Has Anyone Here Dated a "Becky"

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Of what?

hogg talmbout Guzzo's the only "white" guy that claims not to be white.

rossy-boy said that?

interesting. for teh record I am by all recognizable and census accounts white. Therefore I am going to go ahead and say I am white, not less-white or more-white but just "white".

but yeah, I wanna know more about these guys who are less white than others.

Do they have a name? where do they shop? how do they comb their hair?

Are you just dumb or what? Someone with some dark skin in their family tree would be less white than someone without. Simple as that...

so someone who is greek or italian is less white?

Help me out here I need to know how white others are...you know for guilt purposes

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    but he's not the one who has stated several times on this very board that he is not white.

well, not in so many words I guess. but to claim that the essence of Shied's remarks do not reveal this sentiment, well, you must not be reading the kid's posts all these years.

If anywhere, the less-white business comes from deconstructing the racism either wittingly or unwittingly built into all of us and making a change towards not applying an air of superiority over others.

This is something every white American needs to do at some point in their lives, hopefully sooner than later...and for those who make a habit of viewing this lifelong cleansing process as a joke, well your true colors are showing.

Have I mastered these demons in myself completely...not even close. But I'm a lot farther along in the process than I was say a decade ago and much, much farther along than those many who insist on perpetually living in DENIAL.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    but he's not the one who has stated several times on this very board that he is not white.

well, not in so many words I guess. but to claim that the essence of Shied's remarks do not reveal this sentiment, well, you must not be reading the kid's posts all these years.

If anywhere, the less-white business comes from deconstructing the racism either wittingly or unwittingly built into all of us and making a change towards not applying an air of superiority over others.

This is something every white American needs to do at some point in their lives [/b]

do less-white people have to do it just as much as more-white people?

Of what?

hogg talmbout Guzzo's the only "white" guy that claims not to be white.

rossy-boy said that?

interesting. for teh record I am by all recognizable and census accounts white. Therefore I am going to go ahead and say I am white, not less-white or more-white but just "white".

but yeah, I wanna know more about these guys who are less white than others.

Do they have a name? where do they shop? how do they comb their hair?

Are you just dumb or what? Someone with some dark skin in their family tree would be less white than someone without. Simple as that...

so someone who is greek or italian is less white?

Help me out here I need to know how white others are...you know for guilt purposes

Yep, those who are Greek and Italian who come from families that obviously mixed with the Moors back in the day are indeed slightly less white.

Although often times, they work so hard to reject that part of their family heritage to the point that they assume themselves to be uber-white in their racist tendencies.

Case in point, my very dark-skinned and clearly racist Italian grandmother.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Becky's are exclusively white.

Same goes for Chad's.

Ill have to disagree. The behavior might have originated w/ the spoiled Caucasoid but the character traits exist w/ other peeps as well.

Then they are Veronica's or Tonia's or some shit...not Becky's.

correct

This is something every white American needs to do at some point in their lives [/b]

do less-white people have to do it just as much as more-white people?

All I know is that my white man afro is waaaaaay more authentic than yours.

• i'm more ethnic than all of you dudes!

i'm more ethnic than all of you dudes!

Yeah, but you are a sucka...so it don't much matter.

Yeah, but you are a sucka...so it don't much matter.

^^^^^

MAD CAUSE HE'LL NEVER BE MISTAKEN FOR "SWARTHY"

• but he's not the one who has stated several times on this very board that he is not white.

This is something every white American needs to do at some point in their lives, hopefully sooner than later...and for those who make a habit of viewing this lifelong cleansing process as a joke, well your true colors are showing.

Have I mastered these demons in myself completely...not even close. But I'm a lot farther along in the process than I was say a decade ago and much, much farther along than those many who insist on perpetually living in DENIAL.

Hilarious. White people as inherently "unclean." Your thoughts are repulsive. The life you suggest sounds miserable.

Don't lie. Everyone is equally ethnic. White people are an extremely exotic ethnic group.

Hilarious. White people as inherently "unclean." Your thoughts are repulsive. The life you suggest sounds miserable.

Whites who grow up in America have to de-socialize themselves from their inherent assumptions of white privelege. And I don't have to hate myself or anyone else for that matter to realize this common circumstance of living as a "fortunate son" within a historically racist society.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm not as confused by the term "Becky" as I am by the term "Dating" in this thread.

• I am getting confused. Can someone please define a Becky in 50 words or less? And how can I tell if I 'm one or not? I mean I make requests for rap when I go out sometimes.

"Becky" is contemporary slang for "valley girl"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i'm more ethnic than all of you dudes!

Oh yeah? Well, a black girl once told me that I'm not white, I just have white skin. I GOT MY NON-WHITE PASS!

• This is something every white American needs to do at some point in their lives, hopefully sooner than later...and for those who make a habit of viewing this lifelong cleansing process as a joke, well your true colors are showing.

no, dude, what's a "joke" is a dude who has consistently shown himself to have a Ras Kass-level of racial sensitivity and historical context telling other "white" people what they "need" to be doing in their lives. that's a joke.

your psychoanalysis of people you don't know is a joke. your vast knowledge of the history of the Moors and of migration patterns in Italy is a joke. you are a joke.

now put a Moorish gerbil on your Christmas list you crackpot.

I got work to do.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Strut has been having a lot of these would-be-better-as-a-PM-exchange-but-people-are-yelling-at-each-other-in-thread moments lately.

Back to the Beckies already!

no, dude, what's a "joke" is a dude who has consistently shown himself to have a Ras Kass-level of racial sensitivity and historical context telling other "white" people what they "need" to be doing in their lives. that's a joke.

your psychoanalysis of people you don't know is a joke. your vast knowledge of the history of the Moors and of migration patterns in Italy is a joke. you are a joke.

now put a Moorish gerbil on your Christmas list you crackpot.

I got work to do.

Awww, the people who recognize that some seriously foul shit has been going down along the lines of race for centuries in this country aren't so sensitive to the feelings of those whites who want to be glad-handed into ever changing their wholly-fucked-up perspectives. Boo hoo for you that Ras Kass made you feel like hip-hop isn't always all-inclusive, that racism is inherited and often working on sub-conscious levels, and that there is a more than a little reconsidering of the white version of world history to be done. If only such adminosihments could be delivered within the warmth of a kumbaya camp-fire session. We could roast marshmallows together, I swear.

• Whites who grow up in America have to de-socialize themselves from their inherent assumptions of white privelege. And I don't have to hate myself or anyone else for that matter to realize this common circumstance of living as a "fortunate son" within a historically racist world[/b].

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Ras Kass-level of racial sensitivity and historical context

Damn, that was cold.

Damn, that was cold.

Whatever, Ras Kass shot from the hip...so even if his "facts" were ultimately faulty, his very real feelings behind Nature of the Threat were as genuine as it gets.

Plus, as far as racial sensitivity, Ras was only speaking/rapping...so I'd consider that to be extremely gentle, opposed to other ways he could have chosen to express himself.

For instance, read Cleaver's Soul On Ice for some seriously insensitive treatment of Becky's.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Damn, that was cold.

But this was the knockout:

Now put a Moorish gerbil on your Christmas list

And I'm mostly on Shied's team!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Damn, that was cold.
    even if his "facts" were ultimately faulty, his very real feelings behind Nature of the Threat were as genuine as it gets.

Damn, that was cold.

For instance, read Cleaver's Soul On Ice for some seriously insensitive treatment of Becky's.

I wasn't really trying to insert myself into this argument, I was just giving Young Chadwick his kudos for a quality zing.

I actually like 'Nature of the Threat'. And, yes, I've read 'Soul On Ice', albeit not since high school. It's probably worth revisiting. Maybe I'll just listen to Ice Cube's 'Cave Bitch'. Those are kinda like the Cliffs Notes, right? Sorry, bad joke.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Maybe I'll just listen to Ice Cube's 'Cave Bitch'. Those are kinda like the Cliffs Notes, right?
    to soul on ice, or this thread?

Maybe I'll just listen to Ice Cube's 'Cave Bitch'. Those are kinda like the Cliffs Notes, right?
    to soul on ice, or this thread?

Huh? No. The Cliffs Notes to Harvey's private mindgarden.

jokes.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm white & have only ever dated white girls

that means I'm a racist right?

I'm white & have only ever dated white girls

that means I'm a racist right?

Well you're certainly no kala.

• This is something every white American needs to do at some point in their lives, hopefully sooner than later...and for those who make a habit of viewing this lifelong cleansing process as a joke, well your true colors are showing.

Damn, that was cold.
    even if his "facts" were ultimately faulty, his very real feelings behind Nature of the Threat were as genuine as it gets.

Harvey speaks from his gut!

• The Becky I dated throughout college was halfway hip on the New Order/Depeche Mode/REM tip...but when I brought her to the theater to see Menace II Society, she cursed me through tears for ever subjecting her to such a harsh ending.

And of course cold-hearted me was kinda ruthless in response on the "that-shit's-way-realer-than-you'd-ever-care-to-admit" tip.

We didn't last much longer after that...

Then again, I kinda got to know the guy she wound up marrying and although he was whiter and seemingly more conservative than me, I knew him to keep a loaded 9mm under his bed and listen to Spice 1's debut album incessantly.

I sometimes wonder how things worked out for them...

This is some of the funniest shit I have ever read on Soulstrut!