VERY first song you ever liked.

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i had a star wars theme song 45 that i used to race around the house to, arms out like i was an x-wing. that and "slip slidin' away by paul simon. i remember listening to a tape of that non-stop for a month maybe on my first tape player (i was 6 or 7)... i was all about the soft-rock.

• SocratesSocrates 137 Posts
    Not sure which song i liked first. I know my first record i ever bought back in the day with my money was Nucleus Jam On It...........

Socco

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Peter and the Wolf

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    like many little kids in the 80s, my brother and I would absolutely flip out to:
    'bad to the bone' by George Thorogood

another one would be stuff from ZZ-Top's 'Deguello' LP:
    'cheap sunglasses', 'Im bad, Im nationwide', 'I thank you' etc.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The Bristol Hotel-LL Cool J

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

"Mary, Don't You Weep"-The Swan Silvertones. I was around 3 or 4 years old. Pops played this song CONSTANTLY!!! Oddly enough, the more biblically astute I became, I realized that this song actually makes no sense whatsoever. The song mixes biblical events over 1,000 years apart, in particular, the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and the freeing of the Israelites from enslavement by the Pharoah in Egypt.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

Owner of a lonely heart - Yes

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    another one would be stuff from ZZ-Top's 'Deguello' LP:
    'cheap sunglasses', 'Im bad, Im nationwide', 'I thank you' etc.

Damn, all excellent songs! Respect.

The first song I really loved was Jackson Browne's "Doctor My Eyes." I still love it, too.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    my first musical memory was when I was 3 or so...whenever the song "the entertainer" would come on the radio my mom and I would dance in the kitchen.

This was big at my household too.

At a piano recital, any kid rocking 'The Entertainer'(or better known as 'The Sting' with kids at the time cuz of the flick it came from) was seen as some kind of virtuoso genius. At least in Stevens Point WI.

Right. As far as commercial songs go, Joplin's "The Entertainer" and "Pine Apple Rag" off The Sting OST were on constant play when I was 5-6. That was really the only secular album my parents owned. That and (Jesus - I'll admit it) the cassette tape of "Hooked on Classics" (one AND two) for those extra-crazy indoor sugar-rush trampoline sessions.

But minor-key hymns like "Rock of Ages" were my lullabies in the cradle. The Swan Silvertones and the like will always evoke a deep-seated emotional response with me.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    General echo - "Arleen"
    Queen - "Another one bites the dust"
    I cant remember which one i heard first i liked both equally though.

• i remember rocking out on my parents copies of thriller and culture club's "karma chamelion".

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    faces - lazy sunday

• Splish Splash I was taking a Bath.

Played the shit out of that 45 on my Fisher Price turntable. I have no idea how old I was. Kindergarten?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    my mom and dad used to play stevie wonders 'i just called', i would always wait for the part when he goes "NO HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN" and i'd scream it like crazy. the ridiculous thing is only 20 years later would i rediscover wonder and find out that he had so many classic songs, unlike that one

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I think it was either:

Jefferson Starship - Sarah
    A-ha - Take On Me
    or...

Beach Boys - Kokomo

LOL

Dude...I remember loving Kokomo too! It takes a real man to admit that.

First I can remember was anything off of Thriller. I was about 4 and I just remember doing back spins on the floor when one of his videos was on TV.
    im guilty of kokomo too!

• pasepase 89 Posts
    Planet Rock, Atomic Dog and Jonzun Crew - Space Cowboy.
    first record I ever owned. got it at a church raffle at sunday school. somebody at Tommy Boy was putting in work.

• beatles - eleanor rigby

from a cassette given to me by my 1st grade music teacher

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    gary nUman "cars" saw performance on snl. told pops we must go buy vinyl at fedco tomorrow. peace, stein ..