SCIENTOLOGY

13»

Comments

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    drugs anyone?

to be honest, burroughs suprised me the most...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    drugs anyone?

to be honest, burroughs suprised me the most...

Yea, and that Bart Simpson voice lady. How can your bread and butter be making fun of society and then get into a cult like that.

• How many people posting in this thread have actually read Dianetics, all the way through?

I have. Don't forget, Christianity was considered a fluke cult until it caught on. Is bashing on Soulstrut the new feeding the lions?

I'm not a Scientologist, but after reading Dianetics, and coincidentally City of Quartz by Mike Davis (he does a little section about LRH in it) it's got SOME valid points, but is essentially a complex new age self help money pyramid scheme, that believes a lot of peoples problems start in the womb and stem from the mother having extra-marital affairs.

And for the record, LRH was in the Navy as some sort of psychoanalist or medical examiner, and a lot of his theories were based on his observations of and conversations with wounded folks in hospitals. According to Mike Davis, he was also an apprentice to a Satanic priest in Hollywood, and was boffing his mentors wife. The priest found out about his wife and LRH, and came up with some crazy ritual involving a hooker, insemination and bringing forth the anti-christ on earth. Then the mansion they were in exploded, LRH was the only survivor, and went on to write Dianetics. The case of the explosion was never solved by LAPD....

Yeah man... I am really surprised no one else brought this stuff up. LRH, if nothing else, is a damn interesting cat. What I have read is that he was working in Naval intelligence, and it was here that he started figuring out brain-washing and what-not. Keep in mind, brain-washing in and of itself is not a bad thing. Try calling it "re-wiring", or "reprogramming", and it doesn't sound so nefarious. In fact, it is an ability that everyone would be better off knowing how to utilize. Anyhow... He was pals with Jack Parsons, who is just as fascinating as Hubbard. A magickian, rocket scientist, and co-founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Here's from wikipedia:

"He is less well known than Wernher von Braun or Theodore von K??rm??n in the rocket program and the origins of JPL. Nonetheless, von Braun remarked that Parsons, and not he, should be regarded as the father of the American space program. [1]

Parsons was also an avid practitioner of the occult arts, and a follower of Thelema. He was chosen by Aleister Crowley to lead the Thelemic Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) in California in 1941. He was also the sometime magickal partner of L. Ron Hubbard. The two participated in a ritual known as the Babalon Working which is famous in occult circles ??? loosely, an attempt to summon a goddess and change the course of history. This relationship lasted until 1947, when Hubbard defrauded Parsons of a sum of money (and ran off with his girlfriend). In return, Parsons failed to notify Hubbard that he had received a letter from the United States Navy informing Hubbard of his long-coveted promotion to the rank of lieutenant commander. [2]

Jack Parsons died in 1952 in a laboratory explosion which is generally regarded as accidental. An extensive online library of his seminal writings regarding the Babalon Working has been maintained since 1997 at http://www.babalon.net.

A crater on the far side of the Moon has been named after him."

If you think Hubbard is just a kook, and that his theories have no basis, I think you'd be mistaken. I wouldn't want to pay all the money, but some of the excercises and techniques look interesting... And with the proper understanding, could probably be beneficial to anyone.

That being said, from all accounts, guy was an asshole (Hubbard not Parsons).

Peace...

FNM

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Like whoa!

Thanks for the clarification M!! My memory wasn't too far off...

• Like whoa!

No problem!

If you are interested in this kinda stuff, I would recommend looking into Parsons... Very interesting guy. I mean, the possible "father of the American Space Program" doing magick, and dancing around naked to invoke goddesses... hanging out with Crowley, AND Robert Heinlein AND the infamous L.RON. AND communing with extra-terrestrials. Check this shit from alienzoo:

"Although he wasn't a musician and probably didn't play his music backwards, Parsons was involved with two rather famous writers - L. Ron Hubbard (Dianetics, Scientology, Battlefield Earth) and Robert Heinlein. Hubbard and Heinlein were both friends of Parsons and they shared his occult interests in magic, as well as inspirations from Crowley and "Thelema." Parsons and his group attempted to create an incarnation of the goddess Babalon. The purpose of the Babalon Working, according to Parsons, was to create this entity, thus ushering in the Aeon of Horus. Some argue that this being manifested in the form of an Grey alien being, possibly in Roswell, New Mexico. Heinlein's involvement is further supported through Stranger in a Strange Land, where the concept of Thelema is illustrated, but cleverly coded in the text.

Evidence from the Church of Scientology suggests that Hubbard was sent in by the government to dismantle the group of "black magicians," including Parsons. Another Church of Scientology statement claims that Hubbard actually broke up the group, as though he completely opposed Parsons and never participated in what happened. It seems the church tried to clear Hubbard of any involvement with Parsons, his entourage, or any of the "black magic" going on in that group.

In 1950, the FBI investigated Parsons for having classified documents from his work with the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology at Pasadena (GALCIT). This explains why but a trace of information available from "official" sources, like the Web sites of NASA and the JPL, regarding the contributions of Parsons. For a man who was considered so significant in rocketry (and thus, to the space program and national defense), who has a statue at JPL, and a crater on the dark side of the moon in his name, it seems odd that Parsons is "lost" in history. His interest and activity in the O.T.O. is what keeps his spirit alive today, but the double-edged sword is that it also got him "accidentally" dead. (Parsons died in an "accidental" explosion while moving volatile chemicals from his home laboratory in 1952).

This also leads to the UFO connection. Some UFO researchers believe that the first flying saucer and Grey alien incidents, particularly Roswell, stemmed from the creation of the entity envisioned by Crowley and later, by Parsons. A sketch of an Enochian entity (from Crowley) looks strikingly similar to the quintessential Greys - the iconic extraterrestrial beings. Parsons had some kind of contact in a New Mexico desert, too, at this time, with a being from Venus. The timing of this also lends to the mystery because it all happened in 1946, just prior to the Roswell incident of 1947.

There are a number of other interesting connections with this group and the things that went on in Jack Parsons.s life and how they relate to the events of that time. Jack Parsons put the "JP" in JPL with his contributions to the science of solid rocket fuels and jet assisted take-off, but his other life pursuits effectively shadowed those contributions in a haze of mystery. His death, accident or not, automatically raises the skeptic.s eyebrow simply because his associations with certain people at that time, coupled with his knowledge of a sensitive subject, made him a target. Parsons.s story is a conspiracy theorist's "land of opportunity" with all the coincidences involved and all the connections to prominent people at such a significant time.

The further this gets explored, the more questions arise. What did Parsons really know about UFOs and ETs if anything, and was his death the possible result of him knowing too much? Intentional or not, the story of Jack Parsons creeps into too many areas not to NOT be considered significant."

Here's a picture of the sketch made by Crowley of the being he was in contact with...

Also, here's an interesting book on the topic:

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    CHAKA KHAN IS ALSO A MEMBER. peace, stein.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    CHAKA KHAN IS ALSO A CAN GET MY MEMBER. peace, day.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Damn I thought I had been all through Hemet that building is no joke

Like whoa!

No problem!

. Parsons had some kind of contact in a New Mexico desert, too, at this time, with a being from Venus. The timing of this also lends to the mystery because it all happened in 1946, just prior to the Roswell incident of 1947.

I love this kind of stuff, but they always loose me when they mention someone from Venus. The planet is one big toxic lava pit. Not sure where you could survive no matter how advanced you are.

One swiss guy said he mated with a girl from Venus. Of course he didn't take any actual pics of her, but all the ones he drew looked like you average girl from Heavy Metal magazine. The one real photo he took of her "ship" looks like a pie tin on a pile of snow.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I actually teach a lesson on Sientology to my 12th Grade Government class when discussing the 1st Amendment Freedom of religion. They read a short handout about Sientology and have to argue whether they think it's a cult or not and whether the government should be able to regulate it or not.

Basically, this is what I learned about Scientology in doing research for the lesson.

1) Scientology is basically a self-improvement movement. They're often found on the streets or in malls offering a free personality test. This is to try to find out what kind of emotional and psychological hang ups you might have and they offer a way for you to fix them if you go toone of their meetings.

2) The first couple meetings are free and they give you a test (can't remember the name right now) which was written by one of Hubbard's proteges who had no background in psychology or anything at all. It's actually a rip off of a well known Ivy League psych test from Harvard or something. Anyways, after they are sure of what problems you face, you then have to start paying for each additional test to help "heal" you of your problems. The beginning fees are very low, but there are several levels and the higher you go the more expensive they are. I think I remember a Time magazine article about Scientology in the late-80s/early-90s that claimed some of the highest tests can cost up to $1 million. I don't think any of the tests are based upon any kind of science either.

3) As someone already noted, many people think Scientology is just a money scam, but there are plenty of other groups that you have to pay to help you, not least of which is a regular shrink so what's the big deal?

4) I've read reports that when members get to the highest levels it's revealed to them that L. Ron Hubbard is God.

5) The German government called Scientology a cult and banned their activities in their country. The German government claimed that the group was brainwashing its members and fleecing them of all their money.

My kids for the most part don't think Scientology is a cult after the lesson, do think it might be just a way to get money, but don't think it should be regulated by the government because it's not harming people any more than a Sunday TV preacher asking for people to send in donations.

Check this. Scientology is not harmless........

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn I thought I had been all through Hemet that building is no joke

Have you been upstairs here?

Young Rape Deezy came all the way from NY just to laugh at the records here.

I did pull some decent stuff out of there in the past.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Motown,

People pay a shrink because they are cerified Psycologists or Psychiatrists with degrees and years of schooling. As opposed to someone who made up a test to "clear" Aliens from 75 million years ago who live inside your body.

I honestly try not to me judgmental. If it works for you, go for it. But there's always been something extremely off about that whole thing in my opinion.

If it helps someone, cool, it still seems wacko to me.

Just look at Tom Cruise!

3) As someone already noted, many people think Scientology is just a money scam, but there are plenty of other groups that you have to pay to help you, not least of which is a regular shrink so what's the big deal?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    2 words: Mind Head

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont neccesarily think scientology is the gospel or anything, and Ive never been interested, but Im just as weirded out by people who call it some insane cult as I am people who worship L.Ron.

I mean, Its definitely a structure of control, but no more than anything else. People are so closed minded. Like there are some people that STILL dont believe the world is ruled by snake people!

You can look at anyones beliefs from the outside and call them rediculous or stupid. But how are yours any more valid? People love to fight about it, but reality is a completely subjective perception, so whats the point?

By the way, the S in Scientology on the big building in Hollywood Is actually formed by a snake.

Why? No one seems to ask. Likewise, no one seems to wonder about the multi billion dollar scale replica of the court of babylon that sits not 6 blocks to the west. Or the giant stone monument to the anunaki and the sumarian seed of knowledge being passed down to the chosen people.

The reason theres so many crazy people in hollywood is cause its closest to the source. This is where they create and diseminate the matrix of illusion which they use to control the minds of the masses. They pump people with a curious mix of desire and fear till they feel confined even by their own imagination.

When this happens you begin to develop an artificial sense of what is "possible" and what is "impossible". Once you buy into this lie you are basicly already locked in a mental prison.

Snake-a-tology man, reptilian mind control. These bitches still got us all by the balls!

Seriously, who's crazier? Scientologists? Or Bitches yelling about scientologists?

The world may never care.

www.cchr.org

this shit is up the street from my apartment. They try to play like their not scientologists. Yeah right.