FINE WATCHES THREAD (NO SNEAKERS)

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

this screams class and the lighting in that photo really adds to the feel of the watch.

that said, i just cant wear a watch. i have one i LOVE but i just cant wear watches.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

this screams class and the lighting in that photo really adds to the feel of the watch.

that said, i just cant wear a watch. i have one i LOVE but i just cant wear watches.

whoa, wtf... I have the same watch, Omega SeaMaster, my pops gave it to me. I consider it one of my prized possessions.

• Sleepin on these?

http://www.breitling.com/en/

pricey like whoa tho

• Speaking of fine watches, does anyone know any good used Rolex dealers in the San Francisco area. I've been wanting an Air King for a while but looking for a decent price as well. Doing some pricing and it looks like if I get one, I'll be spending at least ~$2500 for one, a used one.

Speaking on the subject, has anyone had any good or bad experiences with used Rolex watches?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    worst watch ever

I like that ish.

Might be a bitch to tell the time in the dark though.

I guess it is since the Watch is actually asking You what time you think it is.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I never as heavy into watches as i never really liked to kno hat time it was...But growing up, you start to understand the imaginary value of a watch. Priceless.lol...

Right now i'm switching between two models :

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    No more chronometers. This is what I currently wear.

• Not really into most rolex watches but I always thought the Cellini's were really nice.

I do not like the look of Breitling watches at all. Way too busy. I have also heard that they have a lot of problems and need tons of maintenance.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Porsche Titanium Chrono (if you can handle the brand name)

IWC Deep One

Bell & Ross Instrument

Dem Spaceman dem:

I got a load of good fakes too - good stunt watches and they look 80% the part for 1/100th of the price.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    RAJ, any idea why the images don't render?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    It's funny, for a while I was wearing a cheap-ass Casio G-shock for everyday use until it died. I never replaced it and am getting used to not wearing one. I have a silver Fossil that I rock when I dress for the club with the button-down and nice shoes and shit. If I forget to put it on in said dress situation, I feel naked. Like I'll pull back around to the front of the house and run up to get it. I don't know why I feel the need to floss all of a sudden. Because it matches my wedding ring? Because nothing completes the grown-and-sexy look like a nice watch? Because I don't dress up that often?

• Fossil

need to floss

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

whoa, wtf... I have the same watch, Omega SeaMaster, my pops gave it to me. I consider it one of my prized possessions.

Ha - that's funny. Yeah, I consider the watch a kind of "inheritance" insofar as my dad literally wore it for decades and so I always associate it with him. I figured, if it lasted long enough, I could pass it to my kid but these days, I never wear it. My wife was noting that the cell phone has become the new pocket watch. I guess my daughter can inherit my iPhone instead?

Fossil

need to floss

Touche. The watch does look nice from a distance, though. Certainly when compared to that bogus-ass G-shock I used to have.

I'm on the ballin'-on-a-budget tip, so everything I'm saying is relative to that.

• Fossil

need to floss

Touche. The watch does look nice from a distance, though. Certainly when compared to that bogus-ass G-shock I used to have.

I'm on the ballin'-on-a-budget tip, so everything I'm saying is relative to that.

I am just playing, but there are some really nice non-fossil watches one can get on a budget.

www.rakuten.co.jp/nuts/img10042472344.jpeg

Fossil

need to floss

I am just playing, but there are some really nice non-fossil watches one can get on a budget.

www.rakuten.co.jp/nuts/img10042472344.jpeg

I feel ya, I'm playing too. Although I admit my watch game is fully open to ridicule. For me, paying mad loot for a watch is like paying mad loot for a haircut. Cool if you want to do it, but it's not how I'm rollin right now. I honestly don't know Tag Hauer from Tommy Hilfiger.

Once I'm out of school and have landed a new job I'll be looking to upgrade, both on the watch and haircut tip, so I'll start up a new grown man's thread once that's happening.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My cellphone tells time.

Watch Game....so last century.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    My cellphone tells time.

^^^^COLLECTS MP3s^^^^

My cellphone tells time.

^^^^COLLECTS MP3s^^^^

I dont own a Batcomputer.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i would only ever buy glash??tte. nothing else. but i really don't care about watches. i'd buy on from the 60s at the flea market though. most classic watches from the 60s look good and are cheap sometimes.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I always imagine you dressed in your Batman costume, searching Google for the right image for the right thread. I'M AFRAID OF YOU.

I always imagine you dressed in your Batman costume, searching Google for the right image for the right thread. I'M AFRAID OF YOU.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    No more chronometers. This is what I currently wear.

I'm a fan of this, less is more.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Nice one. It's also nice to be able to talk about real pieces in a collection. I mean, records are not pieces, sorry.

I'm adding this one to the everyday watches collection:

Swatch Free Chain

Fuck a Swatch. I just learnt that all you can do to these watches is change the battery. If anything breaks inside the machine you're done. No access.

I'm looking at this now:

Swiss Army Summit, you got the look of a Tag Heuer F1 for 1/4 of the price. Great everyday watch. Would buy again. Thanks.

^^^Frickin' Beautiful^^^^

• any idea why the images don't render?

One of your images didn't have a file extension in the URL, but the rest work with html tags:

Porsche Titanium Chrono (if you can handle the brand name)

IWC Deep One

Dem Spaceman dem:

I got a load of good fakes too - good stunt watches and they look 80% the part for 1/100th of the price.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Fossil

need to floss

FLOSSIL

Not really into most rolex watches but I always thought the Cellini's were really nice.

That's pretty sweet. I'd definitely f--- with one of those.

• and if there are enough zeros in your balance:

The Breitling Bentley

this is the pinnacle of dope watches