AEIOU ii Tracklist Discussion

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    still needs some work
    unattainable quest

cos,wispyjojo been talkin to you about running a circuit?

Yeah man, it's going down I thinketh. I'll be with Cullen tonight and hear more.

• still needs some work
    unattainable quest

Best kind, right?

• Dianne & The New Worlds - Steve Says

They use the Purple Fox version too ('Patch Of Grass'). I think it jumps from the 'Patch Of Grass' to 'Steve Says' and back to 'Patch of Grass'.

The Young Sound 'The Model T' is somewhere near the end. The Millenium 'Prelude' is either just before or just after the bit where Kanye says Diplo has many records.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I was in a record shop a while back and one of the AEIOU mixes was playing, but I forgot to ask which one... however, I definitely* heard "Sweet Bacon" by Julian Covey. Was this the first mix I was listening to, or the second?

* sort of pretty sure, I think, or something else I recognised

• stil have not heard this. didnt see it in the thredd , did i miss it? otherwise is thaer any chance of an upload?

• you can buy it at a record store or at tur ntable lab. There weren't any links in the thread. Ask tripledouble if you can buy a copy, probably cheaper that way.

• Maaaan. Can y'all help ID the source of "Hush Now"?? I have the version on the Jimi/Curtis Knight lp and it's instrumental and more funky. I have this budget lp called "Hush Now" that has a version that is VERY SIMILAR but it is not the version on the mix. I would very much like to track that version down and appreciate any help.

• Maaaan. Can y'all help ID the source of "Hush Now"?? I have the version on the Jimi/Curtis Knight lp and it's instrumental and more funky. I have this budget lp called "Hush Now" that has a version that is VERY SIMILAR but it is not the version on the mix. I would very much like to track that version down and appreciate any help.

is it any of these?

wah wah

level

torture me honey

i personally dig these slower versions more than the regular "hush now".

• Damn dude thanks for putting those up. I think it's the last one but it doesn't have the vocals. The search continues...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Damn dude thanks for putting those up. I think it's the last one but it doesn't have the vocals. The search continues...

dude the album is fairly common. its on capitol and its called "Get that feelin". that and "Flashing" are by far the best two albums from their '67 sessions, and theyre both on capitol.

IMG src=http://991.com/newGallery/Jimi-Hendrix-Get-That-Feeling-382537.jpg>

cover

i got mine for a dollar and i see it WAY more than flashing, which i've only seen once in the real world. if you cant find a copy i'll try to get one for you.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    diplo posted vol 1 at Mad Decent recently

http://maddecent.com/blog/2008/02/12/aeiou-number-1/

i made this mix (the original AEIOU mix) like 8 yrs ago! it was when me and my boy triple double ran an illegal fight club out of the basement of silk city somewhere between funk and rock and soul and dumb stuff mixed live at a wwe raw show???. we disregarded mixing at some points so get used to it??? u also get to learn how to make springfield soul stew!
    if u like it you can get the better one and follow up at t u r n t a b l e l a b.com

• Tony we need to do a AEIOU party again with pi??atas and Duey on the visuals.

if one of you philly dudes talks to duey, tell him hi from me. lost track of him.

this mix is dope, it inspired me to make my mix and really changed any break mixes that came after it.

Tony, what was that mexican record you played at pianos, the horns man, the horns.... killing it. I'm going to go back and listen at work tomorrow and see if I can pick out any extra ids just for fun.

here's one off the top of my head, Herb Bernstein and the New Crusade.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Tony we need to do a AEIOU party again with pi??atas and Duey on the visuals.

if one of you philly dudes talks to duey, tell him hi from me. lost track of him.

this mix is dope, it inspired me to make my mix and really changed any break mixes that came after it.

Tony, what was that mexican record you played at pianos, the horns man, the horns.... killing it. I'm going to go back and listen at work tomorrow and see if I can pick out any extra ids just for fun.

here's one off the top of my head, Herb Bernstein and the New Crusade.

i talked to him yesterday for the first time in a mintue...i'll say whats up.
    gimme more detallos about the mexican record.im thinking, is it the one with on the cover?
    herb bernstein aint a herb!!!

• Damn dude thanks for putting those up. I think it's the last one but it doesn't have the vocals. The search continues...

dude the album is fairly common. its on capitol and its called "Get that feelin". that and "Flashing" are by far the best two albums from their '67 sessions, and theyre both on capitol.

Hey man, I do have that. The "Hush Now" on this record is instrumental and more funky. Not the same as on the mix.

I dunno, I think Tripdub mighta mixed a couple of versions.

The one off of this sounds the closest to my ears:

Damn dude thanks for putting those up. I think it's the last one but it doesn't have the vocals. The search continues...

Hey man, I do have that. The "Hush Now" on this record is instrumental and more funky. Not the same as on the mix.

you sure youre thinking of the right record? the one on "get that feeling" is the exact one used in the mix. vocal version, really tinny-sounding. maybe tripledouble can confirm it for us. the middle of the song is chopped out on aeiou, but other than that its definitely the same version. i'll post a clip when i get home, maybe our pressings of "get that feeling" are different .

i have "get that feeling" on mp3, and it has the instrumental version, but my LP at home is the exact vocal version.

you sure youre thinking of the right record? the one on "get that feeling" is the exact one used in the mix. vocal version, really tinny-sounding. maybe tripledouble can confirm it for us. the middle of the song is chopped out on aeiou, but other than that its definitely the same version. i'll post a clip when i get home, maybe our pressings of "get that feeling" are different .

i have "get that feeling" on mp3, and it has the instrumental version, but my LP at home is the exact vocal version.

yeah, I just played it. But it's not on Capitol. It's some bootleg/both covers on front and back/1976 version on MOD. Sketchy looking and they must not have reproduced those Capitols exactly is what I'm guessing now.

If you got the Capitol one near you for cheap grab it for me then so I can hear it, if you don't mind.

yeah, I just played it. But it's not on Capitol. It's some bootleg/both covers on front and back/1976 version on MOD. Sketchy looking and they must not have reproduced those Capitols exactly is what I'm guessing now.

If you got the Capitol one near you for cheap grab it for me then so I can hear it, if you don't mind.

i'll definitely pick you up a copy next time i see it. its a fantastic record. i'll rip the version of "hush now" when i get home.

• los grillos

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Los Grillos are Bolivian, not Mexican.

• that's true.

here it is.

the jimi was from the boots with the inset of jimis face on a white LP...i forget exactly what it was called, but i can look for it. there are actually different "versions" even on that same covered boot. every version of hush now is dope!! this sick sick rock collector in philly was telling me how many people doubt that that was even jimi on any of the recordings.

ahhh grillos...thats my shit!

the jimi was from the boots with the inset of jimis face on a white LP...i forget exactly what it was called, but i can look for it. there are actually different "versions" even on that same covered boot. every version of hush now is dope!! this sick sick rock collector in philly was telling me how many people doubt that that was even jimi on any of the recordings.

damn, i havent heard that. do you know who played drums on those sessions? i always guessed it was pretty purdie. the drumming is fairly ahead of its time for mid-67...

i have some UK one called "the eternal fire of jimi hendrix" with vocal and instrumental versions of most of the shit from those sessions. i'd love to get all of them. anybody know if theres a boot with an instrumental version of "love love" on it that includes the break at the end?

the sound of the drums on these 67 sessions is my favorite drum sound EVER, PERIOD.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    hey tripledouble do u still have a copy of this i could get off ya? shoot me a pm and lemme kno how if u can and how much ud want. thanks! looks super dope. still havent heard more than a few seconds

• every version of hush now is dope!!

Yup. That's why I don't mind gettin' "the wrong ones".

Thanks for discussing all this, y'all.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Hi. I had this on my old ipod (RIP) and aint herd it inna minute.

Can someone post it?

I promise I'll paypal Tripledoub the digital download fees.

Thanks so much,
    Chad

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    every version of hush now is dope!!

Yup. That's why I don't mind gettin' "the wrong ones".

Thanks for discussing all this, y'all.

I had always heard that Hendrix was a good, but pedestrian, R&B guitar player until he went to England, turned on, formed a power trio, and was given paisley shirts to wear.

This cut seems to suggest that he totally psyched out before heading to England.

I had always heard that Hendrix was a good, but pedestrian, R&B guitar player until he went to England, turned on, formed a power trio, and was given paisley shirts to wear.

This cut seems to suggest that he totally psyched out before heading to England.

if you havent heard much of these summer '67 sessions, you really should...they are by far some of my favorite stuff hendrix was involved with.