IKE TURNER RIP

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Yup. He died.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Damn. Everybody is kicking the bucket lately.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Yup. He died.

Anyone got a link to some reporting on this?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I just found this on Dallas Morning News. http://www.dallasnews.com/
    Ike Turner's manager says the musician and ex-husband of Tina Turner has died at his suburban San Diego home. Details to come.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    WHAAAAA????

• Sad news. RIP

• DAMN RIP.

DUDE ALWAYS REPRESENTED WITH THE NECKWEAR.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The King of Rock & Roll.

• dude was versatile.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He was in his mid-70s. He had a long life of drug and alcohol abuse. He is lucky to have made it this far and still be able perform as recently as last year. He had three times a life compared to some people. He made the world better with his music and talent, and that about balanced out his BS.

RIP

There's something on my mind
    Won't somebody please, please tell me what's wrong

You're just a fool, you know you're in love
    You've got to face it to live in this world
    You take the good along with the bad
    Sometimes you're happy and sometimes you're sad
    You know you love him, you can't understand
    Why he treats you like he do when he's such a good man

He's got me smiling when I should be ashamed
    Got me laughing when my heart is in pain
    Oh no, I must be a fool
    Cause I do anything you ask me to

Without my man I don't wanna live
    You think I'm lying but I'm telling you like it is
    He's got my nose open and that's no lie
    And I, I'm gonna keep him satisfied

A wave of action speaks louder than words
    The truest thing that I ever heard
    I trust my man and all that he do
    And I, and I do anything you ask me to

• ^^^For real. RIP. Dude lived a pretty full life, all things considered. Thanks for the music, Ike!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    RIP, Garbage Man.

• I just put up a link to the obit with a repost of 'The New Breed Pt2'

http://funky16corners.wordpress.com/

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Rest in Peace.

• Man. Wasn't he working with dangermouse and the black keys making a new album? I think I read that somewhere... I was really looking forward to that.... I guess i'll have to rock doubles of funky mule tonight. RIP

• better or worse person than mike vick?

??????????

Later for the jokes, Ike also left a hell of a musical legacy and that's all that matters right now.

• Damn. Everybody is kicking the bucket lately.

As if death were a trend? No offense to you or anyone, but at least once a year for the past ten years, I've heard people say that - "wow, lot of people are dying lately." However, it is sad to see these legends go...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And if you're the type who likes a lot of music made by folks who were in their twenties 40, 50 yrs ago, this is going to be happening more and more.

• I am deeply sadened by this. He is one of my favorite musicians. He could play the hell out of the guitar, but he played keyboard so damn soulful. The song "freedom sound" almost brings me to tears everytime.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Damn. Everybody is kicking the bucket lately.

As if death were a trend? No offense to you or anyone, but at least once a year for the past ten years, I've heard people say that - "wow, lot of people are dying lately." However, it is sad to see these legends go...

Well yeah, haha, more specifically big names of music from this era are dying in seemingly larger numbers the last few years... not that this is shocking though.

• RIP. Was only yesterday i was bumping A Black Man's Soul

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Damn, RIP... a true legend indeed.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RIP to one of the all-time greats.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    RIP to one of the all-time greats.

musically he was incredible RIP

• What I'm happy to see is that in the last few years leading up to his death, more people were seeing Ike Turner as Ike Turner and NOT as The Guy Who Made Tina Turner A Star...

It was good to see him win a Grammy this year - I know that award isn't the end-all of music, but it doesn't hurt to be validated every now & then.

• It was good to see him win a Grammy this year

saying. pretty sweet that he got to see that before he bought it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    better or worse person than mike vick?

??????????

Later for the jokes, Ike also left a hell of a musical legacy and that's all that matters right now.

The fact that he was prick who beat women doesn't matter?

• The fact that he was prick who beat women doesn't matter?

*eyeroll* c'mon dude you know no one gives a fuck about what kind of person he was.

see also: R. Kelley and Marvin Gaye appreciations threads.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i should post up the interview he did on howard stern a couple months ago. really funny. prob one of his last interviews.

RIP.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Troubles and shortcomings aside, Ike Turner changed the face of popular music. I respect the man's talent and his passing is a great loss to the music world. Shit, many a music great were far from patron saints (e.g., Miles Davis, Marvin Gaye, Janis Joplin, Peter Tosh, Johhny Cash, Hank Williams, etc.). R.I.P. Mr. Turner.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak