Reggae soul covers? (RR)

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm staunchly pro-bootlegging.

• hey you are in JA right?

Born & raised,and here to stay.

somebody needs to tail that fool Earl and find out where he cops his shit from

Who's Earl a eBay seller?

i am going back in May for two weeks.

We should link but no "Soul Strut sleep over" though

what area are you in ?

Earl is the only seller on ebay that matters when it comes to vintage reggae music.

i'll hit u up on here when that time comes.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    [quoteAs for CPeetz' issues with Sh*ne, sounds like some personal shit. This is probably not the place to put it all on blast. Especially if you're not going to stand behind your words and explain what you're talking about.

/
    I get trigger happy on the blast tip, that's my bad.
    I'm instituting a new rigorous posting review policy to attempt to avoid inserting my foot into
    my fat ass mouth.
    I agree that this was not the place to delve into my personal issues, that's why I chose to delete my posts.
    If I came across "asshurt" it's because I am, nobody likes losing close friends, which is what I considered
    Sh#ne at one point.
    My issues aside I can't front on Sureshot as a champion of the music he's devoted his life to.
    I'm done with this topic, I've already made enough of an ass out of myself for one thread.

• we need a "soft" graemlin or whatever those things are called.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

what area are you in ?

Kingston/St Andrew.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

you're a f u c k i n g toy.

Why are your Internet feelings so hurt? I just couldn't understand how you put down comps and big-upped podcasts in the same post. And then dissed posters and their knowledge on the subject of "early reggae".

• you're a f u c k i n g toy.

Why are your Internet feelings so hurt? I just couldn't understand how you put down comps and big-upped podcasts in the same post. And then dissed posters and their knowledge on the subject of "early reggae".

i think you know what i am trying to say.

and believe me... my "internet feelings"(that has got to be the whitest phrase i have ever encountered) are not hurt.

just sayin, if dude wasn't trying to cake off of JA's blood sweat and tears why didn't dude post that shit up podcast style.

personally i think most reggae soul covers are weak (with the exceptional handful) and mostly embraced by funk sample hip hop herbs.

• what area are you in ?

Kingston/St Andrew.

you have access to so much good stuff man. i have a friend that went door to door in the late 80's early 90's. he would ask families to bring out their old records and he would offer up a cash. a white guy that he says a lot of times would get mistaken by the natives as jehovah's witness.

dude now has one of the illest collections in the state of california and quite possibly the country. he lives in the bay area he doesn't dj and the shit is just collecting dust. the defnition of hoarding. if that fool croaks i'm all over that shit.

my dude Jeremy runs a shop out in new york called deadly dragon sound. a decent collection he has and it steadily grows. he goes to JA 3 times a year and from what i understand there is still quite a bit of stuff around and just outside of kingston. i've never brought anything back with me of the 3 times i have gone. but then i never had the time to go out and dig.

• this thread needs a appearance.....

The locally pressed stuff is all but depleted at this moment you got to remember that they were pressed up in very small amounts,for local consumption at least.This place has been ran through i rejoice whenever i see a reissue,it's that bad,really.

Most of whats available is really badly scratched up 45's i barely even see LP'S
    You really have to know someone with a collection,because the shops here hardly ever have anything worth buying,Unless your thing is collecting records that were used as doorstops.

• i'd like to agree with you but the ebay seller i mentioned in the previous post is killing it week after week and he is in JA.

ex+ near mints and very seldomly a VG+++.

slaying week after week.

Local 7" presses of vintage stuff paired with brittish presses too. how the fuck does dude get the brittish presses in JA?

like i said, i'd like to believe you but i have seen other wise and the titles dude offers up are insane.

hey i put on my skinny-leg jeans one leg at a time just like you dude.

Send me a link to his eBay auction,does he provide soundclips? i need to hear what constitutes a VG+ 45 downhere.

hey i put on my skinny-leg jeans one leg at a time just like you dude.

POST PICS IN THE EXPENSIVE JEANS THREAD OR YOU'RE SOFT

• Send me a link to his eBay auction,does he provide soundclips? i need to hear what constitutes a VG+ 45 downhere.

trust me homie. dude ain't playin'.

maybe someone else on here that knows who i am talking about will post a link to his auctions but not me. the less people in the know the better.

i will however tell you dudes name. you can ask around town about him if you care to.

and yes he provides sound clips. dude i have bought from him many many times.

dude is the real deal.

Send me a PM.

• The idea that Jamaica is awash with loads of shit hot dub and reggae records seems to be one of the most enduring misconceptions in the game.

• thats one of his sites yeah but he has like 3 so try again smarty pants.

• The idea that Jamaica is awash with loads of shit hot dub and reggae records seems to be one of the most enduring misconceptions in the game.

you'd be surprised at what still out there.

and yes he provides sound clips.
    http://www.bestonesmusic.com/

How do you know - you said you've been three times but never actually looked for records, Magnetic who lives there says its dry like a desert, and there have been about 2308 posts on here over the past 6+ years where dudes get the sweaty palms of excitement about going there to go digging only to realise that lots of places aren't that safe and there aren't stores racked with heat. I am just saying, and with reference to the auctions posted, the high starting prices seem like a sure fire indicator of scarcity to me.

I'm not saying there are no records, just that the idea Jamaica is awash with loads of shit hot dub and reggae records[/b] seems to be one of the most enduring misconceptions in the game.

I would expect there to be more shit hot dub and reggae records in NY and places like Toronto than Jamaica.

That is all, and yes I like dub and reggae.

comps can eat a dick.
    Earl knows what's up.

How do you know - you said you've been three times but never actually looked for records, Magnetic who lives there says its dry like a desert, and there have been about 2308 posts on here over the past 6+ years where dudes get the sweaty palms of excitement about going there to go digging only to realise that lots of places aren't that safe and there aren't stores racked with heat. I am just saying, and with reference to the auctions posted, the high starting prices seem like a sure fire indicator of scarcity to me.

I'm not saying there are no records, just that the idea Jamaica is awash with loads of shit hot dub and reggae records[/b] seems to be one of the most enduring misconceptions in the game.

I would expect there to be more shit hot dub and reggae records in NY and places like Toronto than Jamaica.

That is all, and yes I like dub and reggae.

who said anything about stores?

I know people who go 3 times a year and come back with sick stuff.

the high prices are high because people will pay that shit for even somewhat common reggae records.

you are right about places not being safe but if a lanky ass white boy with a pocket full of cash can run thru door to door and come up on heat then i will be damned if cannot come up on some heat out that way myself.

Also, out in berkeley California there are a lesbian couple named susan and dixie. they also go a few times a year and if you see the minty shit they bring back your jaw would drop. their ebay handle is recordlikedirt. check'em. Folks gotta know where to look.

you hollerin' about go to a store and dig LOL! fuckouttaherewiththatbullshit...

• comps can eat a dick.

do you know if any of the artist got paid? remember dude worked with dennis brown for a really long time and is close to a lot of the artists out there. not to mention charmaine records.

p.s - i think you are just upset about the stir fried grits comment! LOL!

comps can eat a dick.

do you know if any of the artist got paid?
    Earl got paid--that's all I need to know.

The idea that Jamaica is awash with loads of shit hot dub and reggae records seems to be one of the most enduring misconceptions in the game.

Hey i checked some of the soundclips on dude's auctions his gradings matched the sound clips provided.
    There are other seller's on there that act like,just the fact that the record is even playable its automatically VG++
    i see he doesn't fall into that category.

I know people who go 3 times a year and come back with sick stuff.

You know "Manny connected people" then.

• find him... tail him... strong arm.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The dick measuring contest in this thread is