THE OFFICIAL WIRE SEASON 5 THREAD

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Oh, and this needs to be represented in the OFFICIAL thread.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Oh, and this needs to be represented in the OFFICIAL thread.

love the herc graemlin!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    oh shit! THAT IS WALKER!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    oh shit! THAT IS WALKER!

i don't think so...

oh shit! THAT IS WALKER!

i don't think so...

This is kinda like when O-Dog shoots Bodie in Season 4 (retroactive spoiler warning.[/b] Then again if you haven't seen season 4 what the heck are you doing in this thread anyway), if you didn't look carefully it might have been Michael. They didn't really do much to show 100% clearly that it is the same guy--call it Simon's addiction to withholding exposition. Anyway, I would think that in a normal show they would make a big deal about how the new detective is the villain from the previous season but you never know with the Wire, so I'm not 100% sure. He's only in a few shots and he doesn't say anything which could explain why the actor Jonnie Brown isn't listed in the credits.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    yeah maybe...but i'm almost sure that is not the same actor.

• i know we all look alike, but that's not walker.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I'm open to suggestion but I think it's Walker. His character was last seen in Ep 11 of last season, McNulty expressed his dislike of him to Bodie and even made the epigraph of the episode, 'You play in dirt, you get dirty'. Although this could be completely irrelevant.

but alas on looking at imdb pics, there ain't a chance in hell that it is the same guy. apologies, i'm white.

• Those are two different people, they don't look at all the same or have the same body type.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This article in The Atlantic put a different perspective on David Simon for me, kind of brought him down to earth a little bit, from all-seeing genius to a pretty smart dude who is bitter as a motherfucker and possibly even a bit off of his assessments of the media world.

The Angriest Man In Television

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Those are two different people, they don't look at all the same or have the same body type.

Not only are they not the same character but there is no way that Walker would be promoted from patrol car to detective unless he had "a rabbi." Everyone knew he was croocked.

• yeah, dont hthink its him. mcnulty was icegrilling just cause he was pissed to be taken off the marlo case and cause he's a dick

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Y'all sound white. Those are two different black actors.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The pork rinds, apparently the favorite of the American thug, ran out so quickly that one of the low-ranking gang members in attendance was dispatched to acquire several more bags.

• oh shit! THAT IS WALKER!

i don't think so...

This is kinda like when O-Dog shoots Bodie in Season 4 (retroactive spoiler warning.[/b] Then again if you haven't seen season 4 what the heck are you doing in this thread anyway), if you didn't look carefully it might have been Michael. They didn't really do much to show 100% clearly that it is the same guy--call it Simon's addiction to withholding exposition. Anyway, I would think that in a normal show they would make a big deal about how the new detective is the villain from the previous season but you never know with the Wire, so I'm not 100% sure. He's only in a few shots and he doesn't say anything which could explain why the actor Jonnie Brown isn't listed in the credits.

that isn't Walker.

but Michael DID shoot Bodie.

that is all.

oh shit! THAT IS WALKER!

i don't think so...

that isn't Walker.

that is all.

Bodie got shot? Ah damn. Now who's running the corner, Poot and Wallace?

• oh shit! THAT IS WALKER!

i don't think so...

that isn't Walker.

that is all.

Bodie got shot? Ah damn. Now who's running the corner, Poot and Wallace?

You're joking, right?

• but Michael DID shoot Bodie.

wrong.

You're joking, right?

Wallace got shot too?

Yes, joking.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

wrong.

i cant believe this is even up for debate. who do you think shot him?

wrong.

prove it. seriously I'm not goading you; I wanna know.

as I remember Chris and Snoop are driving Michael to Bodie's corner.

there is also a scene earlier in that episode (maybe the episode before) where Michael's in the back seat dozing off and Chris is telling him specifically how when you merk someone you can't think about who it is or how you know the person, etc.

this was in my opinion a concerted attempt by Chris to get Michael to do the thing, despite that Michael knew Bodie personally and didn't really have any beef with him.

while I know it's dark and dude was wearing a hood (so we can't be 100% certain), where is the evidence that it was anyone other than Michael?

wrong.

O-Dog.

wrong.

O-Dog.

did you read this on a blog somewhere and adopt it as some self-evident truth? where are you getting this?

that isn't Walker.

that is all.

I'm willing to concede that it's not Walker, the detective seems shorter and slimmer than Walker, but it is 100% certain, from the voice of god himself David Simon speaking from on high in the DVD commentary that it is not Michael who did Bodie. Plus in the scene just before Chris says that Michael shouldn't be the shooter and are you calling Chris a liar?

• from the voice of god himself David Simon speaking from on high in the DVD commentary that it is not Michael who did Bodie.

well I haven't seen that so I defer.

• Quoth the episode guide on HBO.com:

On his corner, Bodie's having a slow night, along with Poot and Spider, who is now working the corner. When Poot alerts him to Chris approaching, Bodie refuses to leave. "This is my corner. I ain' runnin'." He fires at the cars Snoop and Chris are ducking behind, as Poot pleads with him to run. Unable to convince Bodie to flee, Poot finally runs for cover, passing a young hooded boy - O-Dog, one of Snoop and Chris's trainees - who creeps up to Bodie and shoots him in the head.[/b] Bodie falls to the ground and is finished with a second shot to the head. He lays there dead, as O-Dog jogs off to join his mentors.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    from the voice of god himself David Simon speaking from on high in the DVD commentary that it is not Michael who did Bodie.

damn, i feel as if my grasp on reality is shook. i was so certain it was michael.

i also, assuming it was michael, appreciated the symmetry to wallace's murder.

dollarbin, do you remember what d.simon said in the commentary?

wrong.

prove it. seriously I'm not goading you; I wanna know.

as I remember Chris and Snoop are driving Michael to Bodie's corner.

there is also a scene earlier in that episode (maybe the episode before) where Michael's in the back seat dozing off and Chris is telling him specifically how when you merk someone you can't think about who it is or how you know the person, etc.

this was in my opinion a concerted attempt by Chris to get Michael to do the thing, despite that Michael knew Bodie personally and didn't really have any beef with him.

while I know it's dark and dude was wearing a hood (so we can't be 100% certain), where is the evidence that it was anyone other than Michael?

theres a scene where marlo and chris are talking about it and they decide that michaels first hit should be on someone he doesnt know.

from the voice of god himself David Simon speaking from on high in the DVD commentary that it is not Michael who did Bodie.

damn, i feel as if my grasp on reality is shook. i was so certain it was michael.

i also, assuming it was michael, appreciated the symmetry to wallace's murder.

dollarbin, do you remember what d.simon said in the commentary?

I'd have to go back and listen to it but he basically said that he felt that they made it clear in the previous scene between Chris and Marlow that they wouldn't use Michael for the shooting.