Rest in Peace Tatiana

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I want one so badly. Probably expensive.

That second Tiger story is upsetting. What a shitty week for my kitties worldwide.

• btw, the police called off the zookeepers who were ready to use stun guns on the tiger, which would have worked, so they could kill it. do tigers deserve due process?

You have to bear in mind that the tiger has already mauled a keeper the previous year and that probably accounts for the police not wanting to sanction the use of stun guns incase it went wrong and another person was killed.

Yeah, I heard about this too. But you think they would just release back into the wild, no?

Then again, I just watched "The Host" and there was a line in there about "any animal that kills a person should be torn apart".

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I think we should be asking if we should have zoos at all.

But you think they would just release back into the wild, no?

Pretty much a double-edged sword, not much "wild" left out there and without the Zoo's there would probably not be very many of these animals in existence at this point anyways. What happens when Kanuk eventually goes ballistic?

There is a Starbucks at the Great Wall of China....there is no turning back now, we have fucked up the planet beyond repair. There are too many humans and not enough tigers. Lattes > Pandas. McSkillets > Penguins

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    McSkillets > Penguins

Penguins are far more delicious than McSkillets.

• so now its coming out that the wall around the tiger enclosure is actually several feet shorter than the code specifies. the zoo sat on this info for a couple of days while the slimy zoo director and news outlets were trying to smear the patrons for possibly taunting the animal.

the fact is many people taunt animals at zoos even if that is unseemly it doesn;t mitigate the zoo's responsibility to provide a safe environment and certainly doesn;t mean they deserved to be torn to shreds. i hope they all sue the fawking pants off the zoo and the city.

finally, human life is valued over animal life as a general principle and i doubt that is very controversial. if anyone should rest in peace its the person that died.

• but did they sit on that information BEFORE the accident. Plaintiff's lawyers want to know.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    as a general principle
    everyone's are a little different, methinks.

why would you want a zoo and the city to lose money over this? "justice"?

• if anyone should rest in peace its the person that died.

rest in pieces is more like it.

ba-dum-dum.

• why would you want a zoo and the city to lose money over this? "justice"?

damn straight. it also influences zoos/circuses/etc to take greater care.

• well, those 2 brothers that got attacked are bigtime morons. i can't believe they refused to tell authorities what happened and wouldn't even identify the victim.

• as a general principle

What kind of fucked up planet do you live on to think this kid deserved to be ripped apart by a f*cking tiger?!?!?

some real pieces of work on this site, I swear...

• well, those 2 brothers that got attacked are bigtime morons. i can't believe they refused to tell authorities what happened and wouldn't even identify the victim.

not to defend them but you don;t know their reasons for not talking and frankly if the authorities had tried to smear me i might not be so damn cooperative. these guys are probably lawyered up now and for all you know they could be getting advised to keep their mouths shut.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    as a general principle

What kind of fucked up planet do you live on to think this kid deserved to be ripped apart by a f*cking tiger?!?!?

some real pieces of work on this site, I swear...

Really reading into what I questioned, huh?

• Maybe you're being tongue-in-cheek, but your comments throughout the thread speak for themselves.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I concede

• I concede

pffsh....shhpppp....budjjjjuhh....dude, the whole point of the interwebz is that you never have to concede.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    well, those 2 brothers that got attacked are bigtime morons. i can't believe they refused to tell authorities what happened and wouldn't even identify the victim.

Had dinner w/ my SF zookeeper aunt last night. She says the kids won't talk to the police and that guys this age often come to the zoo to tease the animals- WTF?

How can you not explain to police what happened?

• She says ... that guys this age often come to the zoo to tease the animals

thats good enough for me. hang 'em, or better yet, feed them to the other big cats.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Because if they describe to police accurately what (probably) happened, there is a good chance they would just be speaking ill of the dead.

• Apparently these two kids are scheduled in court soon for disorderly conduct/public intoxication and resisting arrest (being "extremely belligerent" to police) from a previous incident.

Douches from San Jose?? SHOCK!!! ( )

Their behavior is probably more on some suburban faux-thug "stop snitching" bullshit, rather than being lawyered up.

That said, nobody deserves to be mauled by a tiger. That's some cold shit.

The homie from Bayview says via IM: "Who the hell goes to the zoo without a heater?" lololol

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    tigers > humans

Tigra

Cheetara

Kinski

Cheetah

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    She says ... that guys this age often come to the zoo to tease the animals

thats good enough for me. hang 'em, or better yet, feed them to the other big cats.

That's not what I said. I don't know what these guys did, but I was surprised to find out that people come to the zoo to tease animals. What's wrong w/ people?

Had dinner w/ my SF zookeeper aunt last night. She says the kids won't talk to the police

and supposedly they were hostile to them.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/28/MN7RU5I8P.DTL&tsp=1

i feel bad for the victim's dad. i guess he called the brothers asking where his son was cause he was expecting him for christmas dinner and they told him that his son wasn't with them. =(

• Tigra

• he was expecting him for christmas dinner

should i?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    he was expecting him for christmas dinner

should i?

Truth be told, I almost did.

I need to get away from this computer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That's not what I said. I don't know what these guys did, but I was surprised to find out that people come to the zoo to tease animals. What's wrong w/ people?

U cant be serious?

Every middle scool class that goes to the zoo, fucks w/ the animals. "Lets get it to roar?"
    Kids just do that stuff. throwin popcorn at the monkeys....etc.

• a shame for carlos the mauled, but more a shame for the tiger (who was just acting a tiger). theres a lot more teenage boys than siberian tigers in the world. i'll shed a tear for the underdog.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

U cant be serious?

Every middle scool class that goes to the zoo, fucks w/ the animals. "Lets get it to roar?"
    Kids just do that stuff. throwin popcorn at the monkeys....etc.

I grew up going to the national zoo and that was not the order of the day. You are right that people will tap on the glass or jump up and down to get the animals to look up even though they know it is against the rules. But coming to the zoo to tease animals is fucked up. And that is what her friend said. I would expect that from someone like Saba who has never shown concern for another human much less an animal.

RIP Person
    RIP Tiger

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    a shame for carlos the mauled, but more a shame for the tiger (who was just acting a tiger). theres a lot more teenage boys than siberian tigers in the world. i'll shed a tear for the underdog.

I guess that Carlos was just acting like a teenager from San Jose. RIP.