VERY first song you ever liked.

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited July 2005 in Music Talk
What was the first song you ever liked or earliest you can remember..I was about 3.Sugar Minott - Good Thing Going.

Comments

• First song I can remember really grooving to was Herb Alpert's "Rise." My dad always seemed to have that in the tapedeck of his car.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Ii think probably something by shakin'stevens.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Not sure which was the first, but it was one of these two:

John Rowles-Cheryl Moana Marie
    Johnny Nash-I Can See Clearly Now

• this and skull snaps

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think it was either:

Jefferson Starship - Sarah
    A-ha - Take On Me
    or...

Beach Boys - Kokomo

LOL

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Yeah, I'd say Green Door would have been joint first with Good Thing Going actually.

• My first favorite song was Billy Joel's "My Life." I still get all tingly when I hear it.
    I have clear memories of being 3 or 4, standing up in the backseat of my dad's car
    and dancing to this on the radio while he was filling up the car at the gas station
    at the corner of Hwy 70 and Old Hickory Blvd in Nashville.

Go ahead with your own life. Leave me alooooooone.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Hi Mike!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Yeah, I'd say Green Door would have been joint first with Good Thing Going actually.

I still own this single of shakin' stevens, thats probably the first song that had me jumping around my bedroom.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    J Geils Band - Centerfold

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Can't be too sure, but Ian Dury's 'Hit me with your Rhythm stick' comes to mind. I also used to like it when Ma & Pa rocked I shot the sherrif 'cos it reminds me of playing with cowboy Playmobil figures. I was pretty geeked by 'I Fought the Law' too, 'cos Law's my surname.

• haych3haych3 20 Posts
    J Geils Band - Centerfold

first record i bought along with golden brown by the strangler...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• Tommy James - Crystal Blue Persuasion

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    claudja barry - boogie woogie dancing shoes

1979 Montreal - disco capital of Canada, arguably North America
    i don't like disco too much now, but given the time and location - who could blame my first love?
    i begged my parents to buy me the record, they were like "uh no, you're eight, the record is called "i want to be loved by you" and this lady is showing a lot of leg." i got k-tel's circuit breaker with the song on it instead and i cherished it for a long time.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    First one I remember liking that my parents played was:

Back in My Sweet Baby's Arms - by Doc Watson

but the one I remember liking of my own free will and playing every time I was in the tub on my little tape deck:

Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Putting on the Ritz.... the first song I ever really loved. Still a fucking awesome song with great lyrics. On a more modern note I would say Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and Kris Kross "Jump". All three songs have held up pretty well over time.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i got this dudes autograph on that LP, RAER...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Marco's age 3-4 portable turntable playlist (courtesy mom & dad's record collection):

Chuck Berry: "School Days (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)"
    Charlie Byrd: LATIN IMPRESSIONS LP
    Dukas: "Sorcerer's Apprentice"

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    "love will keep us together" - captain and tenille

fuck what you heard, C&T has some good pop tunes.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my first musical memory was when I was 3 or so...whenever the song "the entertainer" would come on the radio my mom and I would dance in the kitchen.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    billie jean

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Little Willie- The Sweet

close second, A Boy Named Sue-Johnny Cash (I was obsessed with the swear word he bleeps out at the end "Cuz I'm the $#@^%! that named you Sue!")

good times driving around in Mom's VW camper van, listening to 70s AM radio(when you might actually hear those two songs on the same station in the same day)!

• My pops used to blast "Donde Vas Chichi" from the Electric Harlow album. Since we are Santeros, this was gettin crazy burn. My pop's vinyl collection is bananas. I gotta hijack his collection. Anyway, since he always played it, it was only natural that it got mad spins on my PlaySkool turntable.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    my first musical memory was when I was 3 or so...whenever the song "the entertainer" would come on the radio my mom and I would dance in the kitchen.

This was big at my household too.

At a piano recital, any kid rocking 'The Entertainer'(or better known as 'The Sting' with kids at the time cuz of the flick it came from) was seen as some kind of virtuoso genius. At least in Stevens Point WI.

• 1st 45's -- Wore these out.

Bobby Bare -- Singing in the Kitchen
    Brother Bones -- Sweet Georgia Brown/ Poor Butterfly

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Wish it was something cooler but its a tie between "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night and "Day After Day" by Badfinger.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Back when I was 3 or 4, we had this Spiderman and Disney 12" vinyl that we would drop all the time. Man, I wish I still had these joints.

The Spiderman song was the jam....Funky ass rhythm with these lyrics:
    "Spider man where are you comin from, Spider man...nobody knows who you are".

funky shit.

and the Disney record, was great too because it had all these cheesy stories and what not, and during goofy's section we always sped up goofy's voice to 45. that always had me and my brother rollin for hours!

ahhhh, thanks for the memories.

peas.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I think it was either:

Jefferson Starship - Sarah
    A-ha - Take On Me
    or...

Beach Boys - Kokomo

LOL

Dude...I remember loving Kokomo too! It takes a real man to admit that.

First I can remember was anything off of Thriller. I was about 4 and I just remember doing back spins on the floor when one of his videos was on TV.