beers that get you shitfaced

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
and I don't know what it is about these two beers that are so effective on me. One Sapporo and I'm riding high (helps that its big i guess). Two 90 Minutes and the room is spinning. One beer I can't drink is Red Stripe. Two of those and I feel hung over within the hour.

Comments

• i cant really get shitfaced on beer alone. but thats cuz after 2 im really full.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

^^^ Drank it for a couple months, realized it was making me sick. Miller Lite makes me sleepy. I'm on Asahi, Tsingtao, Hite, Red Stripe, Heinekin, Pabst, and Budweiser.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Same with me usually. But don't sweat, you'll find your magic ones. Just

• ^^^ Drank it for a couple months, realized it was making me sick. Miller Lite makes me sleepy. I'm on Hite, Red Stripe, Heinekin, Pabst, and Budweiser.

this shit is nastay

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    MGD gives me the shits.

• for the last few years, i'm strictly beer + shot, but used to ride for exclusively for belgian trappist shit, optimator, and cheap ass malt liquor.

• yes, drinking lots of whiskey will do this to you too. and it burns like poopen tapatio.

• belgian trappist shit,

oh yeah! this has got me shitfaced off a lil bottle.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

21% alcohol. I bought one and tried to drink it in the midst of moving out of my apartment. i couldn't do it. Very tough beer, also pretty tough to come by.

14% alcohol, but way too sweet. Good night.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I am a dedicated Belgian beer junkie, so I rarely fuck with anything less than 7%ABV.

Here are a few faves that are guaranteed to get you bent.

Been singing the praises of this one for a couple years now. Delicious.

Holy fuck this beer is good. At $6-$8/bottle, though, you might have to ration these.

Batten down the hatches and turn your phone off before trying to down a sixer of this. One of Michigan's finest.

If you are looking for an inevitable blackout experience, this is your horse. Seriously. I don't care who you are, two 24OZ bottles of this and you will be F-R-O-Z-E. ABV changes yearly, but hovers steadily b/w 15-18%ABV.

The undisputed champ? Possibly. Consider yourself lucky if you manage to get your hands on a bottle of 2002 World Wide Stout. 23%ABV will do a number on even the most weathered of alcoholics. Warn friends and relatives before imbibing to mitigate inevitable untoward behavior.

21% alcohol. I bought one and tried to drink it in the midst of moving out of my apartment. i couldn't do it. Very tough beer, also pretty tough to come by.

yeah i've tried some of those mega-potent beers before. Based on my experience they pretty much taste like shit. 8 or 9% seems to be the upper-strata for beers before they start tasting like rubbing alcohol.

Yes, this stuff is definitely strong, and definitely too sweet. Kind of has a bizarre, medicinal taste to it as well. A weird one.

Belgian beers are have been mad trendy in Milwaukee for a few years now. There's a bar here that pretty much specializes them and sort of popularized them around town. At this point you can get them anywhere. They're tasty, but its hard to get shitfaced on them because they're so heavy. I rarely finish two.

8 or 9% seems to be the upper-strata for beers before they start tasting like rubbing alcohol.

You sir, are buggin'.

you're really into those 20%ers?

you're really into those 20%ers?

20%ers? No, definitely not. Maybe one over the course of an hour if I'm at home, but certainly not on the regular. My palette, however, is firmly planted in the 10-13% range. To me, high quality trappist and tripel ales are as good as it gets. There is a richness and complexity to the beers of Rochefort, Westvleteren, Struise, etc. that is really unparalleled. That said, I am perfectly happy drinking Keystone out of a wheelbarrow as well.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

^^^ Drank it for a couple months, realized it was making me sick. Miller Lite makes me sleepy. I'm on Hite, Red Stripe, Heinekin, Pabst, and Budweiser.

this shit is nastay

Like a cross between cheap malt liquor and windex.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    At $6-$8/bottle

That's the thing about these fancy octuple ales and whatnot... I think it would be more cost effective to have a real drug habit.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

b/w

• There's a couple of Belgian beers that knock me out after having 2 or 3......Unlike the name of the brand implies, La Chouffe (the Midget) is one of them. Nice beer but you do need a proper foundation (food that is) before you have a couple.

My dad has serious issues with Duvel....for some reason it gets out the mad man in him. He once drank a couple at a bar. When he asked for the bill he went angry with the waiter. My dad was so convinced he only had like 2 beers and there were 4 beers on the bill. After a brief but heated discussion with the manager he smashed a glass against the wall behind the bar.
    I had to hear this story from my mom years later as he didn't dare to tell me straight in the face.
    He never touched a Duvel again.

There must be something about this beer that affects certain people. I have heard more stories about this brand. Guess the name says it all.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    There's a couple of Belgian beers that knock me out after having 2 or 3......Unlike the name of the brand implies, La Chouffe (the Midget) is one of them. Nice beer but you do need a proper foundation (food that is) before you have a couple.

true!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Belgian beers are have been mad trendy in Milwaukee for a few years now. There's a bar here that pretty much specializes them and sort of popularized them around town. At this point you can get them anywhere. They're tasty, but its hard to get shitfaced on them because they're so heavy. I rarely finish two.

Yeah those belgian beers are heavy and strong. I had my work christmas party at the belgian beer cafe in sydney. After some really nice food and five of those suckers at 8.5% each i was ready for bed.

• Beer throughout the Middle East (at least in the countries that allow it), usually has between 10% to 12.5% alcohol per bottle. I've had beer in Armenia, Lebanon, and Syria, and they're all damn good and do the trick twice as fast...

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Brooklyn Brewery LOCAL 1

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    MGD gives me the shits.
    Str8 Laxative.

Any import beer is certain to have me slizzin.

• I live for this guy...tripel, abt 12, prior 8:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Lovejoy's Brewpub here in Austin brews a barleywine in old Jack Daniels barrels called Old Vixen that is around 12% ABV. They limit 2 per customer (or try to). That stuff is really tasty and will have you feeling all warm and fuzzy after the first sifter they serve you.

I homebrew beer and this year for the holidays I made a Honey Porter that was 9.17% ABV. It was really smooth and everyone that tried it underestimated how strong it was. I had a house party where everyone brought beer and I iced down a cooler of the Honey Porter to share. Everyone got so drunk off the Honey Porter that they couldn't finish their own beer. The next day my fridge was loaded up with all of the beer everyone left. I need to do that again soon.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

I got the red label version of this in my fridge...waiting for the right time to drink it...maybe tonight.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    To me, high quality trappist and tripel ales are as good as it gets.

Those are excellent beers...but have you had the Sam Adams Tripel Bock? That shit is disgusting. Like drinking a cocktail of soy sauce, robitussin, and maple syrup.

Please do not overlook our friends at the Rogue Brewery in Newport, OR. The imperial family - stout, i.p.a., and pilsner - will all do you right while they knock you on your can. And the ceramic bottles are great, too.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

last year me and grope got sloshed with kwak.
    prost