Non-Leather Non-Sweatshop (Non-RR) Shoes?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BATMON is lurking in here like a troll looking for doodie stew, so be careful what pictures you post or he'll be rocking the caca toof while telling you that you are not qualified to be knowin bout sneakers on soulstrut.

Onetet.....Google Nike Considered. They seem to be doin exactly what your requsting.
    I checked out an old Sneaker Freaker magazine that had an interview w/ the designers and they were all about the enviorment/raw materials/etc. Thet even adressed the Nike Hatt that most cats have.

If u listen to hemol, u wont gety any dates. Trust me on this.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Onetet.....Google Nike Considered. They seem to be doin exactly what your requsting.
    I checked out an old Sneaker Freaker magazine that had an interview w/ the designers and they were all about the enviorment/raw materials/etc. Thet even adressed the Nike Hatt that most cats have.

Cool, I'll check em out. Thanks.

• There this cat who designs sneakers made from rare Unicorn Bone thats super-durable. The cushioning system is rumoured to be similar to clouds.

ahahha

• I've had two pairs of trainers (sneakers) from Vegetarian Shoes and they've been the best made trainers I've owned. One pair I bought four years ago and wore all the time. They're still going strong. The other pair are still going strong after two years.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I've had two pairs of trainers (sneakers) from Vegetarian Shoes and they've been the best made trainers I've owned. One pair I bought four years ago and wore all the time. They're still going strong. The other pair are still going strong after two years.

Hmm, which models did you buy? (link to their site above)

• I've had two pairs of trainers (sneakers) from Vegetarian Shoes and they've been the best made trainers I've owned. One pair I bought four years ago and wore all the time. They're still going strong. The other pair are still going strong after two years.

Hmm, which models did you buy? (link to their site above)

These and these.

• Options

Cool, I'll check em out. Thanks.

If you have a Nike outlet near you check there for them, they wind up there a lot.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    I'm trying to find a durable, comfortable, non-fugly shoe that is non-leather and verifiably non-sweatshop.

I've bought a lot of pairs from the brand called Vegetarian Shoes and while they were incredibly comfortable and looked okay, durability was next to nil... most of the pairs had cracks or holes in the heel w/in a few months, and at $125+ per that's not making the grade.

Definitely don't want to support Payless for all the obvious reasons on top of the possibility that their shoes are made by 10-year-old girls in SE Asia.

Prefer an independent, progressive, high-quality company but would go with a major brand if I could buy with confidence that the shoes weren't sweatshop produced.

A lot of you seem to know a lot about footwear. Any brands you've personally tried that you were pleased with?

I just got a pair of these online for $85

NB are (very) comfortable, durable, non sweat-shop, American Made & non real leather.

I also wear NB because they exemplify that I live THE CRATE-DIGGING LIFESTYLE quote unquote.

How could you go wrong?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    MY BUMPS

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    saucony did a vegan range late last year

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    There this cat who designs sneakers made from rare Unicorn Bone thats super-durable. The cushioning system is rumoured to be similar to clouds.

Wait, aren't Unicorns an endangered species? Are they kufi-friendly?

- spidey

• While I'm aware of the ecological impact issues, I've already decided that I prefer to buy non-leather shoes.

I recently met with a rep from a company that makes an environmentally friendlier alternative to Neoprene. He told me that workers in shoe factories in Korea had something like 70% higher rates of testicular cancer as a direct result of working with the chemicals in fake leather products. I'm loathe to "cite" a study I haven't read myself and only heard about second-hand, but you might wanna do a little more research on the issue.