?

Seriously, enough with the dogs and cats everyone, just admit to the person next to you that you are lonely. And quit shopping at ikea/pottery barn too!

hey fuck you man, seriously. Pottery barn defines everything that's good in society.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    pets

And quit shopping at ikea/pottery barn too!

Hey fuck you???I need solid, reasonably-priced furniture that will last 3-5 years until I can afford to upgrade to baller pieces.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Yo I was trying to be nice to you.

(no bromo)

"Can I get a #5 with a coke and curly fries."

"Okay, so #5 with Sprite and regular fries. Anything else?"

"Uhh no. with a coke and curly fries."

"Okay, another coke and curly fries."

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Hey fuck you???I need solid, reasonably-priced furniture that will last 3-5 years until I can afford to upgrade to baller pieces.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    My current pet peeves are almost all subway-related.

In addition to the old standards, I hate it when people (especially big people or those with voluminous clothing/baggage) get on the train and post up right inside the doors when there is room to stand further in or down the aisle. Then when people are coming they straighten up for minute out of "courtesy." If you're not getting off at one of the next two stops, step away from the damn door!

It also irks me to see people do the butt pivot. Like when the person on the inside seat is trying to get out and the outside person just swivels their legs around and the poor inside person has to hobble into the aisle trying not to smack mr. outside with his elbow or bag. Dude, just get up for like three seconds! No one's going to steal your seat!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Parents who say - "My Kid/kids are so smart."

Yo I was trying to be nice to you.

(no bromo)

i wasn't directing that at you, just killing time Day. YES PROMO.

Post pictures of your apartment or you're soft.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Parents who say - "My Kid/kids are so smart."

Yeah. Extensive kid-talk in general is bad look. I'm at that age where I come it contact with it a lot. Plus, my wife's a kindergarten teacher. If I'm not related to them, I'm not that interested.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Pictures of my apartment would burn the eyes out of you skull, everything is carved out of diamond.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    -starting sentences with "basically" (when the person doesn't mean it, but is only being verbose and idiotic. stop playing smart.)

-many subway related things

-repeating, ie:
    "is Jimmy there?"
    "no, he isn't here..."
    "oh, he isn't huh...?"

THAT'S WHY I CHOSE THE WORDS.

Pictures of my apartment would burn the eyes out of you skull, everything is carved out of diamond.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Lately, it's been...people driving around Austin not knowing where the fuck they are going, going significantly less than the speed limit, looking all around them at all times like they're at Disneyland, putting on a blinker and then deciding at the last second not to turn, or even worse starting to turn and then part-way into it aborting the turn...just go back to California already, you culture-killing bastards.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    My current pet peeves are almost all subway-related.

In addition to the old standards, I hate it when people (especially big people or those with voluminous clothing/baggage) get on the train and post up right inside the doors when there is room to stand further in or down the aisle. Then when people are coming they straighten up for minute out of "courtesy." If you're not getting off at one of the next two stops, step away from the damn door!

mothra forking cosign.

i could rant for ever about the subway, all comes down to fools who have no idea how to ride a train, or worse think that their $2 subway ride allows them to act like they own the train.

and 90% of the time it relates directly to folks who hog the door spots like standing there will add an extra inch to their dick or something (yes pause). get the fuck out the way son!!!!

• just go back to California already, you culture-killing bastards.

like bad drivers are restricted to CA.

like driving has anything whatsoever to do with "culture."

like your Austin "culture" is being killed.

like said "culture" is somehow superior to anyone else's.

like you're not the biggest herb crybaby on this message board.

L

O

L

seriously never stop posting, please. you make my days.

• it makes me cringe when people wear t-shirts that are too big in the collar

how about when it's too big in the collar and then you see that they've shaved a t-shirt shape into their body hair. Those ladies disgust me.

• just go back to California already, you culture-killing bastards.

like bad drivers are restricted to CA.

like driving has anything whatsoever to do with "culture."

like your Austin "culture" is being killed.

like said "culture" is somehow superior to anyone else's.

like you're not the biggest herb crybaby on this message board.

L

O

L

seriously never stop posting, please. you make my days.

He really is the closest thing to an angry Le Toupt we'll ever experience. Throw a French accent in the mix and it's basically his doppelganger.