Rest in Peace Tatiana

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
and that kid. What the fuck?"That tiger didn't go crazy. That tiger went tiger!"

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I think if my son was killed by a tiger I wouldn't even be posting at all.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i feel if it was your son killed by the tiger this post would be different. perhaps a mike vick graemlin is needed symbolizing people count for more than animals?

yeah, I mean I love animals and everything too, but a person died as well. His name was Carlos Sousa Jr.

• "That tiger didn't go crazy. That tiger went tiger!"

"Sources close to the investigation told the San Francisco Chronicle that police are probing whether one of the Siberian tiger's three victims climbed over a fence Christmas Day and then dangled a leg or other body part over the moat.

A shoe and blood were found between the fence and the moat, the Chronicle reported, and a footprint has been found on a metal fence at the zoo. The investigation is looking into the possibility that the tiger escaped by latching on to a leg or other body part, the paper reported.

"Somebody created a situation that really agitated [the tiger] and and gave her some method to break her out," zoo director Manuel Mollinedo told the Chronicle. "A couple of feet dangling over the edge could possibly have done it.""

MCF

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I know I'm not the only person who walked by the TV when the news was on, saw the maruee scrolling "Tiger Escapes from zoo, kills 1, injures 2 others" and secretly thought "What?!? Awesome!"

I mean, I'm not so cold hearted to not feel bad for the dead person and the injured, but still, Tiger Rampages... kinda awesome.

• i'm not sure if the mike vick graemlin is to compare his situation to this one, but it's really a different thing. vick forced (helped force, financed forcing, whatever) dogs to kill eachother and kill the ones that wouldn't. this is a tiger acting naturally. if i was a bigass tiger i think anything moving that was impeding on my space would get me riled up too. i feel for the family of the kid that was killed and the other two that were injured but this was an avoidable situation. whether it was a lack of security or just very poor judgment, you can't put full blame on the tiger.

• I would like to know more info on this. how did it get out, did the victims play any role in it, was the zoo at fault.

and for all those starting to post about Michael Vick. Michael Vick can eat a d*ck. Dude got off easy if you ask me.

• whether it was a lack of security or just very poor judgment, you can't put full blame on the tiger.

you can't blame a tiger...at all. its a tiger. blame the zoo.

btw, the police called off the zookeepers who were ready to use stun guns on the tiger, which would have worked, so they could kill it. do tigers deserve due process?

• Incredibly insensitive post of the day:

IF the dude was taunting the tiger, WAS dangling his leg over the ledge. IF HE DID DO these things, then perhaps it is a good thing the young man was eliminated from the gene pool...stupid...Im thinkin' nature was thinin' the heard on this one

• i feel if it was your son killed by the tiger this post would be different. perhaps a mike vick graemlin is needed symbolizing people count for more than animals?

I am so fuckin' tired of folks and their opinions of "vick didnt kill a human, it isnt a big deal, people like animals more than people" as if his TORTUING of animals isnt a big deal because they are 'just" animals...animals with a unconditional love for humans, animals that help the blind, the ill...ANYONE that makes a Vick gramelin symbolizing "people count more than animals" is a dipshit, plain and simple...Vick is a scumbag...and this Carlos dude, if he did do what that they say he did, is a HUGE dumbass, plain and simple...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    and this Carlos dude, if he did do what that they say he did, is a HUGE dumbass, plain and simple...

Tatiana didn't get him.....Darwin got him.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    So they put the Tiger down? Bullshit, bullshit.
    Sad that a human life was lost, but that's fu**ing stupid

• It is fucked up, but this is the same tiger that tore the arm off of a zookeeper a year ago when she was trying to feed her. Maybe that played into why the tiger was put down.

• btw, the police called off the zookeepers who were ready to use stun guns on the tiger, which would have worked, so they could kill it. do tigers deserve due process?

You have to bear in mind that the tiger has already mauled a keeper the previous year and that probably accounts for the police not wanting to sanction the use of stun guns incase it went wrong and another person was killed.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    tigers > humans

• i cant believe the deplorable state of the nation's zoos, but we can spend billions on an imperialist war for oil in the middle east. America's zookeepers are stretched too thin.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

btw, the police called off the zookeepers who were ready to use stun guns on the tiger, which would have worked, so they could kill it. do tigers deserve due process?

You have to bear in mind that the tiger has already mauled a keeper the previous year and that probably accounts for the police not wanting to sanction the use of stun guns incase it went wrong and another person was killed.

nah, they wouldnt have known that the tiger they were faced with was the same one who had acted out previously. They were called to the zoo, saw a tiger attacking a human, and shot it. Do you think anyone (besides a vet) could tell the difference between Tatiana or some other tiger? no way.

Regarding the stun-gun issue: if you were a cop, and came accross a tiger eating someones face off, would you really want to rely on the protection of a zoo worker and their stun-gun?

• There were no zoo personnel present - the shooting took place before they could arrive. I would've shot the hell out of that tiger too.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

nah, they wouldnt have known that the tiger they were faced with was the same one who had acted out previously. They were called to the zoo, saw a tiger attacking a human, and shot it. Do you think anyone (besides a vet) could tell the difference between Tatiana or some other tiger? no way.

Regarding the stun-gun issue: if you were a cop, and came accross a tiger eating someones face off, would you really want to rely on the protection of a zoo worker and their stun-gun?

No, but only because I would want to be the one to shoot the tiger. Because then when I was old I could tell the about the time I shot a tiger with a pistol.

RAWWWWRRR = PLEASE TASE ME, BRO

• There were no zoo personnel present - the shooting took place before they could arrive.

there was no zoo personal present...at the zoo?

you can do a cite check on this, but from what i read, the cops showed up and called off the zookeepers.

• My understanding based on news reports is that the personnel with stun guns were "on the way" and the cops acted because they were not interested in waiting. That was based on the press conference yesterday and subsequent reports.

• There were no zoo personnel present - the shooting took place before they could arrive.

there was no zoo personal present...at the zoo?

you can do a cite check on this, but from what i read, the cops showed up and called off the zookeepers.

Yes, that's what I read too. In which case, the cops could have been informed of the previous incident and decided to put the animal down.

• i cant believe the deplorable state of the nation's zoos, schools, national parks, libraries, infrastructure but we can spend billions on an imperialist war for oil in the middle east. America's zookeepers, teachers, rangers, librarians are stretched too thin.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    A bad week for tigers.

I'm at my moms in Tucson. Her neighbor was just over here with this bad news. She was at the zoo in Tucson today with her grandkids. They were watching the tigers when one went in the water, appeared to have a sezure and drowned in front of their eyes. She had more details. I'm not sure if the it's in the press yet or not.

RIP Tigers

I think a better issue to argue over is not who deserves our sympathy humans or animals. I think we should be asking if we should have zoos at all.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    well the SD zoo does a lot of conservation type stuff. Like trying to get panda's to fuck against their will.

A bad week for tigers.

I'm at my moms in Tucson. Her neighbor was just over here with this bad news. She was at the zoo in Tucson today with her grandkids. They were watching the tigers when one went in the water, appeared to have a sezure and drowned in front of their eyes. She had more details. I'm not sure if the it's in the press yet or not.

RIP Tigers

I think a better issue to argue over is not who deserves our sympathy humans or animals. I think we should be asking if we should have zoos at all.

WTF...from this mornings Dallas paper....

Tiger found dead in Dallas was probably a pet[/b]
    The Associated Press
    DALLAS -- A Dallas Zoo veterinarian who performed a necropsy on a female tiger found near an apartment complex Tuesday determined that the animal had been shot to death, a zoo official said.

The tiger, which did not belong to the zoo, was found Christmas Day in a vacant lot near Interstate 35E and Overton Road.

The Agriculture Department is investigating, zoo spokeswoman Susan Eckert said.

An unidentified caller phoned a city hot line Tuesday about a dead animal, Eckert said. The sanitation crew that arrived to collect it found a full-grown tiger under a blue tarp.

"They knew this wasn't a normal thing to find along the road, so they delivered it to the zoo," Eckert said.

Dr. Thomas Alvarado performed a necropsy, an autopsy for animals. He found five gunshot wounds, including one in the head and one in the thorax.

The tiger was nearly 6 feet long and weighed about 180 pounds. Zoo officials believe she was a Bengal tiger and was "fairly young," Eckert said.

She appeared to have been in good health before being shot, although she hadn't eaten in about a day.

The tiger had all her teeth.

Zoo officials believe she was a pet because she had been declawed and had a collar around her neck.

She also had a leash that appeared to be a bicycle chain, Eckert said.

The zoo will store the tiger's body until federal officials decide what to do with it, Eckert said.

• "They knew this wasn't a normal thing to find along the road, so they delivered it to the zoo," Eckert said.

Zoo officials believe she was a pet because she had been declawed and had a collar around her neck. She also had a leash that appeared to be a bicycle chain, Eckert said.

Frickin' perry masons.

"They knew this wasn't a normal thing to find along the road, so they delivered it to the zoo," Eckert said.

Zoo officials believe she was a pet because she had been declawed and had a collar around her neck. She also had a leash that appeared to be a bicycle chain, Eckert said.

Frickin' perry masons.

I can just picture the owner, holding the tiger by that bicycle chain walking down the street saying "Bring on your Pit Bulls bitches"!!!!

• wasnt there a story of some guy in a PJ in new york last year that had a tiger or a lion that he kept in a room in his apartment?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Frickin' perry masons.

I can just picture the owner, holding the tiger by that bicycle chain walking down the street saying "Bring on your Pit Bulls bitches"!!!!

I'm sayin'! Just get some pet hyenas and baboons and shit and keep it gangster.....

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    And now they're making tiger cats?! We must stop this madness. When will the death toll end?

Rawr...