THE OFFICIAL WIRE SEASON 5 THREAD

12346»

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Questions:

What do you think it was that Vondas showed Marlo on the I-phone lookin' deal? (was that an I-phone?)

When Chris Partlow referred to "making his move" and "going away" was he just referring to living at Monk's crib to facilitate the Omar set-up?

Do you think Levy was underestimating Marlo when he chuckled at the fact that Marlo is using a cell phone and predicted upcoming wire tap cases? The reason I say this is because Marlo would not do anything that is not in his best interest, he's smarter than everyone and always has an answer for everything.

Where'd Omar go? They got him man. I thought for sure he'd be ahead of them but nope, they got him.

What was up with the last scene w/ Freamon and the weird noise on the Wire?

McNutty and Templeton meeting at the paper was a gut buster. Fuckin douchebags.

is omar is going the way of the kgb sopranos russian - never to be seen or heard from again?
    that would def increase his mythical status

the phone situation between vondas & marlo is a mystery thats yet to be explained. its the same thing that freamon got bugged out at in the last scene.

i cringe at every scene dedicated to mcnulty and freamon's phantom serial killer. it seems completely foreign to who their characters had been the previous 4 seasons. that said, i really wonder where simon's going to take it.

where is the clay davis situation going? you know its going to turn into something big since theyve been dedication so much screen time to it. funny how his "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiii-" got cut off by narice (sp?) last night.

from the 'coming attractions' to next weeks episode, looks like randy's coming back

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Questions:

What do you think it was that Vondas showed Marlo on the I-phone lookin' deal? (was that an I-phone?)

They both said that they should never talk on the phone but went with one anyway. Then when Freamon got an incoming call from Omar's phone it was just that fax like sound. Maybe they just calling each other as a signal that they need a re-up or meeting without saying anything, just the number shows up? They're not texting because doesn't the wire show all the numbers dialed? Just guessing here.

• Questions:

They both said that they should never talk on the phone but went with one anyway. Then when Freamon got an incoming call from Omar's phone it was just that fax like sound. Maybe they just calling each other as a signal that they need a re-up or meeting without saying anything, just the number shows up? They're not texting because doesn't the wire show all the numbers dialed? Just guessing here.

I watched last night's episode twice to try to figure this one out. My theory was that Vondas showed Marlo how to set the phone to a special mode where calls get encrypted/scrambled so they won't be picked up a wiretap. That's why Marlo had that surprised look on his face -- "You can do that on a cell phone?"

Then when Lester Freamon picks up the outgoing call from Marlo's phone on the wiretap, he realizes the audio is scrambled and so the wire is pretty much useless. Let's see if Freamon can find a solution to that problem. The HBO episode guide said pretty much the same thing...

"Vondas then hands Marlo a cell phone, instructing him to use it for legitimate calls to show police he has nothing to hide. For business matters, however, Vondas pushes a few buttons on the device, teaching Marlo some new means of covert communication."

"Freamon monitors Marlo's phone from the detail office on Clinton Street, but when a call comes in, he hears a click, a strange hiss, then nothing. Miffed, he wonders how to solve this latest mystery."

• Questions:

Vondas told him straight up: call your girl on this thing, order a pizza on this thing, just don't talk business on this thing. for that there's some alternative method that Vondas shows him; schitt maybe he just showed him an alternate land line number saved in the phone where he can be reached.

then again why would they waste an episode on it? is it really as simple as Marlo Frickin' up and using the phone in an emergency and then getting got? that would be SERIOUSLY lame.

and BTW I've been saying it since Ep 1 and I have REALLY tried to get with it but I can't: FUCK THE NEWSROOM BS. it's lame. Simon fucked up. the fake serial killer is also weak.

the Wire is in danger of going out with a wimper at this point. I hope they can turn around the 2nd half of the season.

• yeah, agreed. omar and the whole co-op drama is keeping shit afloat rightnow
    nothing else is very compelling

• A-yo! (not safe for hetero workplace)