Saigon quits the "rap game"

Comments

• Dude recently started beefin' with Joe Buddens...but who really cares.

Seriously, Joe Buddens sucks.

Saigon is kinda funny on some "I'm a community activist, anti-violence, pro-education" and he's best known for beating people up and now threatening chicks too. Sorry guy, you've got some anger/alcohol issues to deal with before you can advocate non-violence.

All that shit aside, he is a pretty good rapper. Honestly though, I won't miss him.

• Saigon vs. Papoose

who you got and why do you care?

• Dude recently started beefin' with Joe Buddens...but who really cares.

Is he even still around? I remember MTV doing a special on him and all he talked about was how his big single wasn't catching on and how his record label was going to start stressing his "street cred" to boost sales.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Saigon vs. Papoose

who you got and why do you care?

Just Blaze.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    If Turtle from Entourage still managed him, he would not have these career problems.

• I know by what he says it's easy to clown on him, but I've heard a lot of the album and it IS INCREDIBLE. Is sai on a nas illmatic level rapper..of course not.

But he is better (to me) than a large amount of what's coming out. Just put his all into the album and it shows.

It's too bad Sai has talked a good amount of people away from caring about him or his album. If he was humble and just waited for people to hear the album people would be shocked at how good it really is.

Some people aren't built for fame I guess. It's just sad for the other people involved who are affected by his actions.

• Some people aren't built for fame I guess. It's just sad for the other people involved who are affected by his actions.

I would be put in jail for murdering this dude if I was Just Blaze..all this Frickin' work and then dude is talking like this.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I would be put in jail for murdering this dude if I was Just Blaze..all this Frickin' work and then dude is talking like this.
    i'm sure dude turned down some great $$$$ to finish this album up the right way.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I got some insiders that told me the opposite...actually it's Sai who shoul dhave killed Blaze a couple of time. And i forgot to say that i FULLY understand his reaction to the female reporter AND i agree on his takes about Nelly and the threesomes...LOL.

• Saigon used to rap?
    I thought he was JUSTBLAZE new puppet

and you are...?

• wow he showed up to a radio station drunk, now that is truly rebellious. next thing he will be switching the price tags on records.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Is this guy so good? Everytime I hear him, he sounds like Jay-Z lite.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    someone name me five good saigon songs off the top of their head

• I like that joint Come Again

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    four more?

Say Yes, Favorite things, Color Purple, The Letter P, etc...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Stocking cap
    Yes
    Letter P
    L.O.V.E.
    Pop Quiz(Multiple Choice)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    a mufuckah riding for him can't even list five songs of his that are good?

i'm sorry but behind all the hype i've heard over dude for close to FIVE years now, i haven't heard anything i would even put on "mixtape classic" status. that plus all this whiny shit = zzzzz. yes, i'm sure he got shafted somehow but any artist coming up nowadays better be prepared to get shafted in some fashion (noayo)

• Say Yes, Favorite things, Color Purple, The Letter P, etc...

You asked for 4 more...

"Diduntdidunt" is good song too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

You asked for 4 more...
    i meant from johnny. just woke up, my messageboard skillz aren't focused yet.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    someone name me five good saigon songs off the top of their head

Kiss The Babies
    Stocking Cap
    Preacher
    Let A N***a Know
    Come Again

i've heard over this board for close to FIVE years now, i haven't heard anything from Brian i would even put on "cool dude" status. That plus all this whiny shit = zzzzz.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i've heard over this board for close to FIVE years now, i haven't heard anything from Brian i would even put on "cool dude" status. That plus all this whiny shit = zzzzz.
    damn homie
    you didn't have to take it there
    i'm quitting the messageboard game cos of that

What a Life ??? Featuring Tre Williams A BIG CHUNE!!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is quite funny. Check the comments as well - the last dude really lets him have it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think hes good sometimes. I was definitely looking foward to the album.

He seems like a really annoying person to deal with though, and this move is just capital stupid. All that wheres the edumacation talk is pretty rediculous too when you show up to a radio morning show drunk talking about slapping people.

I think they have schools for educating people, if its really all up to the rappers then we are really fucked.

I dunno about the shady industry politics, but i kinda believe that everyone involved probably got fucked over at some point cause thats just how shit works.

I would actually really like to hear his album, and im pretty sure this is just a lame ass marketing attempt, but who knows....rappers can be REALLY dumb.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    wow he showed up to a radio station drunk, now that is truly rebellious. next thing he will be switching the price tags on records.
    I very nearly spit coffe all over the work computer because of that one.

I haven't really listened to Saigon, but I'll check some of the songs mentioned above. I predict he'll be "coming back from retirement" pretty soon though...

There's no retirement...it's all stunts and promotion.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Saigon-The-Moral-of-...189033217QQrdZ1
    http://www.abandonednation.com/onlinestore.htm#MORAL

PS: Brian, i was joking...i hope i didnt hurt your pride...lol.